Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:33 pm
Wasn't as bad as I thought :3

About to start pouring water in and heating it up a bit. Lots of work but will look nice. It doesn't seem to be leaking, no major cracks or anything. If anything is leaking it's a tiny hole but I don't think so. I'll inspect it full with water though soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:12 pm
User Image

It's so big @_@  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:14 pm
Any tips? Jumping from a 20gal long to this monster for 3 goldfish, one snail and one bristlenose pleco.

I will never find my pleco is this monster tank again D:  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:57 pm
Look at you, miss up-grade-my-tank-twice-in-just-a-couple-months! XD

Its really not much different than your 20 long. You get the pleasure of only having to do small water changes (in comparison to the tank size) until your fish start growing out more smile  

Akari_32

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:05 pm
Akari_32
Look at you, miss up-grade-my-tank-twice-in-just-a-couple-months! XD

Its really not much different than your 20 long. You get the pleasure of only having to do small water changes (in comparison to the tank size) until your fish start growing out more smile
Hehe I'm still in shock! My father in law reminded us every couple days about the monster in the shed and my brother in law and hubby finally got it out :3

Now my father in law says it needs to run for awhile but I'm not sure how long. I used most of the water that was in my 20 with quite a bit of fresh. I was planning on just waiting til the temp hit about 70-72ish before acclimating but I wan't sure the best way. Like with the bag or in a smaller tank pouring in the "new" water or something.

I kinda thought that since I used so much tank water from the 20 it would sort of act like a water change? I did that when I moved from the 10 to the 20 and it caused a bit of a spike in ammonia but it went down in a couple of days.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:40 pm
Water does not hold any of the beneficial bacteri that cycles a tank, so really it's just more a convenience then help. All you really need to do is let the temp stablize, and them move over all your decor and filter media over when you're ready to move the fish.  

Akari_32

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:25 pm
Akari_32
Water does not hold any of the beneficial bacteri that cycles a tank, so really it's just more a convenience then help. All you really need to do is let the temp stablize, and them move over all your decor and filter media over when you're ready to move the fish.
Alrighty. I'm about to move the goldies since they're looking shabby in the quarter full 20. It's at 68 so not ready for mister pleco yet :X  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:21 pm
User Image
They don't seem to know what to do with all this space.

User Image
Had to sneak in one razz

There seems to be a lot of scratches but overall the thing is in nice condition.  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Akari_32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:22 am
How cute! He could live in there too XD

You're fully stocked now, so no more fishies wink you could do some smaller schooling fish like White Cloud Minnows, but no more poop machines lol  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:26 pm
Akari_32
How cute! He could live in there too XD

You're fully stocked now, so no more fishies wink you could do some smaller schooling fish like White Cloud Minnows, but no more poop machines lol

Yes definitely. My bro in law wants to have a fish or two in our tank but we'll look at small things rather than goldfish :3  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Akari_32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:26 pm
White clouds, or rosy/blunt nose minnows would add some movement and fun to the tank smile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:29 pm
Akari_32
White clouds, or rosy/blunt nose minnows would add some movement and fun to the tank smile
Tankuu, I'll look into them biggrin And it's something I can easily transfer to my 20g if he decides to take it.  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items