So it's no secret my Mother in Law is the crazy cat lady. We have more cats than we should and I've successfully found a home for one but well.. I'm seriously limited on what I can do about her cats. I can only take care of my dog and help with what else I can. And being as I'm about to begin my first year of college... yeah.

Anyway. I already know how many cats we SHOULD have and I won't get into details with how many we do have because I'm only going to be talking about two.

Yesterday one of the cats that was born in this house needed to be put down, as determined by the vet. Long, long long story short... he needed a lot of testing done but the vet said it looked like something internal and testing/any procedure that could have been done likely would have made him worse or not been successful. This is coming from the vet that removed an electric guitar string from the stomach of another one of our cats.

So my Mother in Law took it upon herself to do the best she could and end his suffering. Out of that litter of kittens, only one remains. That is the one I am worried about.

Normally, Yahiko is like, the snuggliest kitty you could wish for. He does this thing where he sits on your lap and puts his head into your elbow area and it is so darn cute.

Last night I went to pet him and he got up and moved away from me. Refused to climb onto anyone's lap.

The cat that was put down was the first born of that littler and Yahiko's brother. The vet was sure what he had wasn't contagious so I don't think it's anything like that. He just seems sad :<

What can I do?

Again, limited on what I'm able to do. Not my cat, not much income, starting school, etc. I really can't take her cat to the vet but I can encourage her to do so and pass along your suggestions.

Sorry if I come by as a bit meanish. I have only lived in this house a few years and not really bonded with any of the cats so while I am very, very sad at the loss of Transy I can't really cry over it because his suffering is finally over.