Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Dialects
Differences between dialects Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which language that you discovered is most surprising?
  Italian
  French
  Portuguese
  Spanish
  Polish
  German
  An Asian Language
  Other (post it)
View Results

Spanish Nerd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:31 pm
Here's I site I found that I think is really cool. A person reads a passage, showing how there is different pronounciation between people of different countries.
http://home.unilang.org/resources/pronscript/sonidos/sonidos.php?lng=es

EDIT: Feel free to discuss what you think of different dialects, which you like/dislike, and anything along those lines...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:20 am
*dies of laughter listening to Quebecois* rofl

I've just realised for the first time that I don't like the Spanish pronounciation in Spain neutral Hurry for Mexican Spanish 4laugh

AND FINNISH SOUNDS SO WIERD!!! eek  

Proudly_Jewish
Captain

Spanish Nerd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:48 pm
Proudly_Jewish
*dies of laughter listening to Quebecois* rofl

I've just realised for the first time that I don't like the Spanish pronounciation in Spain neutral Hurry for Mexican Spanish 4laugh

AND FINNISH SOUNDS SO WIERD!!! eek

Hey, I tried to tell you about Spanish in Spain. Spanishnerd knows all. lol

Castillian Spanish is annoying to me sometimes. Since all my podcasts have people from Spain speaking, it's getting a bit old; all I hear is thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Plus it's very harsh sounding. Sometimes it makes me think twice about wanting to go to Spain. Dialects in Latin America are much more pretty. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:56 pm
Portuguese really surprised me, I must say. It sounds like a very blended mixture of French and Spanish, and at other times just like French, and at other times Italian and Spanish.... eek

It's caught my interest, that's all I can say. wink  

Spanish Nerd
Vice Captain

Proudly_Jewish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:18 pm
Finnish was like the shock of the century for me xd I thought it might sound different, but... wow... eek

Portuguese definately sounded wierd though. Not to offend any Portuguese people here, but it sounded like a Dutch person trying to learn Spanish gonk

By the way - is it just me, or does the Brasilian Portuguese dialect sound annoying compared to the Portuguese of Portugal? >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:20 pm
Proudly_Jewish
Finnish was like the shock of the century for me xd I thought it might sound different, but... wow... eek

Portuguese definately sounded wierd though. Not to offend any Portuguese people here, but it sounded like a Dutch person trying to learn Spanish gonk

By the way - is it just me, or does the Brasilian Portuguese dialect sound annoying compared to the Portuguese of Portugal? >.<

*listens again*
Hmm...I find the Brazillian dialect more animated and lively...plus funnier sounding! biggrin And I could understand more words in that dialect.
The Portugal dialect is more low key. 3nodding

The Finnish is shocking, but not as much as the Portuguese for me. I just can't get over it. *is MY shock of the century* stressed

Catalan sounds cool! Kind of a nasal version of Spanish. cool  

Spanish Nerd
Vice Captain

Nanoq
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:44 am
Wow, Portuguese is beautiful, I'm not shocked, I imagined it would be like that. My mother have always told me that Portuguese is more beautiful than Spanish, and a lot more relaxing than French. ^^ I love it! heart

Finnish wasn't a schock at all. >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:49 pm
Mivi
Wow, Portuguese is beautiful, I'm not shocked, I imagined it would be like that. My mother have always told me that Portuguese is more beautiful than Spanish, and a lot more relaxing than French. ^^ I love it! heart

Finnish wasn't a schock at all. >.<

Well...I never heard it before! redface eek  

Spanish Nerd
Vice Captain

Proudly_Jewish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:17 pm
Thai sounds different from what I thought it would sound like...

And I can understand a few words of Czech and Polish domokun  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:12 am
My speakers don't work. crying

I hate my computer.  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Vice Captain

Proudly_Jewish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:07 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast

I hate my computer.
crying  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:08 am
Proudly_Jewish
Eccentric Iconoclast

I hate my computer.
crying

Nyah! Now I'm on a computer where the speakers DO work!

I didn't think Finnish sounded unexpected at all. confused

I loved how Welsh sounded. 3nodding  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Vice Captain

HellsBitch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:08 am
The danish one is more flat than the one she is speaking. Typical german-speaking-danish melody she has going there. Its pretty fluent though, I must say. But german and Danish is closely related.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:35 am
i would say what really like a soft language(in a way) in it's standard form
would be Japanese
I'm learning many of japanese dialects and preferably I really like the Hokkaido-ben dialect over tokyo-ben ( yes there is a Hokkaido-ben for those who don't believe me)
and kansai-ben sounded somewhat different but more harsh like German  

419scambaiterKoko

Spanish Nerd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:49 pm
You know, Japanese sounds like Spanish at times. It's because the vowels are similar to Spanish vowels...that's what my friend says. 3nodding

So I felt like I understood some things! xd  
Dialects

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces