Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Etsy Showoffs~

Back to Guilds

A meeting place for Etsy sellers, and buyers to make connections. 

Tags: Etsy, crafts, online sellers, creative, shop 

Reply ~Etsy Showoffs~
More traffic and sales

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

want more sales
  yeah
  yeah !!!
  heck yeah!!!
View Results

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:32 pm
This is what everyone wants. I personally have not tried to be on some forums that Etsy has for support. I feel better trying and seeing from my own efforts first.

I find that being unique is the best way to get sales or see what is the it thing at the moment.

When listing on Etsy its super important to use all key words/tags provided to pull in potential clients (there are 13 available keywords).

(long version lol)
One funny thing about this tagging. I tag my usual items example: my bows or Victorian items. Then I look at my stats and I get to see what draws people into my Etsy (especially after 9pm when the new day starts). I have hats/beanies and the people don't look for this item because I don't see it in their search tag yet once they are in my shop they look at them and have even had a sale for this.

So my point: have a variety of items in your shop, you may want to sell one thing that is your passion but people will buy what else yo have that they like.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:32 pm
Good advice. I'll try and go through and see what I can improve on.

I was going to try and make earrings today, but I have very little natural night due to rain. We are doing some house construction, so I have minimal overhead light when I work at night. Today was a pretty big waste.  

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:52 am
Sailor Blue Rose

I was going to try and make earrings today, but I have very little natural night due to rain. We are doing some house construction, so I have minimal overhead light when I work at night. Today was a pretty big waste.

I know what you mean when you take notice you miss and loose an entire day or 12 hours of possible work. Good thing is that you are aware of it and hopefully tomorrow you can catch up with lost time. I did that today because I went to get fabric and I lost the entire day/afternoon and then had to cook, feed, clean, and I have company with a gaia/convention buddy here at my house and we are doing crafts and work and lots of talking.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:53 am
Sailor Blue Rose

Tonight I will do some pjs, brooches, and if there is more energy I will try a pokemon something.

*Edit* lol
have not even finished the pjs *sigh
I will go to it right now. I did (however!!!) put together a dog house for my doggie and it is a WOW!!! It was a gift from my awesome and nice neighbor who is a dog trainer and licensed seeing eye dog trainer. That dog house must be worth way over $500 easy.  

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 pm
spoofete
I know what you mean when you take notice you miss and loose an entire day or 12 hours of possible work. Good thing is that you are aware of it and hopefully tomorrow you can catch up with lost time. I did that today because I went to get fabric and I lost the entire day/afternoon and then had to cook, feed, clean, and I have company with a gaia/convention buddy here at my house and we are doing crafts and work and lots of talking.

I've been catching-up slowly. I took an aerial arts/ fitness class on Saturday. The tape that they used on the hoop apparatus, ripped the living s--t out of my hands. I also had to use a different grip that it much more work for me to use. If you remembered I do mostly knotting, so your hands are more in a curled position. It hurt like a mother f-er after a while. Even typing was a challenge yesterday. I'm a creative writer when not doing business or being social.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:39 am
spoofete
This is what everyone wants. I personally have not tried to be on some forums that Etsy has for support. I feel better trying and seeing from my own efforts first.

I find that being unique is the best way to get sales or see what is the it thing at the moment.

When listing on Etsy its super important to use all key words/tags provided to pull in potential clients (there are 13 available keywords).

(long version lol)
One funny thing about this tagging. I tag my usual items example: my bows or Victorian items. Then I look at my stats and I get to see what draws people into my Etsy (especially after 9pm when the new day starts). I have hats/beanies and the people don't look for this item because I don't see it in their search tag yet once they are in my shop they look at them and have even had a sale for this.

So my point: have a variety of items in your shop, you may want to sell one thing that is your passion but people will buy what else yo have that they like.

Or have someone randomly link your stuff on Reddit. I had that happen (unexpectedly) to my custom TF2 hats and had a huge spike in views. Now I have a backlog of hats to make. I've also got a back log of just STUFF I want to make, but with how things have been I haven't had time to actually work on anything.

I just like making too much stuff/get too many random ideas so I end up with a whole variety of things in different stages. Creativity, a blessing and a curse.  

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

frrobin

Fairy

11,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • PvP 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:15 pm
Thank you for the advice! I am in dire need of it. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:44 pm
Thank you for the pm with help. I cant pm you back..  

frrobin

Fairy

11,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • PvP 200
  • Marathon 300

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:05 pm
frrobin

Oh let me take a look at that, could be because I had my account on private for a day or so.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:07 pm
frrobin

I started my business with bows too and then I moved into clothing and that's when thing started to boom.  

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

frrobin

Fairy

11,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • PvP 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:57 pm
spoofete
frrobin

I started my business with bows too and then I moved into clothing and that's when thing started to boom.
ah I'm going to try that then, was thinking of trying to make cute waist aprons.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:24 am
frrobin
spoofete
frrobin

ah I'm going to try that then, was thinking of trying to make cute waist aprons.

Those are really hot and you will do well. I am currently doing a apron dress myself.  

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

thief rikku5

Generous Hoarder

8,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:32 pm
I find it strange, last week I had 92 views versus my usual 32ish views. Now it's back down to about 25-30. I have no clue what happened that made those views jump up like that. I have a feeling it is one of my cards that I posted the week prior, but I have been trying to promote and hand out business cards like mad. I'm wondering how I can get the views to bump up like that again... I'm too busy working on Christmas presents for family, so I don't really have the time to create any cards for the next couple of weeks.... which totally stinks... Should I go to the Etsy forums and start doing that?  
~Etsy Showoffs~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games