Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
What is my life?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:37 am
My educating is ruining (ruined?) me. I feel like I am drowning in theory and discourse on sex, gender, and sexuality as well as theory about superheroines and female villains in comic books. I mean, I find this s**t fun (AKA the part where I am ruined), but it's probably slightly ridiculous how much random theory I know and care about. I may be at the point of no return since Stockholm syndrome has set in.

But either way, omg I am going to die in the next 5 weeks. So. Many. Papers. And. Exams. Why. Whyyyyyyyyy. Someone tell me about their busy lives so I don't cry (or idk do my assignments).  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:04 pm
I'm working several jobs just to cover my rent while I'm at school, because I'm taking a ridiculous amount of classes due to constantly transferring schools and changing my major. Technically, I have 5 jobs. Though they're all s**t hours and I'm baarreellyy covering cost of living. I applied for food stamps so I wouldn't starve.

I have an 8 page paper due in a few weeks that I don't want to start. As well as a group report, but everytime the group gets together, it's always, "I haven't had time to get any research done. . ." For everyone involved.

School is stressful. I'm so ready to be done. But you love what you're studying! So that makes it worth it, right?  

~x[chained_fairy]x~

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:03 pm
Well, I enjoy half of it. xD I'm taking some other classes I don't care about.

Like I'm cool with my 8-10 page paper on comic books and my exam and take-home essay on (probably) gender, and I'll enjoy those. However, I also have an 8-10 page paper interpreting one of Shakespeare's plays, a 6-8 page case study on a news source, some type of final for my journalism class, and a final exam about stress management that I don't care about at all. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:37 am
I think we're all in similarly constructed boats, you guys. =C

I have three pieces of lineart due tomorrow (assigned yesterday, might I add) that I haven't even started on. The teacher's been extending due dates for half the class all semester, and now we're almost out of time and he's cracking the whip on ALL of us to make up for it. By Monday those three are supposed to explode into 20, along with several superimposed onto imaginary merchandise.

To make it worse, the passive aggressive classmates who mutter without shame keep asking me what to draw. Think for yourselves, you morons, I'm trying to do my own work! I really think they're the worst of it. Even when I'm not interested in the project I at least enjoy the program. But the people. crying stressed  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Phaeton 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:26 pm
It would be nice if teachers would spread their curriculum out evenly across the semester, and maybe pretend they know we don't take just one class a semester.

I feel like an a**. I went to a 4 year university, blew about $20k on a bachelor's degree in fine arts and GD. I have no idea what I could do with that degree. I don't have the message to be a contemporary, nor do I have the skills to be a commercial artist. I am too poor to afford the programs they did teach me to use. Even then my computer is too old and limited to run them.

It took me two years to find a job after graduation, to which I got canned 3 weeks later for being new. So like a moron, I doubled down on higher education and am attempting to get a Computer Science degree. I can't for the life of me understand why every degree requires public speaking now. I almost don't care about the final speech since I got Ds on the last two.

I can write. I can speak. I just happen to have the charisma of a cactus slathered in feces.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:27 pm
Phaeton 2
It would be nice if teachers would spread their curriculum out evenly across the semester, and maybe pretend they know we don't take just one class a semester.

I feel like an a**. I went to a 4 year university, blew about $20k on a bachelor's degree in fine arts and GD. I have no idea what I could do with that degree. I don't have the message to be a contemporary, nor do I have the skills to be a commercial artist. I am too poor to afford the programs they did teach me to use. Even then my computer is too old and limited to run them.

It took me two years to find a job after graduation, to which I got canned 3 weeks later for being new. So like a moron, I doubled down on higher education and am attempting to get a Computer Science degree. I can't for the life of me understand why every degree requires public speaking now. I almost don't care about the final speech since I got Ds on the last two.

I can write. I can speak. I just happen to have the charisma of a cactus slathered in feces.

That's why I'm scared to graduate, a lot of people end up just not using their degree. confused There's been a lot of good statistics for mine, so fingers crossed I can use it.

I don't understand the public speaking classes either. I had to take it in middle school, high school, and college. Really? I mean, come on. It's not even new info every time.  

~x[chained_fairy]x~

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:30 am
My life for the last month has been me in a practice room doing this, this, and this, among other things, with a metronome all day every day and I'm going crazy. O.o

(Also, that isn't me in the second video. I'm neither old nor white. >.>)

Also, I'm super-busy with an internship. Shouldn't complain, I guess, but, y'know. Life's nuts right now. O.o

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:52 pm
Oh, how I know that feeling.

In the next few weeks, I'll have four papers due, and five finals to take.
The only bright side is that I only have one more semester after this.
Graduating in May and never looking back.
I'm not even going to use this degree anyway.

Den Dristige Djevelen

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:15 am
Hmm, I should've been around last month to offer to do homework for pay. XD
I have had a serious lack of work lately, as my previous regular clients no longer need me.

I feel your pain, Phaeton. A friend and I were recently joking about rolling ourselves up as D&D characters, and I asked if it was legal to have 0 in Charisma. I ended up putting all my points into Intelligence. Everything else was 0. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:52 pm
I would seriously pay you if I didn't think my professors would noticed a sudden change in my tone. xD That and if I wouldn't feel like a horrible person.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:30 am
XD You'd probably get a worse grade though if I did it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:56 pm
Additionally, I don't think you want to analyze Shakespeare's Twelfth Night and talk about Renaissance hermaphrodites and the male anxiety surrounding sexual ambiguity. Lol.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:14 am
Did you just call me "ma'am"? D:<

XD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 pm
A couple of weeks ago my life was ridiculously hectic. But now that all of my finals are done except for one, it's considerably better.

Although I am still stressing 100% over my final, which is in Spanish. And an Oral. fml.  

comfylove
Crew

iBeatrice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:35 pm
Hi, guys! I wish I were as busy as you all. I'm sucking it up at a temp job, and that's it. Community band, flute choir, and violin lesson once a week, but it's not fulfilling enough for me. I soo want to quit the day job and get on with music. Speaking of which--
Nexus Carbuncle
My life for the last month has been me in a practice room doing this, this, and this, among other things, with a metronome all day every day and I'm going crazy. O.o

(Also, that isn't me in the second video. I'm neither old nor white. >.>)

Also, I'm super-busy with an internship. Shouldn't complain, I guess, but, y'know. Life's nuts right now. O.o

Yeah. Quit yer complaining. :p  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff