Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Etsy Showoffs~

Back to Guilds

A meeting place for Etsy sellers, and buyers to make connections. 

Tags: Etsy, crafts, online sellers, creative, shop 

Reply ~Etsy Showoffs~
Facebook Assistance Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 am
Hello Gaians and Crafters,

So I'm gonna give in and start a business Facebook. Any assistance, pointers, and such would be appreciated.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:39 am
Going to start up a fan page? They're actually really easy to use. I help run...5 of them. It's a good way to help promote yourself, find other businesses, etc.  

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:14 pm
aufdeutsch
Going to start up a fan page? They're actually really easy to use. I help run...5 of them. It's a good way to help promote yourself, find other businesses, etc.

If that's what they called, then yes. It's a foreign thing to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 pm
Sailor Blue Rose

So I'm gonna give in and start a business Facebook. Any assistance, pointers, and such would be appreciated.

I was always hesitant of paying for some advertising but my daughter did it for her business just about a week ago and it really does work. She promoted the post and it was not expensive it could be from $5.00 and up. It's best to use and pay with your paypal.

I am thinking of doing this next, I'm just beefing up my Etsy so I have some inventory when I do promote the post.  

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:57 pm
spoofete
Sailor Blue Rose

I was always hesitant of paying for some advertising but my daughter did it for her business just about a week ago and it really does work. She promoted the post and it was not expensive it could be from $5.00 and up. It's best to use and pay with your paypal.

I am thinking of doing this next, I'm just beefing up my Etsy so I have some inventory when I do promote the post.

Good to know.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:04 pm
Sailor Blue Rose
spoofete
Sailor Blue Rose

Good to know.

I saw your etsy again and you have new items from the last time I saw it. I like the aprons and its really becoming very popular. A girl came to our convention table and asked about fabric and I told her where to go. Now I see that same girl making aprons/cosplay and she is doing very very well with it. She charges $65.00 and I've seen her do totoro, pekachu with tulle, and other main cosplay. Yours are very nice as well.  

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 am
spoofete
Sailor Blue Rose
spoofete
Sailor Blue Rose

Good to know.

I saw your etsy again and you have new items from the last time I saw it. I like the aprons and its really becoming very popular. A girl came to our convention table and asked about fabric and I told her where to go. Now I see that same girl making aprons/cosplay and she is doing very very well with it. She charges $65.00 and I've seen her do totoro, pekachu with tulle, and other main cosplay. Yours are very nice as well.

You have the wrong user. I can make some clothing, but my etsy shop is necklaces.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:40 pm
Sailor Blue Rose
aufdeutsch

As long as you have a facebook account, you can run one. People don't have to be friends with your account to see your page, which is the nice thing about it. You can run that as your business and not have to become "friends" with people you don't know or aren't comfortable sharing personal updates with. If you've been on Facebook, you can run a page. It's pretty much the same thing, just with stats and the ability to advertise. You can post pictures, actually have a link to your store within your page (ie all your products on Etsy will show up there), etc. I don't have one for my business (but for other things) but I have a friend who runs a very successful page/etsy store (she's on break right now though) if you want to look at it for some visual help: https://www.facebook.com/RaritysBoutique

spoofete
Sailor Blue Rose
spoofete
Sailor Blue Rose

Good to know.

I presume that's directed towards me! Thanks! whee I've been trying hard to sew new stuff when I can and try to make fun things that people want (besides things I think are awesome). We'll see how the holidays treat me though. Most of my things had a draw for Halloween vs Christmas, but who knows! Perhaps I'll be able to get some stuff up by Thanksgiving...but even then I'd only have 3 days to sew and photograph things after next weekend!

For not working, I'm keeping myself quite busy!  

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:49 pm
aufdeutsch
Sailor Blue Rose
aufdeutsch

As long as you have a facebook account, you can run one. People don't have to be friends with your account to see your page, which is the nice thing about it. You can run that as your business and not have to become "friends" with people you don't know or aren't comfortable sharing personal updates with. If you've been on Facebook, you can run a page. It's pretty much the same thing, just with stats and the ability to advertise. You can post pictures, actually have a link to your store within your page (ie all your products on Etsy will show up there), etc. I don't have one for my business (but for other things) but I have a friend who runs a very successful page/etsy store (she's on break right now though) if you want to look at it for some visual help: https://www.facebook.com/RaritysBoutique

spoofete
Sailor Blue Rose
spoofete
Sailor Blue Rose

Good to know.

I presume that's directed towards me! Thanks! whee I've been trying hard to sew new stuff when I can and try to make fun things that people want (besides things I think are awesome). We'll see how the holidays treat me though. Most of my things had a draw for Halloween vs Christmas, but who knows! Perhaps I'll be able to get some stuff up by Thanksgiving...but even then I'd only have 3 days to sew and photograph things after next weekend!

For not working, I'm keeping myself quite busy!

Yes, it was directed to you. I also want to mention that your store is more appealing and it gives the desire to buy with all the items you have. I found that out, the more I have the more is purchased.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:37 pm
Is it still okay to add your RL friends and place that you frequent? For example a place I frequent is my pole dancing/ fitness studio.

Is there away to change it to a business name and not a first name- last name? Is there a loop- hole?

Help! I need business!  

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:50 am
Sailor Blue Rose
Is it still okay to add your RL friends and place that you frequent? For example a place I frequent is my pole dancing/ fitness studio.

Is there away to change it to a business name and not a first name- last name? Is there a loop- hole?

Help! I need business!

If it's going to be your business account you can "cheat" and just put in your business name as the first/last name. If you're not going to have anyone non-friend/family on there, you can keep your own Facebook timeline as yours (and keep it private) and then from there make a Facebook Fan Page as your business that you can update from behind the scenes but all the posts will be as your business.

I do the same thing with my cosplay page. All updates are from verssen werks, but I'm the one typing. Thus, keeping people away from my personal fb timeline.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:15 am
aufdeutsch
Sailor Blue Rose

Help! I need business!

If it's going to be your business account you can "cheat" and just put in your business name as the first/last name. If you're not going to have anyone non-friend/family on there, you can keep your own Facebook timeline as yours (and keep it private) and then from there make a Facebook Fan Page as your business that you can update from behind the scenes but all the posts will be as your business.

I do the same thing with my cosplay page. All updates are from verssen werks, but I'm the one typing. Thus, keeping people away from my personal fb timeline.

The unfortunate thing is that my business name is 3 words.  

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:29 pm
Sailor Blue Rose
aufdeutsch
Sailor Blue Rose

Help! I need business!

You could always combine Blue Rose (to BlueRose) for the sake of spacing. It may not be as correct as it should be, but it'd at least be the right names. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:29 pm
aufdeutsch
[quote="Sailor Blue Rose][quote="aufdeutsch]If it's going to be your business account you can "cheat" and just put in your business name as the first/last name.

You could always combine Blue Rose (to BlueRose) for the sake of spacing. It may not be as correct as it should be, but it'd at least be the right names. smile

I've started one as Samantha Rose. It may be a bit confusing, but for right now it's a work and progress. The holiday will out me behind a little, but once I leave town in a week, I'll have some catch-up time.  

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:39 pm
Sailor Blue Rose
aufdeutsch
[quote="Sailor Blue Rose][quote="aufdeutsch]If it's going to be your business account you can "cheat" and just put in your business name as the first/last name.

I've started one as Samantha Rose. It may be a bit confusing, but for right now it's a work and progress. The holiday will out me behind a little, but once I leave town in a week, I'll have some catch-up time.

Good for you. smile If you need help, I'll help you where I can!  
~Etsy Showoffs~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff