Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:41 pm
Dear journal,

I have acquired you from the 99 cent store this morning. You are purple and gray with a fuzzy cover and I like you, journal. My pen has fuzzy things on it and lights. Osha is amused by the pen. He's a silly little Pokemon. You have a twin, a blue and gray one, that belongs to 'Briel. He wanted them very much and I bought him a matching pen, too. I like to make 'Briel smile, it makes me happy. Snuggles make him happy, too. I give him lots of those. Osha likes them, too. Cute. I love them very much.

Sybelle is a Cubone and has always been a Cubone. Then, I woke up in an alleyway with no clothes and a human body. Being naked was kind of scary. People kept staring at me. I didn't like the cold, either. I made my clothes out of tree bark and dried grass when I got tried of running around without any clothing. People stopped staring and ladies stopped asking me to put my shirt back on when I didn't have a shirt to begin with. I liked that. I went back to wandering, which was fun. Nights were cold and lonely, though. They reminded me of something... Something not so long ago. Carrying fuzzy baby Zorua, twin Zoroarks, funeral for Ninetales, baby Pokemon stolen from parents, Sybelle running from angry fire Pokemon... Forest was dark and cold that night. Where is baby Zorua? Did I lose him? Sybelle is a bad babysitter... Or was I? Why did I carry him away from home...?

Burned mother Zoroark. Dead mother Ninetales. Fire. Lots of fire. Sybelle was still a Cubone. But I carried baby Zorua as a human, I remember. The star was there. We all woke different. All Zoroarks were gone, Young Ninetales ran away with baby Vulpix, Shiny Vulpix ran away with Shiny Ninetales... Baby Zorua woke up alone, but still a Pokemon. He was too afraid of the fire and ran away... Poor little one. Sybelle took him away from the scary place... Soft and warm, he was... But what happened to Sybelle? Sickness? Sleep? Too much time gone by. Can't remember...

Pizza time now. I must be going. Be in touch soon.

All the best.

Sybelle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:36 pm
Sybelle Uses Mud Sport!
(Ground Type Move: The user covers itself with mud. It weakens Electric-type moves while the user is in the battle.)

It was raining very heavily in the city and Sybelle had been unlucky enough to get caught in an area without proper shelter. Swiftly, she dashed through the streets, carrying the paper bag of food she had just purchased for her and her "family." Her skirt was soaked, her hair was coming undone, and the young Cubone had just about had her fill of the weather. Then, a flash of lightning scared her right out of her skin, and instincts took over.

Without another thought she ran into a wooded area and began searching for a place to hide. It was too dangerous to run in the open, and even more dangerous to hide under a tree, and dinner was getting cold! What would she do? What could she do? She paused and leaned herself up against a tree, noticing a pool of mud nearby. At last, a simple memory caught her attention, she could use the mud to counter electricity! The tactic was used by many other Pokemon when she was younger, why couldn't she use it now? She dove into the mud, making sure to cover herself completely, and took off towards home.

"S-Sybelle..." Gabriel stammered, gawking at her mud covered appearance once she got home. "Were you attacked?!"

"No." Sybelle replied, handing him a plate of garlic knots. "Just protection from electric shock. I will clean in the river later."

"But the storm's not gonna be over until tomorrow night..." Osha piped, already chewing on the crust of his pizza.

Sybelle grimaced. Curse that storm! Now she would have to be covered in mud for the next twenty four hours!

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:14 pm
Dear Journal,

Hello again. I have more things to write about. Not much changes outside, I am still a child. But, changes happen on the inside. It is a funny thing. My heart pounds and my cheeks flush red like roses. Is this what others call "love?"

I speak out of context. Gabriel is the source of this change. He is different than the others I have seen. I don't want to call him my brother, I feel he can be far more. More. Yes. I want him to be more. It is a funny thing. This heart, this brain of mine! His face makes me feel silly! No other has ever made such a fuss of me!

How does one go about this? Do you simply divulge this? What of the consequences? ...What are the consequences...? I am confused. This is very strange. So sudden and so very strange. How can this be? He makes me spin! Spin! Does he feel this, too? Does he? I wonder. I wonder if I should say... No! I wonder in silence! All will be made clear in due time, yes? ...Yes?

I must rest. It is too much for me. Oh, how strange!

All the best.

Sybelle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:36 pm
More Than Friends...?

Sybelle wasn't certain why she was feeling so strange. Her face was hot, her mind was clouded, and she couldn't help but giggle in an awkward manner. She was facing a smiling Gabriel, who was happily liking an ice cream cone that she had bought for him, and all she could deduce was that he looked cute when he smiled. It was a very odd, yet pleasant feeling. The world was brighter with him at her side, even if she didn't understand why. He was cute and that was all she understood.

While they walked, Gabriel noticed that Sybelle was acting a little bit off. She wasn't actively trying to comb his hair or questioning him about the signs on the street corners. He paused in his walking and looked her in the eyes, something he never usually did. A light blush crossed her face and his cheeks soon followed suit. They looked away from each other as if in sync, and chose to look at the ground, shuffling their feet.

They continued towards the park where there was an empty bench for them to sit on. Sybelle watched as Gabriel finished his ice cream and scooted close to her side. A red flush flashed upon her face as his head leaned on her shoulder. This was something he had always done in the alleyways, ever since the day they met, but the feeling was different while they were out in the park. People passed by and commented, and she could have sworn they were tying them together as a couple.

Gabriel was content with his head on her shoulder. He liked to be close to people, especially someone he cared for. Sybelle was absolutely one of the top people he wants to snuggle up to, perhaps the only one. She felt warm, safe and made him have butterflies in his stomach. However, he felt her shoulder tense up as they sat there and he peered up at her, blushing at how nervous she looked. He sat up, but didn't move from his spot, and tried to think of words to break the awkward silence.

"More than friends...?" Sybelle inquired, tearing through the silence for him.

"What?" Gabriel replied.

"You, me, more than friends...?" Sybelle repeated, rubbing the back of her head nervously.

Gabriel squeaked. Was Sybelle asking him out? He wanted to be the one to do that! His plans were ruined! ... Or were they? Red eyes gazed over to Sybelle, who stared patiently at him, and he decided that he hadn't messed things up quite yet. He leaned in and placed a quick kiss on her cheek, blushing furiously.
"Yes, we can be more than friends..." He said. "If you want to..."

Sybelle practically jumped out of her skin with excitement. He agreed, he agreed! And he kissed her on the cheek! She raised her hand to gently touch the cheek he had kissed and smiled pleasantly. Speechlessly, she leaned over and kissed Gabriel's cheek, nodding happily afterward.
"I would love to, 'Briel." She replied. "Being more than friends would be wonderful."

The pair walked back to the alleyways hand in hand. Neither really understood their feelings just yet, but both were elated that their feelings were shared by the other. They were two homeless children that only knew the importance of loving one another, and if that's enough to bring two hearts together, then the basis for a lasting relationship had already been set.

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:59 pm
A Dream Deterred For A Joyous Reunion

Damien rose early the next day and set out to do exactly what he had planned to do the night before. He wanted to buy Alabaster an engagement ring. He hated to lie to his lover about where he was going, but he figured that if he got him a ring more than fit for his beauty, that he wouldn't mind. He packed himself a sandwich, a bottle of soda, and grabbed his wallet. Before he left the property he checked how much he had saved up and swallowed hard. Would he have enough?

The sights and sounds of the city were just as exciting to him as they were when he was a Pokemon. He hustled himself away from the hot dog stands so he wouldn't be tempted to buy himself a snack. He needed all the money he had on him for his future with Alabaster, not for his favorite food. With his mind focused on the task at hand, he searched for the jewelry store he had seen during his last trip into the city. It was a small, privately owned store that had many pretty things to look at, but he couldn't remember what it was called.

----------------------------------

It was hours before Damien decided to take a rest. He had gotten lost for the first time in his life, and was beginning to feel disheartened. The shop he wanted to go to seemed to be nowhere in sight! Had he just imagined it being there? This was insane! How could he have forgotten where it was?! He held his head in his hands, shaking it from side to side. What was he going to do now? He had traveled all the way out into the middle of central park and couldn't find what he was looking for!

Suddenly, there was a tap upon his shoulder. His eyes snapped upwards to look at who had tapped him, but instead of seeing a person, there was a sticky note stuck to his shoulder. Perplexed, he plucked the note from where it lay and began to read.

"You look lost."

"Uh..." Damien stammered, flabbergasted by what he had read. "Yes... I am..."

There was another tap on his shoulder, and another sticky note lay upon his shoulder. He peeled it off his shoulder, glancing around, and read.

"Okay. Where do you want to go? Sybelle can give you directions."

Now Damien was scared. Who was this person?! Things were getting weird! He jumped to his feet and began to look around suspiciously. Once again, a tap on his shoulder. He whirled around and breathed a sigh of relief, there was person standing there this time! He surveyed the girl, who had a long french braid and a fierce look in her eyes, and smiled.

"Uh, hey." He said. "Were you the one with the sticky notes?"

"Yes, I was." She replied, smiling back at him. "I am Sybelle. You are lost. Can I help you find your way?"

"If you wouldn't mind that, I would be forever grateful!" Damien exclaimed. "I need to find a jewelry store, but I can't remember it's name! I know it's by a pizza place..."

Sybelle blinked and raised her bone knife to her lips, pondering a moment. Then, she smiled up at him again.
"It is this way, follow." She stated. She grabbed his wrist and gently tugged him along.

Though he thought she was a little odd, Damien appreciated Sybelle's help. As she lead him towards his destination he felt a little strange, like he was experiencing Deja Vu. This girl felt very familiar, her scent even more so, but he couldn't be certain of where he had seen her before. They arrived at the jewelry store without a hitch and Damien thanked her exuberantly. However, as she turned to leave, he remembered a scene from his past. This girl was a Cubone! Was she the one who brought him to the city as a Pokemon?!

"Wait! I have to ask you something!" He cried.

"What else do you need, sir?" Sybelle questioned, tilting her head to the side.

"Uh... Uh..." Damien stuttered. He wasn't entirely sure how to go about asking her, in fact, he was terrified, but he had to know! "When I was a Pokemon, I was taken to the city by a Cubone! I don't remember why or what happened, but I was carried away by a Poke human that was a Cubone! Was that you...?"

Sybelle paused, her eyes growing wide and teary. All her memories flooded back to her. The man she had just helped was the same baby Zorua she had saved so long ago! Instantly she clung to him, grinning and crying.
"Baby Zorua! You are alright! I did not fail! I did not fail!" She cried, snuggling against him. "I thought you were stolen! But you are here! I am happy! I did not fail the Zoroarks! I did good!"

Damien's eyes flooded with tears and the pair sat down on the sidewalk. He began to remember bits and pieces of what had happened while Sybelle explained what she could remember, and everything began to make sense. He wasn't abandoned, his father had trusted him to the care of capable Pokemon! There had been an attack and bright flash of light that spooked him away from the group, and he was taken away to safety by Sybelle. The reunion was a tearful, joyful experience for them both.

----------------------------------

"Where do you live, Sybelle?" He asked, once they had calmed down.

"I live in the alleys with my best friends." She replied.

Damien's eyes went wide and he shook his head. She was only a child, she couldn't live out on the streets, no matter how resourceful she was!
"I live in a big house by Opal Lake with my little family," He said. "And I would like you and your friends to come live with us. It isn't safe out here, I know that for a fact."

Sybelle's eyes brimmed with tears again. She couldn't find the words to reply to Damien's offer, so she lunged into his arms and nodded furiously.
"'Briel and Osha will be happy!" She exclaimed. "We have no home. Now we will!"

They went back to the alleyways to pick up Osha and Gabriel, who were just as ecstatic to finally have a home to call their own. Damien was more than pleased to take them out for dinner and buy them some new clothes, even if he had saved that money for Alabaster's ring. He knew he could always make more money, but it would take a while. At least, now, he knew where the store was.

(Does not count for reqs; Here for plot purposes)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:52 pm
Response To Teen Growth

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:53 pm
Too Old, Too Young

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:54 pm
Girls Night...?

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat