Submit

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:25 pm
I'm on the west coast, so I am safe from her, how about everyone else, everyone accounted for? (pets and humanoids)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:10 am
im fine. amazingly i didnt even lose power which i think is the first time that happened. almost had a huge branch fall right next to my house, if it landed on the house it would have done some damage but it seemed we really lucked out. and my outside trashcan tried to run off but other than that and a mess of leaves and branches in the yard and on the roof it wasnt bad at all in my area.

i hope the northerners made it out ok  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:41 am
I am also fine. We also somehow managed to keep power. All we got here was rain and some occasional high gusts of wind. I too hope those that were along the coast line are ok..  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:04 pm
here is the branch. now i have to chop this thing up and drag it to the curb. my yard is a mess right now. this thing made a very huge thud when it landed and terrified me for a moment because i thought something hit the house or shed

User Image  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:59 pm
I'm pretty far out of her reach, but we were suppose to get high winds and rain all the same. Well it was pretty windy yesterday. I could barely open my car door at times lol. But it barely rained, no one lost power it's actually been pretty nice out this week lol. rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:53 pm
glad to hear reports of fine! I hope that when everyone gets power back, there will be more good reports, or no reports!  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:08 am
Cowgirl-with-heart
glad to hear reports of fine! I hope that when everyone gets power back, there will be more good reports, or no reports!

there is one user in the pets forum ima bit worried about because he lived right around where the thing touched land. i havent seen him post yet so his power might just be out  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:43 am
Shanna66
Cowgirl-with-heart

there is one user in the pets forum ima bit worried about because he lived right around where the thing touched land. i havent seen him post yet so his power might just be out
yea, there are many still without power, so far the death toll is I think like 86, so that so far isnt *too* bad, its still very sad, but far better than many natural disasters.  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:24 am
Cowgirl-with-heart
Shanna66
Cowgirl-with-heart

yea, there are many still without power, so far the death toll is I think like 86, so that so far isnt *too* bad, its still very sad, but far better than many natural disasters.

yeah thats a pretty good number for a hurricane, i think usually they kill more people. 86 along the entire east coast is pretty low. still very sad though. i went to visit my mother's grave yesterday and they were putting someone in the ground so i assume they died during the storm.

amazingly though the graveyard wasnt a huge mess. my mother's flowers only blew a couple feet away  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:46 pm
Shanna66
Cowgirl-with-heart
Shanna66
Cowgirl-with-heart

yeah thats a pretty good number for a hurricane, i think usually they kill more people. 86 along the entire east coast is pretty low. still very sad though. i went to visit my mother's grave yesterday and they were putting someone in the ground so i assume they died during the storm.

amazingly though the graveyard wasnt a huge mess. my mother's flowers only blew a couple feet away
thats good, I read somewhere that flooding was causing many peoples coffins to float up outta the ground DX  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:19 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
Shanna66
Cowgirl-with-heart
Shanna66
Cowgirl-with-heart

thats good, I read somewhere that flooding was causing many peoples coffins to float up outta the ground DX

i cant imagine how horrible that must be  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:11 am
Cowgirl-with-heart
Shanna66
Cowgirl-with-heart
Shanna66
Cowgirl-with-heart

In Macinaw island, that had to import dirt and huge rocks from the mainland, cause there was only six inches of sand before solid slate. They had a really bad problem with floating coffins..  

Azusanga

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:04 pm
We live in the mid-atlantic and got like 6 inches of rain plus wind. Some flooding and downed trees in areas, and our lights flickered a couple times when the wind got bad, but we weathered it really well. Our family made a couple shelters for the feral cats outside to wait out the storm - of course, a lot of them ignored it and stayed under our shrubberies instead (truly feral cats, huh?), but the one mother that has two young kittens kept them under the big shelter. Our horse just stayed in for a few days (though the bridge into the town where he's boarded was closed for flooding until Thursday). Everyone made it through alive. I feel terrible for everyone in NJ and NY. They had it much worse than us.

I'm glad to hear everyone here so far is okay.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:59 pm
Thankfully we live far enough away that we weren't affected too much. Just got a little rain and a cold front. Though, the huskies were glad for the cool air! heart  

ArtemisPhoenix94

7,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Heckler 50
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items