Submit

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:22 am
Not that Nanaki is having any trouble but I'm curious as to what you all feed your dogs as well as some suggestions to brands that would be good for mine.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:34 am
Well Cowboy gets Acana or Orijen. I've been working in the pet food industry for a while now and, it's one of very few companies I trust. Ingredient wise I think they are the best. I like the light and fit for Cowboy in winter ( one of few foods who cut out fat without just adding carbs) and the Senior Orijen when his weight is okay. But we struggle with his weight a lot over the past 2yrs cause his arthritis makes exercise a challenge.

To recommend food, it really depends on your individual dog and needs. But some brands that I like are

Acana/Orijen
Go and Now (another canadian food owned by petcurean)
FROMM
Wellness

There is a large list but those are my top 4, probably in that order.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

~ Aki - Fairy ~

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:46 am
My pooch gets Acana - I've even succeeded in getting my mum and brother/sil to feed their dogs Acana. She generally gets the Provincials and Limited Ingredients lines.

We're going to try out Go! for a change of pace soon.
I have plans to try Wellness (CORE) in a few months or so as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:32 am
I feed my dog Orijen. Orijen is the best brand and amoung the few I trust. They have gotten the best pet food of the year award the last at least three years. biggrin

My parents feed their dogs Blue Buffalo (The older two, their freedom line, and with their youngest (7 weeks old) a puppy line). They love it and they are doing very well on it.

I have also used Wellness Core and had great results with it too.

My parents have used Taste of the Wild and also had great results.

These four brands are the ones that I would definitely recommend. The order I would recommend them in is:

Orijen, Wellness Core, Blue Buffalo, Taste of the Wild.  

CrissAngelLover12345

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:54 pm
Awesome!! Thank you everyone!!

Oriijen seems to be the common factor so I may look into it.

Are there any differences I should note aside from portion size for my Pom?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:26 pm
they should have feeding instructions on the back of the bag.

i feel wellness core to stowrm  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Whiskey On A Sunday

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:21 am
I can't recommend Taste of the Wild enough. I love it and so do my Aussies.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:29 am
I feed raw now, but my favorite kibbles were Fromm (<3 that company) and Taste of the Wild.  

Ailinea

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:03 am
My dog did phenomenal on TOW (Taste of the Wild). It was a little bit of a slow process getting her onto it, but the 3 weeks she was on it I saw an improvement. Her stools were better, her coat was nicer and not as oily, and her overall attitude seemed to be doing a bit better.

I mostly deal with cat food now lol there's a generic version from the nearby tractor store, which sells only holistic/organic foods (except for some Friskies). It's about $16 for a 10 lb bag, and it's a really nice food. Both of the cats love the taste and do excellent on it. We mix all stages and indoor formula, mostly because Piper is still at that weird in-between stage, and Annabelle does best on an indoor formula. Chicken and Turkey. I do so love the stores around here. The local pet store that I frequent was having a big sale, all of the holistics were half off. That included Orijen and Acana and Fromm and all the wonderful brands. We got a little baggy of Orijen for the kitties to nibble on. We loaded up on wet food. 3 different brands: Halo, Chicken Soup, and B.G..... 8 cans for $7.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games