Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Oh no, my poor Bentely!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akari_32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:53 am
I knew it was a problem as soon as it happened, but i went to move Bentleys bed into the living room (he's only got one at the moment and goes from his cage to the living room as needed) and the little nut crawled up in there as I picked it up. He does it all the time, but the way he was perched up there, with his little butt hanging over the edge, made me tweak out.

So, I got all the way to where his bed goes in the living room, and he turns around and jumps out! No doubt because he didnt want to fall. Poor dude misjudged his landing, and lands with one leg under him, and on his face!!! He stared screaming, and I scooped him up real quick and held him till he stopped. When he was quiet, I checked him over for any breaks (I swear I heard a crack, but perhaps it was just my brain adding it in because of his crash landing), and he didn't cry and I didn't feel anything out the ordinary (he has awkward jack russell legs), and checked his face and head for anything.

I set him down and he walked alright (a little stiff, which is understandable), and was playing with his toys after a few minutes. I called him over, checked him over again, and gave him a little puppy masage for a few minutes. Now he's doing all his normal puppy stuff, but he's a little reserved. I'm sure he still hurts some, though, and i know if I just fell on my face, that would ruin my mood real quick. He was a little reluctant to go down the step to go out side just now, but he likes it out there, so he went any way. We went back up it though, no problem, and he's eating and drinking, and coming when I call him.

Breaks aren't a problem, but what if he's got a concision or something? What should I watch for with that? I feel so bad. He gets in his bed all the time when we move it. Poor guy. Bet he won't do it ever again. No puppy naps for him for a couple hours...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:12 am
How's he doing today?

I remember when Nanaki was a little poofball at 8 weeks and he hopped right off the couch which is only about a foot and a half high or so and he just started screaming. He never actually limped or anything, I think it scared him more than anything.

It's scariest when pets fall because a kid falls and he can pretty much tell you what hurts. With pets you just gotta hope you know your pet well enough.  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Akari_32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:22 am
Kithy Kitty
How's he doing today?

I remember when Nanaki was a little poofball at 8 weeks and he hopped right off the couch which is only about a foot and a half high or so and he just started screaming. He never actually limped or anything, I think it scared him more than anything.

It's scariest when pets fall because a kid falls and he can pretty much tell you what hurts. With pets you just gotta hope you know your pet well enough.

Eh, he's fine. I think it just ruined his day, and he sulked the rest of the day. I watched for any swelling or limping or anything and nothing ever happened. Little turd... We're taking him to the vet one of these days to get his 2nd set of shots and a physical, so if anything actually is wrong, he'll catch it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 am
Akari_32
Kithy Kitty
How's he doing today?

Eh, he's fine. I think it just ruined his day, and he sulked the rest of the day. I watched for any swelling or limping or anything and nothing ever happened. Little turd... We're taking him to the vet one of these days to get his 2nd set of shots and a physical, so if anything actually is wrong, he'll catch it.
Bwahaha. Love dogs. It hurt his little pride, poor guy!  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items