Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[EVENT] Something Dark in the Woods Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:15 pm
Mura gave him a smile. "Thank you for sticking with me. I will try to avoid being a nuisance." She said with a laugh. She was thankful to have someone with her.

When she heard about talk about the group splitting up she frowned. That was something she did not want to happen. She felt that they would be much stronger in a large group then separated. The monster already showed how strong it was. She did not want to see that happen to anyone here. She would rather go somewhere else, other than to where the leopards were last seen then have the group split.

She was thankful when the argument for keeping the group intact was brought up. She continued to listen to what others said. Hopefully they would come up with a compromise, that way everyone would be happy.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:16 pm
Shari didn't like the idea of splitting the group even if she usually was a solitary creature. The numbers would be useful should whatever this creature is be really big and really powerful. She did however agree with An. If they had to go to the site first then it would be best if those with experience tracking saw it first to keep the inexperienced from treading on something that could be crucial. Of course that left her out for the most part. Her profession as a borrower was more of a thiefs profession than a trackers but she could handle that. It was doubtful that the creature would return to the scene after all.  

Izzy Makani

Interesting Explorer

7,325 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:22 pm
For most part, Moto'spaki had been silent. He wasn't used to mingling with so many, well... random people. The friendly, chattiness of it all was just rather foreign and uninteresting to him! But he kept his composure without any effort, and listened with interest to the information about this monster. Still, as he listened on he figured he'd probably best start acting with all these strangers as a team, otherwise they wouldn't get anything done.

Finally he broke his silence to give his opinion. "I say we go to the scene of the attack, and look for clues there." He wasn't so sure how easily they could find the leopards, and besides, it would be nice to see some things for themselves and not just go on hearsay. Spaki thought it'd be a good idea to see the scene of the attack then move on to find the bodies.

--

Though she wasn't yet very fond of shape shifting, for the sake of not calling too much attention to herself, Kimaji had gotten rid of her wings for the time being. She looked like any normal cub would, really, if normal cubs often wandered around alone.

Despite clearly being on her own, the little cub didn't seem quite shy about it, and looked perfectly at ease walking about with all the grownups. She was fascinated, really! Curious by nature, the young goddess couldn't pass up the chance for this exciting experience, and would be happy to tag along. "I think we should go see the leopards!" She piped up, mostly just because she wanted to give her opinion on something. She was eager to find out whatever she could about this whole situation, so really, any of the options appealed to her.

Well... admittedly, though Kimaji didn't tend to discriminate on what she tried to learn, perhaps sniffing rotting corpses were her least favorite out of the choices.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:25 pm
Znaruto

[[ I'm going to ask that you use a mortal form please! <3 Otherwise its too much for one RP. ]]  

Mimsey

Bugghnrahk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:32 pm
“Strength in numbers, as they say,” said Tahir, raising his voice so that more than just Mura and the jackal could hear. No matter what decision the group made, Tahir did not want to be left on his own. The… well, murderer was a more acceptable word, wasn’t it? The murderer had already proved itself capable of taking on multiple enemies of great strength. Even if it was just a troupe of baboons, those monkeys were dexterous and had vicious fangs. The more lions he had around him, the better. Tahir would have to start making his way nearer to the center of the pack to better protect his flanks. In fact…

“Perhaps we should get closer to the front, Mura. So we might better hear the coordinators of this… expedition.” He didn’t want to call it a ‘hunting party.’ He started forward at a lope, carefully weaving his way between lions.

Tahir let out a sharp bark at the mention of those with superior tracking skills.

”I have a fine nose. If there is a scent trail, I’m certain I could follow it.” But only if he had a guard of larger lions to keep himself as well. This, he kept to himself. If nothing else he could pretend there was no scent, or it led to a dead end. No face lost. If it was a troupe of baboons, they may end up taking took rookeries or trees to help disguise their scent anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:38 pm
"I'm no tracker," Margulis admitted, "But I know how to collect and interpret evidence, I could stay alongside those with better vision than I and keep track of their findings. And I might catch a scent or sound that another misses." She wasn't sure if that was true given the mix of species represented in the group, but she hoped she would be of some use.

It seemed much of the group disagreed with her, but that was alright. No matter where they went first they were sure to learn something, they simply had to be open to the possibility that what they were looking for might not be what was represented in their minds' eye. She knew it wouldn't be what was in hers. Since she had been sick her thoughts had taken on a dark turn and the more she learned about this supposed monster the more she could think only of a dank foul beast, its mouth dripping with life threatening pathogens. Infection frightened her more than the thought of a quick death. "

Dulcea

Znaruto

Dapper Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:41 pm
Mimsey
Znaruto

[[ I'm going to ask that you use a mortal form please! <3 Otherwise its too much for one RP. ]]

((Oh I'm so sorry Let me delete the post and make a new one. Is that okay?))  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm
"I agree Lani, we should find the leopards," said Ndege. "There is a chance they know something of the monster, or the terrain. I do not think we will be able to find them if they do not wish to be found, however - with a group this large, they will see us coming long before we see them."

"We should stay together," Bluu snapped. "We are numerous, but not all gathered here are fighters. Whatever is in the woods, it has already shown it is capable of killing large groups - let's not take any chances." She did not offer an opinion on where the group should go, preferring to leave the matter to more experienced fighters and trackers. She had survived for as long as she had by listening to what others had to say, after all.  

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:46 pm
"Ah! Good idea Tahir she said with a nod. She did want to hear better instead of straining to hear what they were saying. Carefully she made her way past other lions, keeping close to Tahir. She would apologized whenever she bumped into anyone. When she reached the front, she felt that she would be able to hear much better, and really participate.

She wished that she had a skill she could offer up to help find the monster. She hoped her claws would be enough. "I think that we should stick together as well. If we need to, maybe we can go to one of the other places after we finish investigating at the first place?" She offered as a suggestion, hoping she made sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:54 pm
Sandor scowled. On his ruined face it was a horrific expression and he knew it. He turned this scowl toward Bluu and muttered without making an effort to be heard, "If they're not fighters, what in the bloody hells are they doing here? Volunteering as bait?"

He laughed at the thought. Maybe they should send some of the useless ones out as bait to see if the killer could be convinced to come get them. Sure, they'd probably die in the process, but that happened. Balance would be preserved, ultimately. Yeah. He was a pretty shitty Jedi, all things considered, but he'd passed the trials and everything. He was a full Jedi knight. The fact still amazed him from time to time.

If no one heard him, he'd be fine with that. He wasn't here to start fights. He was here to catch a killer and collect a reward if there was one to be had. He'd have to ask about that sometime soon.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 pm
Amali stuck close to his sister through everything, daring to smile when she suggested he might find himself in this adventure and staying out of the conversations until it came time to discuss where they headed next. He listened as someone suggested each option, insisting each was the only way to learn something.. but one voice stood out, Moto'siede's. Suddenly he thought of a question he ought to have asked: was there a particular area the attacks centered around. Surely if there was a pattern, someone would have noticed, though. Either way, those locations didn't necessarily have much value.. but someone who was familiar with the area was definitely useful.

"I vote we find the leopards," he said, raising his voice to offer only that and nothing else- as long as someone heard leopards they would know his vote, any rationalization would be lost in the murmur of the crowd, he was sure.

Was there a cub's voice he heard suggesting the leopards? He looked around, trying to locate the source but not able to find Kimaji from where he stood. He glanced to Endesha.

"Did you hear a cub?"

Kimaria

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:25 pm
Bluu turned to Sandor and smiled, not the least bit intimidated by the big lion. "Volunteering as bait, trackers, healers... Come now, who would turn down the call to rid the savanna of such a fearsome threat? There's a grand monster hunt to be had. Surely you don't think we came willy-nilly because a prize was offered?" Her smile turned faintly mocking, fully aware that some within the group had come for just that reason. After all, she herself had not come to hunt a monster: she had come to gather information. The prize was tempting as well, but Bluu had enough self-awareness to know that there was no chance of her striking the killing blow.  

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Bugghnrahk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:12 am
Tahir breathed a sigh of relief as Mura followed behind him. His tail, trying hard not to tuck against his flanks, wagged just the smallest bit. Thank heavens. But of course it was a good idea. Tahir was full of those. But not much else. He was a scrawny canine, skinny even for his species, without much muscle at all. Many of his teeth were chipped or cracked and his claws were overgrown, and because of this, weak and prone to damage. He was all legs, stilt-like and gawky. Not built for fighting in the least.

So when he heard the tawny lion, Sandor, mention bait, he balked. Tahir swallowed hard and squeezed his eyes shut, attempting to collect his thoughts. The would-be leaders of this group had mentioned a need to avoid excessive violence, surely they wouldn’t send anyone out as a scapegoat, would they? But if they did… a non-lion like himself was sure to be picked.

He backed up against Mura in attempt to comfort himself. They were strangers, though. How likely was she to protect him against other lions? No, he was truly alone here.

Alas, one’s brain was going to have to save the day again.

“Surely those without brawn still have assets to your cause? A dog’s nose is better than a lions, and a good set of ears,” he nearly sneered the word,” Is invaluable on a hunt for some mysterious creature, isn’t it?” Only an attempt to save face… and his own hide from becoming bait. Tahir, too, did not want to start conflict in this rabble.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:18 am
User Image

In the darkness and shadow of the tree canopy above, a pair of bright turquoise eyes watched the large group with great amusement. The eyes danced over each individual form, taking note of every single one of them. There were creatures of varying species and ages, all grouped together, heading in the same direction. How curious it was, to see dogs and cats working together in such a way, as if they were friends. The mysterious figure had an inkling to what they were doing, but in order to find out more, he had no choice but to reveal himself.

Stealthily, he made his way down from the tree tops. Hopping from branch to branch, he was careful to land gently, so as not to disturb the leaves too much. With some careful maneuvering, the dark creature was able to place himself ahead of the group, on a thick branch not too far above them. He sprawled out across the branch, allowing his unusually long tail to drape over the edge. A large grin crept across his face as he peered down at them, eyes wide.

"Out for a pleasant stroll, are we?" The question wasn't directed at anyone in particular, as the dark grey leopard eyed the group as a whole. If they were here for the reason he had assumed they were here for, then perhaps he could help them. Or, perhaps not.

~Masamune~

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces