Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Etsy Showoffs~

Back to Guilds

A meeting place for Etsy sellers, and buyers to make connections. 

Tags: Etsy, crafts, online sellers, creative, shop 

Reply ~Etsy Showoffs~
Tales of Sewing Fail

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:17 am
I just finished a custom order for someone and was super excited about how great it turned out and how I felt pretty dang awesome (I've been sick all week so this was a needed boost).

Realized I sewed the patch on the wrong way. Can't mail it out, can't fix it. *headdesk* sweatdrop

So now I'm making the order again to hopefully still get it out today in the mail. Sigh. A winner is I. It all could've been avoided if I had just double checked how it was supposed to go. Oh well.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:25 pm
I'm sorry to hear that. What was the cosplay or piece? How did it get messed-up?  

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:54 pm
Sailor Blue Rose
I'm sorry to hear that. What was the cosplay or piece? How did it get messed-up?

It was a fleece hat with a TF2 class logo on it. I put the logo facing the wrong way (to the left instead of to the right) and didn't notice it until AFTER I had embroidered the patch on. Since it's a 3"x3" patch, there is no way I would take the time to seam rip it. Oh well. I'm selling it as is since it's still an awesome hat so hopefully someone will want it!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:20 pm
aufdeutsch
Sailor Blue Rose

It was a fleece hat with a TF2 class logo on it. I put the logo facing the wrong way (to the left instead of to the right) and didn't notice it until AFTER I had embroidered the patch on. Since it's a 3"x3" patch, there is no way I would take the time to seam rip it. Oh well. I'm selling it as is since it's still an awesome hat so hopefully someone will want it!

Oh yeah... that's a tough size. Someone will want it for sure because it-looks-cool.  

Sailor Blue Rose

Romantic Lunatic

Adoring_Lilly
Captain

Lonely Seeker

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:11 pm
aw that suck Im sorry stressed I hope that the work to fix it isn't too much

I did something similar I was making a rayquaza doll, and I had it all done and I had it all set up to take pictures, and when I did something look off about it. I compared it to the other pictures of the dolls I have made in the past, and It was missing its teeth and the small fin things on its face stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:05 pm
aufdeutsch
I just finished a custom order for someone and was super excited about how great it turned out and how I felt pretty dang awesome (I've been sick all week so this was a needed boost).

Realized I sewed the patch on the wrong way. Can't mail it out, can't fix it. *headdesk* sweatdrop

So now I'm making the order again to hopefully still get it out today in the mail. Sigh. A winner is I. It all could've been avoided if I had just double checked how it was supposed to go. Oh well.

I had my sewing nightmare too. I was sewing some Halloween costumes and the machine broke on Sunday night. Usually I worked through the entire night to get a lot of work done so I felt terrible the night went to waste. I waited until Monday morning/mid morning to go to buy a sewing machine. I totally lost that day too because I had to get acquainted with the machine and it took me alllll day long to figure out how to do a button hole. I looked in youtube and there was no one with the machine to show me how-to/ I finally got the handbook manual and looked at the parts and I saw one that I used to make the button hole. That was awefull time.  

spoofete

Sparkly Explorer

12,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:53 pm
spoofete

I had my sewing nightmare too. I was sewing some Halloween costumes and the machine broke on Sunday night. Usually I worked through the entire night to get a lot of work done so I felt terrible the night went to waste. I waited until Monday morning/mid morning to go to buy a sewing machine. I totally lost that day too because I had to get acquainted with the machine and it took me alllll day long to figure out how to do a button hole. I looked in youtube and there was no one with the machine to show me how-to/ I finally got the handbook manual and looked at the parts and I saw one that I used to make the button hole. That was awefull time.

Aw man, that's hard. Something similar to that happened to me last year. I had bought a nice used Pfaff from a dealer in town and was working on getting the hang of it while sewing costumes for a con I was going to. It ended up seizing up on me, twice. The 2nd time I couldn't even unseize it (and I had material stuck in the machine) so I had to take it back and get a completely different machine. I cried a bit. Thankfully, I've had no problems with my current machine since. But when you have a deadline approaching and you're stuck without a working machine...there isn't much you can do.  
~Etsy Showoffs~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games