Amelia update :)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akari_32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:29 am
Just thought you guys would like to know how my little baby is doing smile

I'm trying to handle her more often and sit by her tank when she's out. I'm usually watching tv when she comes out at night, so I will scoot over to the other side of the couch and sit in front of her tank and watch her. Some times she'll stare me down, like "what is your problem? Go away!" and other times she'll look at for a second and aknowlwdge me, and carry on with what she was doing.

I've been feeding her by placing her works on the ground in front of her almost nightly, other wise I'm so tired I just put them in her dish and then have to go to bed. She eats like a pig, and often times will launch some of the worms out of her dish and I'll find them in her water bowl the next morning LOL She gets so excited to eat and has no aim in her attacks whee

For handling, I've decided to go with a different aproach than I have been, which was to just go in there and go for it. It was making her scared of me, and I want to be able to handle her when I need to, like when I clean her tank, or even just for fun. I had thought the breeder handled her more often, but I can see now they really didn't. So, the first time I decided this, I quietly took everything out of her tank, and placed my hand in the middle of the back wall so that she had to walk past me to move around, but wouldn't feel cornered. Then, as she got more comfortable with me, I moved my hand to her favorite corner, which she quickly got curious about, and crawled up and sat on my hand smile Not wanting to break this bit of trust I had started, and because I needed her out of there to change the paper towels, I placed a Kritter Keeper in the tank on its side and waited for her to crawl in before gently tipping it up and removing it. She wasnt too happy about being cooped up, but she delt with it lol

Then, last night, I set my hand to the side of her, so she could get away if she wanted, and she checked me out, started inching forward, and eventually crawled up on my hand and got comfy :3nod I decided this was a good time to lift her up a bit, so I moved my hand up about an inch, so of she bolted, she wouldn't fall and hurt her self. She got a bit unsettled, but moved off my hand slowly enough that I had time to set it back down before she even took a second step. I tried again later but she just looked at me like "Yeah, right" XD

So over all, she's doing great, and I think she's grown a bit, too! Every one who comes over or sees her pics on Facebook just falls in love with her, and wants to kid nap her lol  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:11 pm
rofl rofl I love to look at her pics xD (when you tag nilla on FB) her and rex, sillies, I want to kidnap them both ninja but I am waiting for you to tame em down a bit first wink  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Akari_32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:10 am
Cowgirl-with-heart
rofl rofl I love to look at her pics xD (when you tag nilla on FB) her and rex, sillies, I want to kidnap them both ninja but I am waiting for you to tame em down a bit first wink

At least Rex i can handle when I need to! LOL after, or course, a few rounds around the tank, then I manage to pin him down and grab him. Once I've got him he's pretty good lol I don't get to see him much recently because of my schedule with work and school sad Literally no days off in like 3 or 4 weeks! Next week I only work 2 days though, so hopefully I can see him more smile He's been staying out a bit later in the day, too, which is good biggrin You saw the one with him hanging from the screen right? rofl

Last light I got Amelia on my hand again!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin She was a bit antisocial though, so after my hand struck her curiosity, she slunked back into her cave and glared at me LOL She came back out later and ate the crap out of her worms, so I just sat by her tank.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:40 am
Akari_32
Cowgirl-with-heart

At least Rex i can handle when I need to! LOL after, or course, a few rounds around the tank, then I manage to pin him down and grab him. Once I've got him he's pretty good lol I don't get to see him much recently because of my schedule with work and school sad Literally no days off in like 3 or 4 weeks! Next week I only work 2 days though, so hopefully I can see him more smile He's been staying out a bit later in the day, too, which is good biggrin You saw the one with him hanging from the screen right? rofl

Last light I got Amelia on my hand again!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin She was a bit antisocial though, so after my hand struck her curiosity, she slunked back into her cave and glared at me LOL She came back out later and ate the crap out of her worms, so I just sat by her tank.
eek no, I missed that one of rex, also, you should video tape her eating the worms xD  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Akari_32

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:09 pm
Rex is a nut XD I just got home from class, and he's got himself wedged up behind that rock again LOL Imma see if he can get himself out before do anything though. Little retards gotta learn what he can and can't do rolleyes (of course, as I was typing, he slinked out from back there and in to his cave lol)

I do need to! I got one on my phone, but I can't seem to get Facebook to function to upload it. I'm off work most of next week (which is nice, but I hope they don't do it to me the week after too!) so I'll have time to do one on my camera and make it pretty in iMovie and upload it to YouTube smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:00 pm
Here are a couple pics for you guys smile the first pic is from just now, the second from the other night, and the third from the day (or the day after. I dunno lol) I brought her home.

Staring me down for food lol

User Image

"Go away before I eat you -_-"

User Image

"Oh hai =D"

User Image

And yes, her dish *does* say "Spoiled" on it rofl  

Akari_32

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:26 pm
Eeek! She's still so cute. emotion_yatta It looks like her body shape is filling out more, judging by the most recent pictures, so she is growing up a bit. That's good that you're getting her to trust you early on, too.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:45 am
Lady Lagomorph
Eeek! She's still so cute. emotion_yatta It looks like her body shape is filling out more, judging by the most recent pictures, so she is growing up a bit. That's good that you're getting her to trust you early on, too.

She is absolutely ADORABLE! LOL I think she knows it too XD she definitely getting a little gut, isn't she? X3  

Akari_32

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:39 pm
Akari_32
Lady Lagomorph

She is absolutely ADORABLE! LOL I think she knows it too XD she definitely getting a little gut, isn't she? X3
Yep. ^-^ The females usually have wider ribcages, though, so that's a good thing. From what I know of my brother's leo, most of their extra fat is in their tail, so her filling out in her body's just a getting-older thing. She's looking good.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:37 pm
Just popping in to post another update smile Amelia has gotten utterly huge! She's got to have at least doubled in size. She's put on a couple inches, and has gotten fat fat fat! :3 She eats like a champ, and mom feeds her every chance she gets lol The other day mom ended up feeding her in the middle of the day because she was out prowling around for nomz. Handlings not going super well, but I am able to lift her out of her tank as needed, and after a bit of a game of cat and mouse in the 3/4 gallon Kritter Keeper, I can holder her firmly and move her back in to her tank. So I guess it's going ok, just not as well as I'd like. She knows the feeding time routine, and gets excited about it lol I'll take some new pics in a few days here and post 'em smile  

Akari_32

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:17 am
It sounds like she's doing very well!! Just keep at it and she'll get there.

She is just too precious though, that face! omigosh.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games