Submit

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:41 pm
Hah! So he was still up there in the tree, she wondered idly if he didn't realize she was just as comfortable in the tree's as he was. Chuckling she left the knife where it was and slowly and deliberately began to climb the tree.

"awww but here I wanted to give you a hug, and a kiss....or are you more into men?" She inquired throwing the taunt up at him as she slipped up the tree, trying to stay hidden from his sight as she moved.

Thinking she wondered what he would do when he realized she was coming for him. Would he strike out at her? Perhaps. After all he had landed a few blows when she had first initiated the fight. Some part of her felt the need to have him strike out, it made things more interesting.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:10 am
He wanted to ignore the verbal jabs, he really did, but he knew better than to close his mind off completely to his surroundings like that. Jerarda was dangerous, and as such, shouldn't be brushed aside and ignored. That was probably the last thing one would want to do, as it might only instigate further blind rage. Or... blind whatever it was that the violent alkidike felt, he wasn't quite positive what it was that drove her on. Was it a hatred of other races? Of shifters in general? Men? Heck, did she despise the color blue?

Enitan frowned after a moment, finding it odd that the alkidike wasn't trying to provoke him down with bodily harm or similar, instead defaulting to jokes. It seemed... off. As did the fact that her voice sounded closer than it could have been. Then again, it also sounded like it could have been coming from above him, so maybe he was just thinking too much while his mind was still on the fritz. The world was slowing its spin by now, at least, but that left realization for how much his shoulder actually hurt, and he found himself half-wishing that his vertigo would come back. Queasiness felt easier to deal with.

It was then that, with Jerarda's head tilted up toward him as she spoke, that Enitan realized that he could feel the edge of her breath on a dangling leg. She was still far enough away not to grab him, or so it looked, but it was enough to send shivers down his spine. He jolted completely upright and gathered himself up to scramble further down the branch. He remained lightly huddled in an effort to keep track of where his center of balance was in reference to his footing, hissing, "That's not what I meant when I said 'leave me alone'!" How capable was she off the ground like this? As the facts hit, Enitan started working on a relapse of panic.  

MoogerMint

Sparkly Pants

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:51 pm
"...Leave you alone...come after you...about the same thing really. Can't leave you alone, so I have to come after you." Came her voice in a rather non-chalant manner as she was slightly disappointed she hadn't been able to grab ahold of that ankle and give him a teasing yank. "I don't think you thought this through very well...cause as you can see," A pause as she gracefully lighted the tree branch with her feet, "I can climb very well...didn't you know that Alkidikes are just as happy in the trees...as well the ground?"

Jerarda inquired as she went to lean against the base of the tree, she had the shifter cornered after all, no sense rushing things...unless he was going to do something stupid like leap out of the tree she didn't have to worry about him running away.

"So you left your knife down there? What you think I needed it to beat you? Sorry I don't use weapons..so your out of luck there."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm
Enitan bristled on the edge of the branch as he watched the alkidike gracefully glide onto the surface of the branch. Already the situation was playing off of the notion of deja vu, with consideration thrown into assumption. There wasn't a way to win this in the shifter's case, not now, as he was sorely under-prepared for this. The blow came two-fold when it came to the realization that this was exactly the reason why he came out on this expedition in the first place: to protect his tribe members from the brunt of brutality courtesy of unknown alliance. The best he could do was shake her off, and even that was beginning to look bleak.

She was toying with him, it was obvious, but how was one to sever the puppet strings under such heavy opposition? He was scowling, but the edge of it was dulled in turmoil. Common sense seemed to be getting that way as well, and in an attempt to hold her back with conversation, decided to respond flippantly, "I was not completely unaware, but I don't exactly know a lot about your kind." She seemed less hasty for now, and he was apt to keep it that way for as long as he could. Maybe he could catch his breath this way.

Glancing downward, he spotted the knife's handle jutting out from the side of the trunk, just as Jerarda had indicated to to him and right where he had initially left it. He took a moment to glower at the thing, as though it had betrayed him in some highly foolish manner, but wasn't above admitting the mistake, "So I did..." Clearing his throat, he waved it off, "Well, good thing we have a bit more pride than that." Perhaps a lofty statement, but maybe there was a slim chance he could somehow get on her good side...  

MoogerMint

Sparkly Pants

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 pm
Jerarda tilted her head to the side a sneer on her face as she watched him and listened. It was easy enough to see that he felt really uncomfortable trapped out on a limb with no where else to go but down or ..to another tree which would of been a dangerous thing to try. Though leaping from tree limb to limb wasn't the hard part if you kept yourself moving forward.

"So...you didn't mean to leave the knife down there..interesting. Would you be trying to use it on me now? Are you a good shot?" She inquired sounding rather smug about the whole thing, for she didn't need a weapon to fight with. Jerarda had grown up learning to use her fists and feet for fighting.

"You know your at a rather large disadvantage being out on that limb. What would you do if...I came forward?" She inquired taking a step forward the limb starting to bow under both their weights. Jera only paused because she knew...if she joined him out there...it would most likely..break.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:26 pm
It was clear as day that Jerarda wasn't warming up to him at all, but Enitan supposed that was fine: he wasn't exactly doing a good job of convincing him to do the same, either. As the conversation continued, the back of the shifter's mind was attempting to calculate what his next move would be should she lunge at him suddenly. So far, he had been acting off of instinct, but that could be a dangerous hole to dig... it would only be so long before she got wise to the unexpected and that hiding spot became a grave. Perhaps if he could understand the alkidike's motives behind this unprecedented attack, he could come to a better conclusion. Was she really just a bully, terrorizing him for the bag? It seemed more like... she was just trying to have fun, in some sort of way only a warrior-minded individual could. That was not something Enitan could grasp quite so clearly, and struggled with the concept.

Shaking his head in response, his eyes stayed trained on the taller woman before him, "I considered it for a moment, but no, I wouldn't use it. That's not exactly what this game is all about, is it?" It was a game to her, and it only came through during vocalized rationalizing. He fidgeted a bit at the realization, having fun at the expense of another didn't feel right to him... especially considering the expense was him. He sighed and rose back to his feet slowly, brushing any worry he had been exhibiting by acting more casually.

Perhaps that was the point; what would happen if he was able to act more confidently? Would that exacerbate the situation, or would that gain her boredom? He supposed it was worth the shot; it wasn't as though he had anything else to lose, being cornered on all sides of opposition by her more seasoned skills. He crossed his arms and frowned at the alkidike when she threatened him, but he didn't move from his spot -- the branches seemed to be flexible enough to hold out, at least with this amount of pressure applied. "Oh come now, we both know that wouldn't be very fun. I'd take off, somehow," he offered. Maybe that was the point, maybe she liked the thrill of the hunt... what a disturbing thought. He remained on guard and wary, but putting up this front took a lot of effort to maintain.  

MoogerMint

Sparkly Pants

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:55 pm
Aye it was just a game to the alkidike, she hardly wanted to truely kill the fellow, even if she did think men were a weaker species she didn't want to kill him,shifter or not. Crossing her arms over her chest she looked him over before she laughed at his words, his sudden change of demeanor.

"Are all shifters like you? Jittery creatures...or maybe its just the males...after all we only have women in our society.." Ah the taunts were always a fun thing, but she wanted to chase him down...show him who was stronger...prove to him she was the strongest opponent he had ever faced.

"Why don't you come closer....I never got your name...it is rude to fight someone who's name I don't know." Jera was analyzing what her next step might be, should she try and take him down off this branch? Or fight him up here? So many choices it was hard to choose.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:23 pm
Okay, so it was probably fairly obvious that his confidence was a front at this stage, so late in the game, but at least it wasn't all false. Speaking in such a relaxed manner helped Enitan catch up with the situation, and as such become less blind-sided with the state of affairs. More subtle aspects were becoming more clear, such as the fact that this was no personal vendetta. It seemed this way of acting was just the alkidike's demeanor in general, as she seemed rather comfortable in the role, as though it were second-nature. It didn't bode well, but it was something to note.

Enitan had gotten a hold of his posture enough to stop displaying fear, but he was still very much terrified. Smirking, he replied, "Not all are, no. I'd have to say that most aren't. However, it's not as though being cautious is a bad thing. You know what they say about those who don't look before they leap." Not that this scenario was a good indicator of the implications, but the entire expedition into Tale was one that didn't need caution thrown to the wind. At the mention that there were no men in alkidike society, Enitan added with a frivolous, "One-sided, eh? That must suck."

As though he realized he made a mistake, his eyes scanned for a way out of the current predicament. "Now now, you don't really think I'm that stupid, do you?" he murmured, backing up a little more to measure how much give the branch had. She did have a point, though, and while the alkidike never chivalrously offered her own name, he figured she may just follow his lead. "My thoughts exactly. The name's Enitan, and you are..?"  

MoogerMint

Sparkly Pants

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:52 pm
The alkidike rolled her eyes at the word cautious, it was a word she hardly put into use, shifting slightly to block off any thought of him escaping by bursting past she looked him over again before laughing at his comment.

"Suck? Never, ...well depends on what your referencing.." She laughed a bit at her crude suggestion and then shook her head, pointing down towards the ground she looked over at the shifter.

"Enitan huh? Jerada.." She moved a bit closer to him but she didn't seem to be wanting to pounce him..just yet. "Stupid? You? Neeever...I am just telling you that your best option is to jump down and make a mad dash, I've never been a patient one.....so...best to run." That grin was on her face again, and her posture was turning into one like a cat getting ready to pounce.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:16 pm
Noting that the alkidike was blocking off his path back down the tree the way he came up, Enitan loosened attempted to loosen up a bit, in the chance that her moves were cause for another attack about to be flung his way. Not that she really could, at such a distance -- it didn't seem she was very apt to go charging blindly across a platform that would assuredly crack under the pressure, and she has already stated in a roundabout fashion that she wasn't going to use any tools to do the job. As it was, Enitan seemed to be pretty safe where he was. Technically, if he could hold out the night, there was a good chance that he could stall until morning when the others of his group could chase off the rogue alkidike. However, that would be putting them in harm's way for his sake... not to mention he doubted the woman's patience could be stretched so fine.

Debating with himself on the course of action, he was faced with but a handful of choices to make as he whittled them down to size with careful deliberation. With so few left, he figured he would see how the rest of this scenario was to unfold before making a concrete decision, to keep his options open. So conversation would continue as the shifter tried to catch signs of what her next move was going to be with the advantage of distance on his side.

Enitan was most definitely the last person he would have suggested as a good example of a male where stereotypes were rampant. His eyes followed where the woman's motions indicated, but surprisingly, he shrugged and almost seemed to nod in agreement, "Well... can't very well speak for all men, now can I? Much like you couldn't for all of woman-kind." He motioned to the alkidike, "After all, most women that I've seen don't act in the same manner as you, nor do they all really seem to wish to be as... strong." For lack of a better term... Jerarda seemed almost masculine to him, after all.

He had almost offered a generic response of, 'Well it's good to meet you!' but that somehow didn't seem quite sincere. At least he had a name now, no matter what was to happen from here on out. He was sure she was going to be trouble throughout the expedition, and if he knew who it was that anyone may mention should the separate clans have to interact further... well, he would at least have a better idea of the implications. With the amount of confidence she was boasting, Enitan was slightly unnerved about the idea that maybe all alkidikes were like her; it didn't help that the entire conversation was saturated with judgmental prejudices.

Contrary to what may have otherwise transpired, Jerarda's suggestion was the inciting that Enitan had been waiting for. She seemed just about ready to put her patience on the back burner in such a brief passing of time, Enitan decided that this conversation was just about over now, lest she really be stirred into irritation over the long-windedness of this exchange. He put on another smirk, looking effortless despite the anxiety, "Good eye. Suppose I could say the same about you, eh?" He slipped his feet off the side of the branch, catching it before he fell too great a distance in the firm grip of his uninjured arm. It was merely to break the speed of the fall, and his hand soon released hold so that he could fall the rest of the way. The shifter kept his legs springy for fear of injuring those limbs as well, cushioning his fall before bouncing back to stand upright and making a run for it. It may not have been too much of a surprise, considering the short fellow had already followed the alkidike's advice earlier, but maybe she hadn't been expecting him to do it twice in a row...  

MoogerMint

Sparkly Pants

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:39 pm
Jerarda was smirking, it was obvious she was over confident in her skills, and for good reason, but still arrogance was often a persons downfall..even for an alkidike like herself. Turning her head slightly she licked the edges of her canines in an attempt to unsettle her opponent, though flattery would get you everywhere with her she flexed an arm as of to agree with his point about her strength.

"I would have to agree. Though perhaps stronger than all shifter women, I know for alkidike standards I am unusual as well. I am the only one who fights without a weapon, all my sister wield spears or bows, but I developed my fighting style myself." Yes Jerarda was very very boastful about this fact, she looked positively excited to be telling someone who didn't know this yet, as all her sisters were positively bored with her constant boasting.

Though she had suggested that he jump down she hadn't actually thought he would take her seriously. Perhaps because of the height or perhaps he thought she had something plotted in the back of her mind. She had to reign herself in as she nearly leapt straight after the man. That could only lead to sprained muscles and if she was really unlucky a broken ankle. So she took a moment to watch his movements before jumping down lightly and following after him at a mad sprint.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:28 pm
As much as Enitan could have offered agreement on Jerarda's pride in herself when compared to other women's physical strengths, his straying mind was too distracted in locating any hint of a half-planned strategy to grasp at a proper reply. The words were heard, sure, but they were processed slowly in the back of his mind while the forefront took in the hodgepodged scenery with darting eyes. It wasn't until he was already at full sprint did it fully register, and he had to give a delayed smirk at the notions.

She didn't follow him right away, making him slightly nervous to think he had fallen right into some trap she set while he wasn't paying attention. She was after him, right? She wouldn't take on the entire shifter tribe by herself, while they slept... He gave a soft shake of his head, trying to convince himself that that would have been a foolish idea for the alkidike to come up with. Even she could see that! So then... what was she plotting? Ahh, paranoia... you're not exactly welcome at the moment, he thought with a snort, diverting his attention back to scoping out the area as he sped through the pillars of trees, careful to dodge more deftly than he had earlier.

Of course, it was common knowledge that running in a straight shot was only safe if one was trying to outdistance oneself, but Enitan was trying to outfox and lose the alkidike. There was already plenty of distance between his position and the shifter encampment -- in fact, he was starting to hope he would be able to make it back without getting lost -- so taking a more jagged path was more in his interest. He weaved through the trees, hoping to slow the taller woman down. He was quicker than she was when it came to size comparison, but her legs' reach far outbalanced the equation in Jerarda's favor; maybe she wouldn't be as adept at quick maneuvering. He was starting to feel the old desperation welling up in his body again, I've got to be better than her at something! I could use the advantage! While he wasn't expecting anything to crop up, so late in the game, it would have been a welcome reprieve.

He ducked behind a few thick trunks, chancing at confusing the alkidike by disappearing from view. If this worked, maybe he could double-back and actually lose her. Of course, it would also help if he wasn't breathing so hard... Every half a minute or so, he'd try his hand at holding his breath to throw her off more, but from all he could tell from his current perspective, all it did was slow him down.  

MoogerMint

Sparkly Pants

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:21 am
Jerarda was having positively too much fun, after all it wasn't often she got to chase people down and thus male was just an over abundance of nervous energy. The alkidike could almost see it coming off his body though she knew that was just her thinking she could see it. There was of course nothing there but it didn't stop her from scooping as her ran a hand full of small rocks. After all may as well see how he'd react to projectiles.

Her aim wasn't exactly the best, but it would do as she whipped a rock in his direction missing him completely and hitting the ground behind him. Jera tried again though this time her aim was true he had ducked behind a tree and thus it hit with a solid thud against the bark. Quickly running out of rocks as she continued to hound him she realized after throwing a smaller stone that she was out. Would she grab another fist full? Probably not as the novelty of throwing things at him was wearing thin. So she just picked up her pace, wanting to shout taunts at him, but her lungs wouldn't allow for breath to be used for anything else but breathing.

The tree's were her home, she could of easily just climbed up one and chased after him above in the branches...and...this was a perfect idea. Jera scaled the closest tree and continued pursuit in the tree branches above him. It was a more dangerous method of travel, but it only added to the thrill of the hunt for this man.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:16 pm
While the shifter had a lack of energy to let his confused irritation spring into more vocal standing, Jerarda's sudden use of a weapon -- even a makeshift one like a handful of rocks -- worked to tilt Enitan's fear slightly more toward anger. True, none of them managed to actually land a hit on the prentice, but wasn't she just boasting about not having to lower herself to using weaponry in battle? He didn't cease his pace, perhaps even managing to increase his speed a notch, but his annoyance at the hypocrisy caused his nerves to twitch. If I didn't think it would be a smart move, I'd have... he griped to himself before remembering that his knife was misplaced. He really needed to try to get that thing back...

At the thought, he realized that he wasn't hearing an echoing set of footfalls behind him any longer. He halted sharply, catching balance with a hand to the nearest tree as he spun his sight around the area. This was bad... or really, really good. However, he wasn't the most optimistic individual, so Enitan wasn't willing to take his chances on assuming he had actually managed to lose the alkidike. Or was that the paranoia talking? Either way, as far as survival was concerned, it was better to play it safe. Carefully trying to tune into the surroundings despite his strained breathing taking precedence in what he was able to hear, he took a slightly altered direction and sped off again, hoping he wasn't just walking into a trap.

It took him a moment to realize what Jerarda's plans were developing into, and he jolted when he heard the rustling in the canopy. It was difficult to hide one's movements while keeping a quick pace, but a warrior tended to be adept at working around such limitations, so it hadn't registered to Enitan right away. Cursing, he tried to pinpoint where the branches seemed the most sparse and head under the cover of such observations in order to force the pursuing alkidike to either take a more roundabout way in order to follow the shifter from above, or alter her decision back to the ground. "You're not gonna be able to catch me... while up there!" he tried taunting, though wasn't sure if his tensed breath was capable of reaching distance over the collective white noise of the situation.

The shifter was attempting to loop back to the area they had initially began this chase, hoping to locate the knife he had left lodged in the tree trunk earlier. While he was still not willing to actually use it, despite his growing frustration, it was one of the few things he really allowed himself to grow an attachment to. It would have been a plus to be able to lose Jerarda along the way, but with his only gambit already in use, he was at a loss for how to approach the situation differently outside of instinct. I hope all this racket doesn't bring anything else out... he winced mid-sprint; he really didn't know what other predators lived out here, and wasn't very eager to learn.  

MoogerMint

Sparkly Pants

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:59 pm
She was chasing him and it felt like the hunt was never going to end, in fact the thrill of it was starting to wain and though Jerarda didn't like giving up on someone she wanted to beat the pulp out of, but she had been hounding this shifter male for most of the evening and the alkidike woman had to admit she was getting tired.

Slowing she knelt on a tree limb and watched his form dissapear deeper into the forest. Chewing on the nail on her thumb she watched him until she could no longer make out his shape running away. It made her smirk and it made her itch to follow him...but she was running late as if was, she suppose to be catching up with her sisters so they could start on their journey.

It had been a awhile since she had entered the forest, played with the male and then there had been that woman earlier that day...yes she had been wasting enough time she supposed... turning she looked up into the night sky, seeing the moon she gave a grin and made off to find her sisters.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff