Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Library

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

S e r e n i d y S t a r

7,125 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:31 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:06 pm
Alright, I'm gonna get all of the grammar and spelling crap out of the way so other people can write about the fun stuff! I'm gonna try and get all of these in one go, so I hope you'll get the gist of the mistakes and how to fix them. xP If not, then I can explain more if I need to.

"I" is proper. Make sure you capitalize it!

"We had just returned from our summer vacation and was now entering grade 8,i felt so happy to be back in school..."

Sometimes when you put a comma after a word, you forget to put a space afterwards. Don't forget your space!...

"...and to me that scent was the most manly-like aroma i had ever smelt in my life."

Smelt is when you combine two metals together to create an alloy. Smelled is the past tense of smell. blaugh

"He moved his chair close to mine when i was sited and we started to talk and from then on we had become best of friends...i thought we were gonna be friends forever..i thought he was mines..until that very first day."

Try...

"He scooted his chair closer to where I was seated and we began to speak to each other... and it evolved from there. We became great friends. I thought we would stay like this forever --- I thought he was mine... until that very first day."

See, what I did there was use more describing words rather than simple words like "move" and "talk". When you use more describing words, the reader can see a more vivid image in their mind. Strive for imagery!

" 'I missed You so much Star'. "

There is a difference between ' and ". ' is an apostrophe (and is also used as what I call, 'mock quotes'.), and " " are quotation marks. Use quotation marks when a character speaks! Speaking of speaking, make sure you start a new paragraph when there's new dialogue!

"He gently putted me down..."

That's just a misuse of the past tense of a word. The word "putted" doesn't exist. The past tense of "put" is "put"!

"At that point i was going crazie..."

The correct spelling is crazy.

Well.... I'm done being the grammar police. Keep writing and improving! emotion_c8

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

S e r e n i d y S t a r

7,125 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:12 pm
Sagittariis Munashii
Alright, I'm gonna get all of the grammar and spelling crap out of the way so other people can write about the fun stuff! I'm gonna try and get all of these in one go, so I hope you'll get the gist of the mistakes and how to fix them. xP If not, then I can explain more if I need to.

"I" is proper. Make sure you capitalize it!

"We had just returned from our summer vacation and was now entering grade 8,i felt so happy to be back in school..."

Sometimes when you put a comma after a word, you forget to put a space afterwards. Don't forget your space!...

"...and to me that scent was the most manly-like aroma i had ever smelt in my life."

Smelt is when you combine two metals together to create an alloy. Smelled is the past tense of smell. blaugh

"He moved his chair close to mine when i was sited and we started to talk and from then on we had become best of friends...i thought we were gonna be friends forever..i thought he was mines..until that very first day."

Try...

"He scooted his chair closer to where I was seated and we began to speak to each other... and it evolved from there. We became great friends. I thought we would stay like this forever --- I thought he was mine... until that very first day."

See, what I did there was use more describing words rather than simple words like "move" and "talk". When you use more describing words, the reader can see a more vivid image in their mind. Strive for imagery!

" 'I missed You so much Star'. "

There is a difference between ' and ". ' is an apostrophe (and is also used as what I call, 'mock quotes'.), and " " are quotation marks. Use quotation marks when a character speaks! Speaking of speaking, make sure you start a new paragraph when there's new dialogue!

"He gently putted me down..."

That's just a misuse of the past tense of a word. The word "putted" doesn't exist. The past tense of "put" is "put"!

"At that point i was going crazie..."

The correct spelling is crazy.

Well.... I'm done being the grammar police. Keep writing and improving! emotion_c8

oh okai thnkyou for ur advice but it was only a draft but thnkyou...i will fix it up and post it over  
Library

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games