Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:59 am
"Initially... when you said perfect, I thought 'any Tony would be a perfect Tony'-- I mean, we are talking about /me/ here, aren't we?" *flourishes his hands* "But then I put a little more thought to it." *taps his forefinger on his temple* "Being 'perfect' is about having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, and characteristics-- let's stop a moment there... /desirable/. Well, I'm certainly /that/, but to be more specific, desirable implies

the things /you/ want most." *stops in front of Banner and looks him intensely in the eyes* "Which leads me to conjecture that a 'perfect Tony' cannot be found unless you, Dr. Banner, are willing to reveal /precisely/ what 'elements, qualities, and characteristics' this Tony must have." *glittering smile*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 am
See Mr. Stark while all of that is quite true, you are presuming that I don’t want to just make this a very enjoyable game in which multiple Tony s display their Flamboyant and Brilliant natures as-well as in some cases a need to flaunt their sexual prowess if my ask box is anything to go by. At the moment it is quite thrilling to laugh as they all stumble for the correct words to display an accurate portrayal of the tony they wish to embody, whilst trying to live up to a standard that I have yet to set yet. However you My smart friend are the very first to point out that I have not yet set any … restrictions persay.

*His brown eyes seem to light up at the challenge* "Mind games? I hadn't thought it of you, Banner." *he pauses, as if second-guessing himself* "Banner... Banner... Mind if I call you Bruce? Of course you don't. Why would you? It's your name after all." *Tony throws an arm over the other scientist's shoulders* "If I had to guess, there's very little need for me to do all that 'displaying of feathers' like some kind of ostentatious peacock, because /you/--" *he pokes Bruce

square in the chest, just above the last done-up button* "you, dear Doctor, already know exactly what I am. Steps 1, 2 and 3 are bypass-able, the preliminary equations to a theory-- the falsifiable theory that, regardless of whatever 'restrictions apply', a 'perfect Tony' is not achievable, and does not exist." *steps away and turns to face him* "But I promise I'll damn sure try to approximate." *winks*  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:25 pm
*grins* While its true that a perfect Tony Isn’t possible, I was simply looking for one that fit me. People around here seem to have a lot of ideas of who you should be,*chuckles a bit at the idea of anyone telling Iron Man who to be* I however seem to have met my perfect match in you. *face turns slightly pink”*

*Claps his hands together* "A match made in laboratory-tested Heaven! Like a couple Hydrogen atoms sharing a covalent bond." *Tony smiles widely at the color appearing on Bruce's face* "How do you suggest we celebrate? Champagne? A big cake? I know a bakery. Their doughnuts are unrivaled."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:44 pm
Oh, no you…Uh… You don’t have to do that. I mean I hardly have any money…so I couldn’t really pay for it right now. How about we just go eat pop tarts I am sure there are a bunch in the kitchen due to Thor’s new found love of them. *Grins awkwardly trying to brush off the doughnut thing, knowing it would most likely be unsuccessful… this was Tony he was talking to*

"Actually, I'm insisting." *He loops his arm through Banner's and begins to guide him towards the elevator* "Don't have to celebrate..." *Tony mutters softly to himself, rolling his eyes before going on* "I have a bottle on ice and a couple flutes in the lab. Don't ask me why, that's not important."  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:57 pm
*he felt himself get even redder at this* You really don’t have to do this, Honestly you do more than enough for me. I’m Living in your house, Not to mention you gave me free reign of your lab. *he didnt even think pepper had that privlage which only made him want tony to do this less* Really, I am perfectly fine with poptarts!

"And I'm not fine with you being 'perfectly' fine with poptarts. So, now that that's settled." *he presses the appropriate floor button and the lift doors close to whisk them up*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:22 pm
*he sighed realizing he was never going to win this argument and resigned himself to a night of spending time with Tony which sometimes he had to admit could be quite enjoyable, when he didnt end up hulking out…* If you say so…

"I often say so," *Tony settled, allowing his hands to clasp behind his back, for the moment keeping to himself.* *He rocked on his feet, studying the man beside him as they rode upward.* "I thought I told you to quit 'tip-toeing'. All this 'I don't deserve it' jazz hardly suits you. Besides, it's 'better to give than receive'-- forgive me for being selfish." *he smiled again, trying to get Banner to loosen up*  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:42 pm
*he smirked at Tony’s obvious attempts to pacify him and decided that there was really no point in further denying the man, after all it was just desert… what could go wrong.* Ill have to take your word for that, I don’t usually end up on either end of the spectrum very much. *he scratched at the back of his neck awkwardly* Thank you for this I’m sure it will be quite nice.

*Tony gave a tsk* "You're welcome. Trust me, it's almost as difficult finding someone who honestly appreciates generosity-- ah, here we are!" *he announced with a large sweep of his arms when the elevator opened up to the laboratory. "I swear that elevator needs a tune-up... it moves so slow, but I can't stand the smelly workmen Pepper tries to bring in." *He rambled as he motioned Bruce along past some of the equipment currently cluttering the lab towards the small icebox.*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:56 pm
Just out of curiosity why do you keep Champagne in the lab, its not as if anybody but you and me ever come in here. Well and sometimes Pepper but I was under the impression that you two had split up, was I mistaken are you together again? *he stared at his shoes as he rambled not really watching where he was going and almost knocking into a lab table.*

*He laughs seeing as that was exactly the question he'd told Bruce /not/ to ask.* "It never hurts to be prepared-- I'm a good Boy Scout," *he answered semi-elusively as he opened the mini-fridge and removed the bottle and a couple chilled flutes.* "As for Pepper and I..." *he gave a little grunt as he tugged on the cork and failed to get it loose* "it's complicated. Could you...?" *he trailed off, holding out the unopened bottle to the other scientist sheepishly*  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:17 pm
When is life not complicated for you *he smirked taking the bottle in one hand and easily un-corking it and handing it back to the billionaire, laughing a bit* It’s hard to imagine you as a boy scout… The cap…sure, but you… Nah. You seem, too cool for that kind of thing. * he felt himself blushing as he said it but couldn’t seem to stop the words, gosh and he hadn’t even had alcohol yet….this was going to be a long night for him.*

"Thanks," *Tony issued his gratitude as he took back the bottle, trying not to admire the ease with which Banner had popped the cork loose* *He gave a shrug as he filled each of their glasses half-full* "I tried it for about a year. Dad was trying to get me out of his hair-- never quite worked. Besides, I had most of the badges within the first couple months. And none of the other kids liked me. Bah," *Tony shook his head, dislodging the memories that still nagged him to this day.*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:36 pm
I’m sorry Tony, sometimes I forget your childhood was just as horrible as mine was. *he grinned halfheartedly and downed the flute of champagne like it was a shot, not even worrying about if he should be drinking like he normally would…instead he reached out to pat his friend on the back reassuringly* But hey, at least we’ve got each other right?

*Something in his eyes sparkles, and his heart flutters-- or is that the arc reactor acting up?* "I've never spent a lot of time dwelling on the past... don't plan to start either." *He's amused by the way Banner has already drained his glass-- cultured should be the last thing he expects from a nerd who's spent so much time away from society-- so he tips back his own as well in one swallow.* "Mm..." *he gets out, twirling the delicate goblet by its stem as the bubbly substance caresses his esophogus* "As the mighty Thor might say, another," *he quips as he pours them both fresh servings.*  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:54 pm
*he supresses a giggle at the fact that tony had consumed his all in one shot as well, leave it to him to belive that bruce lacked sophistication rather than he really just wanted to make himself stop talking which had in fact been the reality of the situation* Yes Tony I’m aware “the man of the Future” they call you, not much time for the past… or the present I fear… it seems to make things…Complicated. *He took a small sip of the Bubbling drink while wondering even to himself if he had crossed a boundary there.*

"Now, let's not be too hasty," *Tony says, but pauses, trying to figure out what exactly he's saying since hasty is usually his style.* "I'm capable of making time for the here and now," *he said with conviction, possibly trying to convince himself as much as Bruce* *He set down his flute on one of the lab tables, going silent and staring off into space.*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:11 pm
I didn’t mean to be offensive, I only Meant that things get complicated… *he ran his hands trough his hair, the last thing he wanted was for tony to be angry with him.” I don’t know why I said that, I’m sorry. It seems sometimes around you I think less about what I am going to say and just say it instead.

*There Bruce went again. Tony could have kicked himself. He turned around and gave him a smile.* "No need for apologies, big guy. You make a good point. Which is why..." *he gave the younger scientist a pat on the arm* "tonight is about us. Guy time, am I right?"  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:32 pm
Y-yeah guy time *he grinned lopsidedly still surprised that tony wasn’t mad at him. it had been almost his whole life and he had never gotten used to the idea that someone can be made angry and then just forgive and forget as easy as tony did, He still expected to be punished for his actions…but with Tony that was never the case* So… you were telling me about doughnuts…

*The older scientist blinks rapidly* "Oh yes! Doughnuts! Did you want some? I'm sure the shop is still open. I can have them deliver; I know you don't like going out," *Tony offered, his smile as big as ever.*  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:12 am
Tony Stark strut into the lab, pulling a tank top over his head, having just changed out of the formal attire that he'd been stuck wearing nearly his whole business trip. His brown eyes lock on Bruce, who's bent over something at a workbench-- practically right where he left him several days ago. The fact makes Tony smirk. "Damn, it is good to be back," he commented as he strode up to his lab partner and leaned over to see what he's up to. "I swear the flight from Bejing to New York was shorter than that. I got you something." He dropped a greasy paper sack beside the other scientist, which contained a cheeseburger-- he'd ordered three upon his arrival back, but two had turned out to be enough to fill his belly. "Didn't break anything while I was gone, did you?" he teased, poking the other man in the side with his forefinger.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:18 pm
Bruce barely had to look up to see what was in the bag as he could smell the cheap greasy burger without even looking however he ventured a glance up at Tony a moment before looking back down at his calculations. ” Ha-Ha Tony very funny.” He replied smirking a bit. “If you must know I didn’t break a thing, now would you care to explain to me why your present to me from your business trip to China is a… Hamburger? Because I’m pretty sure those are American.”

"As American as it gets." The innovator gave a careless shrug. "Grabbed it on my way in. What were you expecting, decorative chopsticks? A ming vase? Maybe the Great Wall?"  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff