Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic RolePlay

Back to Guilds

A roleplay guild to hang out and have fun. 

Tags: Anime, Role Play, Hang Out 

Reply Hexes
[Re:Hexes] Another Life Another Story Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome would you like some tea?
Yes!
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
No...
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

keybladegirl1993

Captain

Angelic Fairy

17,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:12 pm
User Image
"Why thank you Mr. Night Owl. I'm so happy to be here. I think it is quiet obvious I'm a huge fan of your show." Smiling softly as she spoke into the mic. Completely ignoring the fact he was staring at her. Tsukiko was completely use to it. "So what do you preferred to be called DJ, or Mr. Night Owl." She asked finally turning her attention to him an amused smile on her lips. For some odd reason she reminded herself of Marylin Monroe when she called him Mr. Night Owl. Wondering to herself if he would spot that kind of reference, it was a strange one after all.

When Tsukiko had spoken she had copied his tone. Spending many early morning playing on the piano that was placed more for decoration in the cafe. It had been a gift from the last owners. Wasting her time singing old love songs and what not while the muffins baked. Easily able to mimic a tone. "I feel like I'm being interview like in the Hunger Games...Though you don't have blue hair...And I'm not on fire...ah well, I prefer being your alpha girl anyway."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:17 pm
User Image

As her voice reverberated through their headsets on its way out through the airwaves, he noticed how it had adapted from how she normally spoke. Most people started out too soft or too high pitched to be heard properly, but this girl was different. He couldn't help being impressed. The standard smile that he usually donned melted to his eyes as he continued to listen. It was an honest smile, one that showed he liked what he saw, or rather heard.

"I'm flattered," he responded smoothly, adjusting the mic's position with a flick of the pole by his finger. It looked remarkably like he tipped an invisible hat to her.

"And you can call me whatever you would like. I'm not particular on titles." He shrugged at this before letting his eyes fall momentarily to his laptop. The background music shifted slightly, from slow lilting horns to faster percussion.

"Well it's not blue right now. Remember that stint a few months ago?" he replied with a base chuckle.

If she was a fan, as he was in no doubt, she would remember his segment where he had to play a form of truth or dare with his listeners. If the callers finished three rounds with him then they would win tickets to whatever major performance happened to be going on at the time. That particular time he had been dared to dye his hair in the studio. He even broadcast his progress, exclaiming how electric a shade it had turned.

Although he had never shown anyone pictures of how it turned out, he had known that for several weeks after all people who happened to pass by on campus was hounded by fans in search of him. Everyone was eager to meet their illusive idol, while he reveled in staying anonymous.

And even though he continued on to regale a summarized version of the tale for those who hadn't been there, he didn't skip a beat. He picked up on her slip, saying she prefered to be his alpha girl.

"So, miss alpha," he rounded back to their conversation in a smooth segue,"What made you want to throw your cries to the night on my show?" Although cleverly coded for dramatic purposes, he was basically asking why she had entered in the contest. Sometimes the easiest questions led to the more interesting ones, or so he was led to believe.

Foxi Doll

Alien Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

keybladegirl1993

Captain

Angelic Fairy

17,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:43 pm
User Image
"Oh yes, everyone was really hunting for you then. I was in sick with a cold, I really wanted to call in. I had some goods ones planned out to. Sadly no voice to manifest them. Consider yourself lucky I didn't call in that time." Giving a charming laugh that was sincerer. Her expression turned to that of the Cheshire Cat as she grinned at him. She wasn't the wolf, she was the one the cat meddling around. "Though I think you would have done well with bright flaming orange hair. Not like a clown, more like a fire."

Basically saying that to melt his 'cool' persona. "Oh trust me you aren't as flattered as I am. After all it was you that liked my cries to the night that got me here." With that she looked at the mic again. "I figured, you know what the hell, might as well give it a shot. You only live once right, gotta make most of your time while you are here." Leaning back she looked at him. "So tell me what are your tips for staying so....invisible. I'm rather quiet sad, if I see you again I won't be able to say hello to you." Tsukiko really was playing this up. Putting on a fake pout as she looked at him once again. "You'll have to sneak by my shop every once in a while." With that and another wink Tsukiko was having fun. Being mother goose she never got to leave the shop, so this was her first night out since she had been sick months ago.

Not going on dates, no hanging with friends, no off days. Tsukiko took to much pride in keeping the shop up and running to let anything happen to it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:36 pm
User Image

"Lucky huh?" he countered with a sly grin. He wondered just what sort of mischief this girl would want to cause. The very idea had titillating possibilities.

"A good owl hides in the least likely of places," he countered coolly, his blue eyes shining brightly against the lights of his soundboard. "Remember that if you ever get the urge to test that luck of yours. Try turning me any flaming color."

Oh, this was so good, he thought. All these double meanings was sure to rile some of his listeners. They always liked to try decoding his words, all the more reason for him to play up this air wave character. That and it always pleased him to watch his supervisor look dumbfounded. Like a part of him knew that what they spoke about was not appropriate for a radio show, but he didn't have any straightforward proof to stop him from doing it. It really helped when his guests played into his hands like this.

"Indeed," he replied to her comments about living once. The more he spoke with her, the more he liked what she had to say. It gave him lots to work with and she wasn't hard on the eyes either. True, that didn't have much use in a studio like this, but her voice was project-able, and that did. Not to mention that she was very much a take charge kind of person. After all, he was the one who was suppose to conduct the interview, yet here she was, asking twice as many questions and working off his comments in smooth repartee.

"The trick, dear alpha, is in the details." He purposefully left the answer open for her to comment. And although he knew she was enjoying herself, if the self satisfied smile was any indication, he wondered if she had come prepared to out him. DJ Night Owl had to deal with several of those in his time. People would do anything to reveal himself. But what they didn't understand was that part of his infamy was in his anonymity. People liked the mystery.

"You have a shop to sneak into?" he countered quickly. The wink surprised him. Was she flirting? he thought. This interview was getting more interesting by the minute. "Or is it more of a den for your pack?" He laughed at his own joke, winking back at her. It took two to play this sort of game anyway.

"Well let's take a moment to listen to a few tracks, shall we? First we got Question, by System of a Down. Following is New Divide by Link Park. This has been DJ Night Owl in the Night Life, here on KIDK."

Once the connection ended and their headsets were filled with nothing but the songs that now aired, Palian took a swig from his hidden drink and sat back in his chair.

"Not bad for an ex model turned college coffee house owner," he stated with his thumbs up. "You are definitely one of my best guests to date." He ended the statement by blowing a kiss in her direction.

Foxi Doll

Alien Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

keybladegirl1993

Captain

Angelic Fairy

17,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:32 pm
User Image
Tsukiko fought the urge to roll her eyes. Literally having to look away for a moment to roll her eyes at him. He didn't seem surprised when she started the question asking instead of him. "Oh yes, it's more of a place for smaller packs to seek shelter. We take them in feed them some cool music and apparently vote me alpha." Locking gazes with him as she spoke. "I'll make sure to pay close attention to every little detail, so I can spot you out next time." Though she actually would be fine walking away and never seeing him again and be totally fine.

Prepared to just chill and listen to the music, his next statement made the penny drop. Looking at him with a clear unamused face. "Please don't tell me you're one of the ones that did unspeakable things to the magazines. I've got enough of those fans still, and I left the industry 4 years ago. So just keep all your crazy fantasies on your side of the room thank you." He wasn't the first person she had dealt with, and clearly he wasn't going to ever be the last.

Putting up with people like this since the time she started modeling. Because she had been underage the name was given to her. Tsukiko Yuki didn't exist in the fashion world, Moon Child did. Her stylist and manager where the only ones who knew who personally. The rest simply knew her as Moon Child. People called her apartment all the time asking for Moon Child, causing Fyte to freak out sometimes. When he blew a kiss at her, she just gave him that look. "So do tell me how much internet searching of me did you do to find out." This wasn't a game to her. This was life as she knew it, this town...it was her home. If someone other then Ryo knew....it would mean she'd have to leave. Back then she could just model dresses and normal cloths, now everyone wanted her to do....weird shoots. There where some freaky people out there, and Tsukiko didn't want those kinds of pictures taken of her.

Taking a deep breath she calmed down. Okay maybe she had freaked out just slightly. He was probably doing this to screw with her. Tsukiko had been doing it for fun. She wasn't trying to tell who he really was to the whole town, she didn't even know his name.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:44 pm
User Image

The DJ that sat across from her burst with laughter at her statement. He laughed so hard, that he literally had to grip the sides of his chair so that he didn't accidentally fall out of it. As quickly as the sound had broken her appalled silence, so it too quickly ceased. His eyes looked cold, the blue darkened like the bottom of a clear pool of water on the verge of freezing.

He stared at her, wondering how much of her was filled with outrage at his comment and how much was fear. He surmised that she feared he was a stalker. That he was some creep that followed the rich and famous for kicks. But seeing her there, dressed for what equaled to a night on the town, a familiar little bunny pendant twinkling in the dip between her breasts, he doubted she would want him to point that out that he couldn't be blamed for any lecherous thoughts. She practically dressed to show off her body, like a slap in the face. Saying, look at this, cause you can't have it. The boldness of it, he could admit to himself, was enticing.

"Trust me bunny, my fantasies are derived from things that would make your photo shoots look like baptismals for a queens nunnery," he said in a low voice, a twitch of a smile still playing on his otherwise serious face.

He was aware that that was the fate of anyone in the limelight. Famous people were fawned over by everyone who saw them. It was one of the reasons he stayed hidden. At least you can't get too depraved when all you know is a voice.

"That's what the grunts are for," he replied coolly as he sat back in his chair. In fact, he hadn't even needed to use them, but he wasn't about to let her know his secret. Nemo already was furious with him as it was.

Letting his eyes stray to his laptop, he noted that they had only a few more seconds before they went live again. He was always surprised how quickly his breaks flew past. All the more so with such interesting guests. His eyes warmed slightly as he motioned to her headset.

"Smile for the camera now," he said, though his voice lacked the disinterest he had feigned a moment ago. In fact, seeing her fiery personality in person made him want to out himself there. Almost at least. Palian was always one to enjoy his games. So he put on his smile and segued into the show once more.

"And we're back. This is DJ Night Owl and our lovely guest, miss tsukiko," he said as if they had not spoken between airings. "For those of you who are just tuning in, I've got our winner from the howling contest. She has graciously joined us tonight to throw her voice to the waves. So if any of you would like to drop us a line, I'm sure she would love to answer a few questions for us."

Foxi Doll

Alien Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

keybladegirl1993

Captain

Angelic Fairy

17,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:03 pm
User Image
A part of her felt the old need to get piss off at him. Rolling her eyes she pulled her hair up in the same pony tail she used at work. Pulling the headphones on she ignored him. Knowing he was trying to get her wound up. Though when he made notion to her necklace she absentmindedly let her fingers run across it. Continuing to ignore him she put on her smile and continued to speak as before.

"As always I'm flattered Mr. Night Owl. I can't take all the spotlight though, I know you would love to answer some questions. Maybe we should even do a few dares." Tsukiko could dish anything he threw at her. Having dealt with people like him before. Still her gaze told him to keep his sick fantasies on his side of the room. He didn't know her, and by this point she really didn't want to know him.

She wasn't some innocent little girl stumbling around. Having been around the block more then a few times. Tsukiko knew the rules of the game, and she played by them just as fairly as he did.

People thought she did what she did for attention. No. She came from a poor middle of freaking no where town. It was average in everything, and she'd be damned if she stayed there. So when a talent agent found her singing in the choir room oddly enough that's when she realized she might not be stuck. Taking the job she never looked back, work was work. It was kinda fun, but it was hours upon hours of standing there them setting you up in these outfits. She dealt with it so she could leave. He though.....people like him pissed her off. He dressed the way he did for attention, yet he hid by a stage name. Tsukiko only did because she was under age.

Tsukiko had just wanted to have a fun night. Never knowing when she would get more time off. There was only three of them, but she knew they needed rest and study time. Tsukiko could sleep during the dead hours at the shop.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:50 pm
User Image

Palain couldn't help the smile that crept on his face at hearing her voice. That little vixen, he thought. Trying to spin it on him again. He knew that having this girl join him on the show was a good idea. Well if she thought he was to be outdone on his own show, she was about to learn why he was in this business. DJ Night Owl was not one to take lightly.

He recited the number for the station and proceeded to fill the time by filling the viewers in on random shows that were performing at various venues around town. He didn't particularly care about some of them, but he knew that many college students loved reasons to waste time. And with mid terms right around the corner, he knew that his chances of getting bites for tickets were abnormally high.

"So this is how we play our game. You call, we give you a dare and then if you complete it, then you get tickets to the Rigger Concert next week. Sounds simple, right?"

While he talked, he noticed that Tsukiko had been avoiding eye contact. She seemed to be determined not to let what he said effect her. The smile she had plastered on her face, it was so fake. Like a mask. It frustrated him that she would want to school her expressions like that. Then he had an idea. A very wicked idea.

"Let's get the ball rolling with a fun first round," he said in a lower tone. "Miss alpha. I dare you. . . I dare you to shout out to the world. Shout out to our many listeners. But it must sound like you've reached a certain peak."

Translation? Sound like you are having an orgasm. His eyes were narrowed as he waited for her reaction. Would she do it? Or would she fold and leave? She may have thought he was a pervert before, but it wasn't about that. Palian wanted to know if she was willing to play his games. If she couldn't handle this little farce, then she wasn't going to be able to handle dealing with him like his supervisor kept hinting.

The DJ had been trying to hard to ignore the messages on his laptop. They were loving her. And thinking to ask her to return again. Maybe more. If that was the case, then he was going to put her through the paces. Late night radio shows were rare these days, mostly filled with love lines. So he couldn't really blame them for jumping on something as hot as this.

"To make it fair, if you complete my dare then you will get to dare me something," he added deviously.

Foxi Doll

Alien Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

keybladegirl1993

Captain

Angelic Fairy

17,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:43 pm
User Image
Tsukiko just stared at him with an unamused look. A small grin flash across her face. Her gaze telling him he would have to do much better then that. He wanted her to make a fool of herself, but he couldn't be blunt. Tsukiko was to clever and took her own play on his words. "Oh you want a live sound this time instead of a staged one." She could spin her words to, after all she wasn't so much as here to one up him. No Tsukiko was here because she knew it would be fun. She was just as clever to his little games that other people would probably walk out on.

She was the Alpha girl, she wasn't going to let someone like him embarrass her. So she turned forward and howled into the mic. It wasn't pitiful like the other loners he loved to manipulate. Growing up with mountains all around, she always remembered to wolves howling at the moon. Though if anything it did sound sad and lonely, like a wolve that had been left behind and was looking for its friends. Leaning back in her chair she looked at him.

"How was that, I'm sure it was to your liking yes?" Tsukiko's face then returned to the mask. She wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of winning. The fact he was trying to out do her was childish enough. Everything she thought just proved to be right. She wasn't here to be better, or put anyone in their place. She was a coffee shop owner not a puppet for him to cut the strings.

"Now Little birdy are you ready for my dare?" She said looking at him her gaze unaffected by him. Even though deep down she just wanted to slap him. That would probably give him some sick kind of satisfaction. "Because I'm a girl and I love gossip, I want..no dare you to tell me about the first girl or guy you ever loved and or liked. Be very specific please." With that she blew him a kiss, saying look I can be innocent. "Since this is your show I'll be nice, if you don't complete my dare you have to find her and kiss her." Her tone was matter of fact, as her catty grin returned. It wasn't a peace offering because she wasn't at war. He was trying to scare her off, but she refused to budge. This was her one night of fun and she didn't want it to be over yet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:22 pm
User Image

Palian couldn't help the flinch that came when he heard her belt out her howl into the mic. Yes, he thought. Packs much more of a punch in person. Although it wasn't quite what he had in mind, he smiled graciously and accepted that she had bested him in that round. But there were still others. And he was a sly man, prone to devious plots when boredom set in.

"I don't know about you guys, but I think that the wolf's got some bite," he voiced into the night. "Thank you for bringing us into your fold, Tsukiko. I'm sure that you'll have many others wanting to step forward and join your local pack." He chuckled at that. Yes, they would come. So many already knew that she owned a local coffee house and it wouldn't take them long to find the place and hound her for details. Made the perfect cover for him, should he decide to saunter in later. The idea made his eyes sparkle with untold glee.

He had to suppress the chuckle when she called him birdy. It tickled something in him to receive such a pet name, even if she meant it to be demeaning. But he nodded all the same, awaiting with hidden anticipation.

"Yes, please. Lay it on me," he couldn't help adding for the benefit of his listeners. And as he listened to her dare, he couldn't help his eagerness sharpen, making him sit more straight in his chair and lean in towards his mic.

He thought about her dare, chewing on his tongue as watched the expressions play on her face. Like a hidden gem, the silver ball of his tongue piercing glinted in the dim light before darting between his lips once more.

"The first and only girl I ever loved, never even knew what I looked like," he said finally. "She was part of another universe, I bet she would never have given me the time of day had we met under different circumstances. But I like to believe that there was a purpose set in motion. Not like divine intervention, but like mathematical inevitability. We were bound to collide, one way or another." He fell silent as he let the image of their first meeting fill his mind. it was cute, as memories went, but not something that was worthy of radio.

"But since I have painted not one but two people in mystery, detailed as it may seem, I fear I must fold this round and take your consequences." Again he flashed her an angled grin, tilting his head in a half nod.

"So let's get us a caller in here and try to get them some tickets," he finished gaily. And as much as he loved his show, Palian couldn't help the desire to just be done with it for the evening. He had nothing more he wanted to say and the show was nothing if not fast paced. So to end now with a bang was better than dragging the interview on for another hour.

One of the perks of his show, it was frequent enough that his listeners didn't mind that it varied in length. He only aired as much as he wanted, before handing the rest over to their pre-selected dead end playlist.

Foxi Doll

Alien Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

keybladegirl1993

Captain

Angelic Fairy

17,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:25 pm
User Image
"Ah I feel sad I won't get to find out who the lucky lady is." Tsukiko said with a wide grin as she spoke. "Though at least now you can tell yourself if it would have ever actually worked out or not. You won't know if you never try." That was the whole reason she was here. She wanted to see if she could win, and she did. The advice wasn't even for him, but for his listeners. The people who feared going out and trying for fear of the consequences.

As the show came to an end Tsukiko thanked him and his listeners. "I've enjoyed my time spent with all of you this evening. Especially my time with you personally Mr Night Owl. I hope our paths will cross once again." Having chilled a lot after their game. To her it was all fun and games, none of it was personal. So when the show was over she took her head phones up and slid her purse on her arm. Her opinion of him hadn't really changed, but she didn't feel like dwelling on those thoughts. Honestly she could care less if she never saw him after this night, so with that she turned and headed towards the door.

In the end he was just another person. Nothing big enough had happened for him to leave an impact. Her own ego purr at the fact he had told his listeners he folded to her. Tsukiko came she conquered, no it was her time to leave. As he finished his job she stood up and walked out of the room. Taking her time walking to the lobby she looked out the doors to see rain pouring from the sky.

Of course of all nights, tonight would be the perfect time for it to rain. Without an umbrella she figured she would wait for the bus to come by. She would give it five minutes then she would call Ryo to come pick her up. Tsukiko didn't to stay here much longer. Her night of fun was over, and she was ready to head home.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 pm
User Image

The rest of the show wrapped up without a hitch, leaving both his audience and his supervisors happy with the performance. He caught the girl making a hasty exit while he was finishing his closing remarks and setting the show on its sound bit credits. She may have departed quickly and discreetly, but he was damned if he was about to let her disappear without a final word.

So with a final farewell to his supervisor, who gave him the thumbs up and the all clear to leave the small room without projecting the noise through the mics, Palian rushed out to catch up to the girl. He came to an abrupt stop when he saw her silhouette, framed by a wall of thick falling rain. The visual was striking enough that he paused before opening the glass doors that separated them.

As he pulled the glass door back, he was bombarded by the heavy sound of water crashing to earth. It fell so hard that water droplets actually bounced back into the air like tiny springs.

"Need a ride?" he asked after enjoying the sight in reverent silence. Since she hadn't moved, he could only assume that either she was as appreciative of the weather, or she didn't want to go in it. He didn't really see her as a girl that cared much for the affairs of the heavens.

Standing at her side, matching her stance, he looked at her sidelong. He wondered if she would have remembered him if he was anything like the man from those long years past. Would she laugh at the connection? Hate him for hiding his identity? Or be afraid that he would out her own secret identity. He had no current plans, but it was interesting to speculate.

Foxi Doll

Alien Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

keybladegirl1993

Captain

Angelic Fairy

17,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:33 pm
User Image
Tsukiko looked a bit surprised when he spoken. Having not heard him approach her. "Depends on if someone is offering and what there definition of ride is." She said with a small smirk as she looked towards the rain. The bus wasn't coming and Ryo was apparently asleep or working. Looking down at her phone instead of looking up at him. It was clear she didn't have any messages. She wasn't about to say she wanted a ride to her apartment, because he had simply asked if she needed one. Tsukiko would be damned before she asked him for help.

Turning to look at him she noticed he was looking at her. After all she had been through, she was use to people looking at her. Yet his gaze was different she couldn't explain it as anything other than different. Quickly looking away so she could ignore him. It was late and she had working in a few hours. Looking out into the rain she didn't mind getting wet, and wasn't afraid of what lurked in the rain.

Sighing in defeat she would have just ran over to the Cafe and used her spare key, but she had take her rain coat home a while back. Holding her hand out into rain she watched it splash on her hand. "You have the kind of eyes that remind me of rain. Not in a sad way, but in the way the remind me of water..kinda like the beach...I think I once had a friend with eyes like yours...they are beautiful...just like the rain."

With that she smiled at him and looked back to the sky. Still plotting on a way to get home, mostly she was waiting for him to leave. Knowing she was going to get soaking wet the minute she left the cover of the building. "At least if you finish my dare, she'll know what you look like now. Better late then never right." With one last smile she settled on the lesser of the two evils and departed into the rain. Figuring the Dj was waiting on a ride of his own or something.

Tsukiko was starting to feel slightly unnerved by him, and she figured he was just trying to get to her. He knew her secret and she knew his. Still has face seemed so familiar, and figured he was just another face in her crowed life. It wasn't that she was talking to him for a reason. Tsukiko was never one to suppress her thoughts. If she had something to say, she said it. Though her voice would never be worth what his was, or what her face was.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:48 pm
User ImageHaving been taking a much needed drink of water, the said drink nearly was spit back out when Fyte heard the dare. Coughing a bit, she looked around the shop, wondering if she had interpreted DJ Night Owl right. By the shocked and amused faces around the shop, Fyte had. She felt bad for her friend for having to do such and embarrassing thing on air, but she also knew Tsukiko would probably make him pay in spades. Then again, she had heard of tales from people who went to the "Rocky Horror Show" from her highschool friends… though she couldn't even fathom how people could manage to pull stuff like that off.

Fyte couldn't help but worry for her friend sometimes. She had taken her fair share of Japanese classes in her time, and it didn't take much for her to piece together the mysterious people asking for "Moon Child" were really asking for Tsukiko. Fyte always feigned ignorance and turned them away, freaking out so that Tsukiko wouldn't know she knew. If her friend had stuff from her past she didn't want to tell her best friend, Fyte wouldn't ask.

I can't take it anymore! After completing another order, she headed to the back. She was not going to sit around and let her friend take this kind of messing around, at least not without some encouragement. Snatching her cell phone out of her backpack, Fyte quickly texted Tsukiko to take the dare and "shove it right where the sun don't shine." Fyte had never really been one to enjoy DJ Night Owl's behavior on air, and this just took the cake. However, in her haste she dropped her phone, causing the battery to jump out of the case and the message to be lost forever. Quickly putting it back together, she turned it on once again before heading back out to the front.

It had surprised her greatly when the show came to an end quickly after that. Maybe it was the work of his managers, maybe it was just him deciding he had wrecked enough mayhem for tonight. Either way, Fyte had listened long enough for tonight. She saw a good number of people leaving the coffee shop now that the show was over, despite the pouring rain. Waving goodbye to her fellow "pack mates", she looked at the clock. Seeing as how late it had gotten (the show always did start at a late hour) she called out to Nemo. "Maybe we should close early tonight. Everyone pretty much already left, and it doesn't seem like anyone else is gonna be coming in with this rain." She explained, walking over to the counter. Grabbing the broom, she began to sweep the shop floor.

Saia Kakaru

Foxi Doll

Alien Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:55 pm
User Image

Nemo had managed to have an idle moment, once the show had begun. Everyone that had come to support their "leader" already had their orders and sat in clumps around the shop. He wondered if Tsukiko ever realized how many people loved her around here. And it wasn't just because she was some young beauty that ran a convenient coffee house. It was who she was. The wonderful person that treated all her customers as family, no matter how frequently they stopped in. He envied her, with those open smiles and quick wit that charmed even the grumpiest who dared enter.

She even proved immune to the one person who he thought would be the one to crack her, Palian. But if the broadcast was anything to go by, then he could relax. Tsukiko sounded like she was able to handle anything he threw at her and toss it right back. However, Nemo held the seed of doubt that tried to make him worry. Palian wasn't someone to just take a defeat standing. If he found someone who could volley his games, then he might see it as a challenge. And that might make him more determined to see how well that person could play.

The very thought made Nemo cringe. He tossed his green streaked hair from his face, sighing as he leaned against the counter with his arms crossed. He didn't like the idea of letting his roommate terrorize his boss. It was bad enough that he had to deal with him on a daily basis. But he knew that he could not say anything directly either. If he did, Palian would think there was a reason and press even harder. No, he definitely had to be more subtle. But how?

Movement caught his gaze, pulling him from his thoughts. Nemo just caught the tail of an apron and a strand of ebony hair as it darted behind the counter into the back room. He knew without investigating more that it was Fyte, but he was curious as to why she seemed in such a hurry. Everyone else was in a trance, so to speak. They all sat in silence, or murmuring in soft voices so they could hang on every word. Nemo always thought Palian was a poetic dunce, but apparently it was something that charmed many.

He let out a breath he hadn't known he was holding when the show ended. The world hadn't ended, although he might have to say a few choice things to a certain DJ when he saw him next. It wasn't lost on him that he hadn't been mentioned in the show tonight, as was Palian's custom. Though Nemo hated having people listen to raunchy songs that the DJ assumed would have his secret crush swoon all over him, Nemo knew that this change of plan, or omission, was not a good sign. It meant that he had found something so interesting that he forgot to maintain his normal irritating facade.

Closing his eyes, Nemo said a silent prayer. He prayed to a God that he wasn't really sure was there, or that cared, that nothing horrible would happen to the ones that he cared about. And strangely enough, that included the man whom he suspected would be the source of the coming turmoil.

After most of the customers had fled under the thick and sudden downpour, Nemo pulled away from his counter and went to one of the bay windows. It hardly ever rained here, so when it did he always felt compelled to watch it, if only for a moment. It was a calming and mesmerizing sound.

"Yea," he replied softly with a slow nod. "Let's close up and go home." He let himself chance a gaze at the woman who busied herself with cleaning. She was always like that, always on the move. Ever since they first met, he loved watching her do that. Like she had too much energy and even when she tried to be still, her body could not handle the strain and would make her fidget to compensate. He never minded that, because it was like she spread little bits of happiness in the wake of that movement. Or maybe that was just because he was smitten. Either way, he let himself watch her for just a moment, blushed at his rudeness and turned away to go clean his station.

Hexes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff