Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Gay Slang Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:02 pm
As a straight ally who's slowly becoming less shy in this guild, I have more questions and growing curiosity. o3o

I was completely unaware that the PQUILTBAG community had its own slang terms. ... Which is kind of stupid of me, every culture usually comes with its own variation of language. Such as I, I am a nerd, thus I partake in nerdspeak. emotion_awesome

I really do love learning about slang and language in all cultures and nations. So, spout some new definitions for words I already know, and maybe some new words and generally discuss gay slang. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:28 pm
I was going to post this myself at some point, I just didn't know how to word it well. Brownie points for mind reading!  

Wandering Skald

Dapper Dabbler

6,775 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Bigbadbo3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:40 pm
Bear: Large/Muscular, typically hairy, gay man  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:46 pm
Lipstick Lesbian: Very Femine lesbian
Butch: Masculine lesbian  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

xXxXUchihaMadaraXxXx

Unforgiving Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:52 pm
Uke: Femine gay male
Seme: Masculine gay male
Seke: Can be femine or masculine depending on partner or what ever they feel like.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:14 pm
Pink Dollars: Money spent in a gay owned or operated business, or spent to help a pro-gay cause  

Bigbadbo3

Bigbadbo3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:17 pm
"On the down low": Phrase typically used to describe a gay black man who is still in the closet  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:22 pm
xXxXUchihaMadaraXxXx
Seke: Can be femine or masculine depending on partner or what ever they feel like.

These also have specific sexual connotations in Japan, Seme is Pitcher, Uke is Catcher, and that doesn't always sync up with gender characteristics IRL.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Rainbow Neko Fairy

Clean Smoker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 pm
Twink - A generally thin, non-muscular, usually small gay male.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 pm
Esiris
xXxXUchihaMadaraXxXx

These also have specific sexual connotations in Japan, Seme is Pitcher, Uke is Catcher, and that doesn't always sync up with gender characteristics IRL.

Well I'm just saying those are slang term used by a lot of people I know, I'm not saying they have to sync up :/  

xXxXUchihaMadaraXxXx

Unforgiving Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:50 am
Bigbadbo3
Pink Dollars: Money spent in a gay owned or operated business, or spent to help a pro-gay cause

Huh, that's an interesting one. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:15 am
dyke, another term for butch. it can also just be a general insult to women who are into women so know the person before you call them a dyke.

wolf is another term for a gay man, i think its an adult man on the slimmer side, i may be wrong though.

women dont have any cute slang terms like the men do sad  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:46 am
xXxXUchihaMadaraXxXx
Esiris
xXxXUchihaMadaraXxXx

Well I'm just saying those are slang term used by a lot of people I know, I'm not saying they have to sync up :/

That isn't what the words really mean, though. A uke is a bottom or the passive partner. Seme is the one giving, and is usually dominant. Passive does not mean feminine, and dominant doesn't mean masculine. It's true that there are other traits usually associated with those types of characters, but that doesn't change the actual meaning of the words.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:32 am
Shanna66
dyke, another term for butch. it can also just be a general insult to women who are into women so know the person before you call them a dyke.

wolf is another term for a gay man, i think its an adult man on the slimmer side, i may be wrong though.

First time I've ever of "wolf." Huh, 17 year-old gay teen, and I'm still learnin' new slang for my people. xp

Don't worry; everyone knows lesbians are awesome, even the gay guys. heart  

Bigbadbo3

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:49 am
Bigbadbo3
Shanna66

First time I've ever of "wolf." Huh, 17 year-old gay teen, and I'm still learnin' new slang for my people. xp

Don't worry; everyone knows lesbians are awesome, even the gay guys. heart

Boo Hoo, you're 17 and learning slang, I'm 20 and don't know most XD call me too caught up in school and work.

I really only know a hand full of terms, but I don't get into it much. I'm a versatile uke, but my mate and me take turns being dominate.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff