Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:52 pm
A Poem About Change

Today brought me something new. Something rare and something true. Though cliche, I must tell you, it was certainly a bolt out of the blue!

Hello, sun! Hello, light!
Hello, lift off! Hello, flight!

I turned in each way, as I went about my day, and saw a falling star headed my way!

Hello, star! Hello, great fall!
Hello, land! Hello, trees tall!

We collided, the star and I, and it happened in the mere blink of a eye!

Hello, feet! Hello, long blonde hair!
Hello, hands! Hello, new skin so fair!

When I awoke from what I assumed I had dreamed, my body was no longer what it seemed! The star had changed me and completely rearranged me! What a peculiar sight to see!

Hello, glass house! Hello, sunrise!
Hello, hard work! Hello, opening eyes!

At first I was scared to accept that this change was a fact. But, it grew hard to keep up with that act. So I grabbed my tools and worked all night to build myself a castle made entirely of light.

Hello, world! Hello, friends!
Hello, beginnings! Hello, ends!

And this is where the story ends, at least for now. So ta-ta, farewell, I'll be back, this I vow!

Love you dearly, may you always see your world clearly,

Bellatrix

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:22 pm
Rainy Daze

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Yesterday was drenched in rain, so I decided to quietly read in my library. I picked out two books without looking at them as I usually do, I like to be surprised, and turned to sit in my chair. My attention was grabbed by the turmoil outside of my window before I could even move an inch. I meandered towards the glass and gazed curiously out at the clouds. They swirled manically, as if filled with rage as the rain came tumbling down from within them. It was both frightening and intriguing.

Minutes passed while I stood enamored with the chaos just steps from my door. Tick, tock, tick, tock, chimes that became gradually louder with the silence in the room. My eyes fluttered as leaves blew passed my window like tiny hurricanes, but my body barely budged a centimeter. All the connections I had with the land I lived upon swam through my veins. My senses were as alive as they could ever be. I could feel the storm's wrath pulsate within my skin.

Then the lights in the room went out and I squeaked. The storm had knocked the power out! Using my abilities I lit a flame in my hand and at last pulled away from the window. I hurried out of the library and into my chambers to grab a lantern as flames without protection can often go out, even if you're a fire Pokemon. Once that was accomplished I descended down into the basement to fiddle with the power box, hoping the lights would return afterwards.

My basement is largely made of glass and stone, and thus glows and grows very hot with continuous exposure to flame. Personally, I spend most of my time upstairs and away from this part of the house, most because I haven't had the time to decorate it yet. I went down the hallway and reached the power box safely, but as I fiddled with the switches nothing seemed to work. It appeared that I'd have to wait until the city dwellers could fix the problem. Disappointed, I made my way back upstairs and into the kitchen.

I spent a few minutes cooking some rice and chicken over an open flame and carried it back up to my chamber when finished. There, I ate and finished reading my books before night fell. I lit my lanterns and settled in to go to bed. Whirling and banging could be heard from behind my drawn curtains, and it disrupted my sleep. I tossed and turned for the remainder of the night.

Early in the morning I rose to the sudden brightness in my room. The lights had come back on! I heaved a sigh of relief and went to turn them all off again. I was far too tired to start the day and resolved to get more sleep. Though I wanted to go inspect the area for damage, I could barely sit up without feeling dizzy!

I suppose yesterday's rainy day gave me a rainy daze! How unpleasant!

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:40 pm
A Day At The Beach

The beach had been calling to be for some time since my transformation and today was the day I finally gave in to it's charm. It was a very hot, humid day and the idea of swimming was more than just inviting. I rose with the sunrise and began to pack. Sunscreen, finger sandwiches and watermelon, binoculars, a change of clothing, shovel and pail, beach umbrella, my favorite book of poetry were all placed in a shoulder bag. I was full of excitement as I tied my sarong around my waist. I wondered just how long it had been since I had been to the beach. My mind wandered on the thought as I headed out the door.

My journey began once I navigated my way down the mountains and to plainer ground. The forests offered shade but little relief from the humidity. It was a muggy, sweaty walk and I was very thankful that I had remembered to pack water bottles because of my constant thirst. All the while I kept an eye out for other Pokemon and greeted any that approached me. Conversations started and ended as I exited the Chronolinear Forest and I ended up inviting a few Pokemon along for my beach day. A chipper Squirtle, a curious Mankey and a kindly Skitty became my companions for the day.

We raced each other across the Mirage Pool and straight into the glistening waters of the Whaloh Ocean. From there the four of us splashed, tumbled and dunked one another like old friends reuniting after thirty or so years of not seeing one another. The Squirtle, who I've dubbed "Dixie", thoroughly enjoyed the romping and blasted us all with a solid water gun while we ran across the sands. "Dane", the Mankey, did become upset when they stubbed their toe on a rock, but "Missy", the Skitty, gently reminded him that they were here to have fun and calmed him down. I had forgotten most of my Pokemon-like mannerisms, but the trio didn't seem to mind that very much at all. I was a still a Pokemon and I was good enough to be their friend.

Hours passed by as we built sandcastles, swam, ate sandwiches and read poetry together. The sun had begun to set upon the water and I was growing weary, but I didn't want the fun the stop. My new friends were just as fun as reading, and to me that's saying something! I didn't want to leave! Missy caught my sad expression and patted me on the shoulder. She told me that we could meet again next week, if I was free. This proposition was echoed by Dixie and Dane, and I grinned. I never really had anything to do with myself these days and I really like hanging out with them. I could always come back! With that established I packed my things and waved goodbye to my new friends with a beach day planned again for the next week.

Now that I am home, I can honestly say that I need to go on adventures more. My home is beautiful and all, but it can get very lonely here! I need to interact with others more! I can't help but wonder if there are any other human-Pokemon out there in this forest. Missy, Dane and Dixie did say that they have seen a couple running about, which gives me some hope! Maybe I'm not so alone in this, this strange phenomenon. I hope they're right! That would mean that I could have more friends!

And quite possibly more beach days, too!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:49 pm
Dream Record: Goddess Of Inferno

I had a dream. A dream of eternal fire, a dream of eternal heat. I was the goddess of Inferno, Hades's long lost queen. My hair was short and colored like a feverish ember. All around me the land was aglow. Burning, churning, twirling to and fro. Nothing could calm me, nothing could own me. I was beyond anyone's control.

Hell's inhabitants worshiped me feverishly. My staff was their honor, my voice was their law. My breath was their reason, my life was their purpose. But in all my great power, in all my great strength, I was a warm-feeling goddess. I did not believe in eternal damnation. I had heart, though fickle and feeble, and I never wished an ill upon anyone or anything at all.

Every morning of every day I would wake to the sounds of souls who could not find solace among the flames and the scorching weather. I felt sorrow for them, really I did. My home was a realm of anguish, of pain, of inescapable shame, and I had to endure it every single day. I endured it for them, I endured it for my friends, I endured it because I had to. And I endured it for fear of my own descent. A descent from all I ever knew. The fire, the brimstone, the unending cries. These things made up my home. And my budding virtuous heart, could tear me away from all of it. That simply would not and could not do.

Twisting, turning, sparkling, flame mirrored rain drops. They would twirl amongst the chains and codes of immoral law. It was the day that my abilities would be tested, the moment I could only dread.

"Burn the bridges! Burn the bridges!" The minions chanted. "They do not belong! They do not belong!"

Underneath the rule of chaos, we did not all belong. There were some that chose to leave our beliefs and escape to a "higher ground." If any of them were ever to return, I was to right them well. They would cross the bridges, one by one. And I was turn them into charcoal, burn by burn. It was the job of my mother, and her mother, and her mother before. They all had been brainwashed, they all had been controlled. It was a ritualistic title, the goddess of inferno, tradition at it's foremost and it's worst all at once. But I was different, I had avoided all of the brainwashing and retooling. I had been allowed to think and breathe a different way. I was allowed to learn from my mistakes and criticize the mistakes of my elders. History wasn't going to repeat itself, not if I could help it.

She came running across the bridge, her dark hair tumbling behind her. I recognized her face and froze as she came towards me. She had been my closest companion, my one true friend, and with the sight of her beauty, my heart quivered rhythmically. I dropped my armor, I dropped my staff. The fire around me cooled with our embrace. She had missed me just as much as I had missed her. Midst all our tears and laughter came the roaring of the crowd. They were angry at my failure, my failure to keep tradition. What came next was once my greatest fear, but after that day, it became my greatest blessing.

We were sent above ground, to the realm of the living. To those back below, it was considered exile and therefore a damning punishment. But she and I knew better, we were enlightened, we were different. Our differences made all the difference. She and I were happy together. Holding hands and making the most of what we had. She was the only one that could tame my flames and I the only one to melt her heart. We were fire and ice. And we lived in eternal harmony.

(647 words)

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:22 pm
Dreaming...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:52 pm
Dreaming...

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:23 pm
Dreaming...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:45 am
Brilliance

Loki woke with a start. How did he fall asleep?! The room was so blurry, he couldn't see straight! Dark blue eyes darted around the area while they tried to grasp onto any shred of focus they could find and connected with a pair of bright, flaming objects. What in the devil were those? They were huge, an probably ready to light the whole room ablaze! He shrunk back against the bed and wriggled beneath the covers in an attempt to hide.

"It's alright, I'm not going to harm you..."

A pair of blue ears poked out from the sheets and twisted around. Who said that? There wasn't anyone else in the room! ...Was there? He gasped and swerved into a sitting position, humiliated. He was a guest in someone else's home and he didn't even realize it! How rude! How terrible! How... Beautiful... She stood at the same height as he with an eyebrow arched and a stack of books in her arms. For once in his life, the shiny Glaceon had nothing to say. She was simply breathtaking.

'Are you alright, sir?" The girl asked, placing the books on the bed next to Loki. She scooted next to him and placed her hand gently upon his forehead. Her touch felt warm, but kindly, which Loki found himself relishing in. She must be some sort of goddess! She pursed her lips, tapped her chin, and smiled. "You've still got a fever, I can't let you leave until you've fully recovered.' She stood and walked a few paces before turning back to Loki. "Is that alright? I hope you don't have anywhere too important to be. You'll certainly be late if you do!"

"Mhm, that's fiiine..." Loki mumbled, practically melting away as he gazed upon her. He didn't have anywhere to be but back home at the castle, which didn't need any tending to for the moment. He could relax here with this stunning work of art until she no longer required his presence. Or at least until he felt well enough to walk home. Though, his gentlemanly ways overpowered his need for rest, and he moved to kneel before her.
"My name is Loki," He said, blushing. "What is the name of this beautiful girl who's saved my life?"

The girl jumped and flushed bright red, which Loki wasn't sure was a good thing or not. Had she never been complimented before? Surely she had! She was so beautiful! He gazed up to her as she lifted him back up to the bed and tucked him in, her demeanor shouting nothing but 'Don't know how to deal with that, nope nope nope!' His head tilted to the side as she turned around and folded her arms, but what he didn't see was the huge smile laid upon her face. "Miss, are you alright?" He questioned, ears pinning back slightly. Had he insulted her in some way?

'Oh! Heh, heh..." She squeaked, twirling back around to face him.

It was as if she had been humiliated! Oh, dear, oh, dear! How could he be so stupid?! His ears pinned all the way back and he twiddled his thumbs, searching for a way to apologize to her. However, she zipped straight to his side and patted him on the head, causing his ears to stand straight back up. She was smiling, albeit a bit awkwardly, but it was still a smile! He blushed furiously and breathed a sigh of relief, maybe he hadn't hurt her feelings! "Uhm..." He muttered, glancing away nervously. "I-I hope that meant no offense... You are incredibly kind..."

"Hu-Oh! No, no! Absolutely no offense taken, si-Loki!" She chirped.

Her blushing was so adorable! His heart just about melted away to nothing! Who was this gorgeous girl? He took her hands and looked into her eyes. "Could I please have my charming heroine's name?" He asked.

"B-Bellatrix! M-my name is Bellatrix..." She replied, her eyes fluttering slightly.

Oooh, certainly a fitting name! Just as beautiful as she was! Now he was smitten! How could he leave for home knowing such a being would be left here alone? He would have to feign sickness, just for a little while, so he could steal a few more moments with her. 'Bellatrix, such a lovely name!" He exclaimed, grinning. "What does it mean? Bella means beautiful, but I don't know what "trix" denotes! Please, do tell me!"

"It means..." Bellatrix paused, biting her lip. "...War-like..."

Loki paused, blinking. How unfitting! That was certainly not the right translation! How dare some mother name their child after something that involved such a violent act! Bellatrix was as gentle as silk, as sweet as a rose! He shook his head and smiled at her. "Then I will call you Bella," He said. "Because you are certainly kind and gentle. I can't imagine you ever being 'war-like!'" He paused, blushing slightly. "Unless you are the type to be strong, then this I would understand! A name well fit for one of power as well as beauty!"

Bellatrix's eyes flew wide open and her heart began to race. Loki watched in horror as she collapsed onto her side, having swooned from his compliments. He flailed and drew the blankets over her now sleeping form. How rude of him! He made her faint! But, still... She was just as brilliant when she slept as she was when she was awake.

(Doesn't count towards reqs; Here for plot purposes)

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:09 pm
An Unfinished Story

The sunset was as brilliant as Bellatrix's warm, tumbling wavy hair. Crimson hues melded into orange blossom medleys and tapered off into buttercup layers of pure gold and bliss. They had talked for hours since she woke and night was drawing near. It was far too dark for Loki to walk back alone and Bellatrix insisted he stay the night. How could he say no to such a beautiful face?

His room for the night was located in particularly high location in the castle, perfect for viewing the night sky. He stood staring out the window, a day dreamy twinkle in his eyes. To think, one false turn on the forest path lead him to all of this. Why hadn't he explored this before? If he had known that all this was just a misstep away, he would have taken the chance long, long ago.

She had a library full of information. From Fairy Tales to "101 ways to make fondue", Bellatrix had them all. Reading was one of his most treasured abilities and he almost died at the sight of all the books on the walls. Stack upon stack, row upon row, all organized in a way that only a librarian could accomplish. He was careful with the more elderly of the materials and more playful with the ones with dragons and sword fights. Either way, there was delight shining in her eyes.

Her kitchen was just as well kept. Pots and pans, spices and herbs, sorted, contained and ready for use. She had a flair with fire and a taste for barbecued chicken, which he was uncertain about. Charcoal was no-go for him and food always tasted funny when he cooked with charcoal. However, Bellatrix's cooking was a exception he made and thoroughly enjoyed. Perfectly cooked, perfectly made, perfectly... Perfect. He couldn't help but laugh at how little she knew about ice cream, though. He promised to bring her his favorite flavor the next time he came to visit.

Activities after dinner were no less than amusing. They played his favorite board game, Apples To Apples! Bellatrix was thrilled to find someone else who enjoyed the same games as she did, which was a joy echoed within Loki's own heart and words. Twenty rounds of cards, two bowls of popcorn and a Disney movie later, both said goodnight and headed to their rooms. Now, the stars were out and Loki found himself experiencing something he had never felt before. He was chilly. The feeling shook his figure and caused his teeth to chatter. What was this? Was he okay?

"Knock, knock...?" Loki said, rubbing his hands together to keep himself warm. He had gone to Bellatrix's room in search of an answer to his problem. Surely she had a book about this feeling! But to his surprise, she was sitting up in bed fanning herself, sweating from head to toe. Both looked to each other and tilted their heads, concern for the other prominent in their eyes. Loki sat down upon the bed and scooted closer to her, his body heat rising back to normal. He blinked and gazed up to Bellatrix with wide eyes. She was the reason why he was cold! But as he looked upon her, she threw her arms around him and cuddled him. Her sweating halted and her body heat returned to normal as soon as they made contact with one another.

Neither understood why they were connected this way. It was an odd phenomenon. He kept her from over heating and she kept him from freezing solid. Despite their confusion over the situation, they knew they were intertwined with one another. Towards the end of the night, Loki found himself experiencing one of the most heart pounding, mind blowing experiences he could ever imagine. She was beautiful, and she felt just the same about him. The morning light would decide if they had gone too far, but until then, not a care was given to the unkempt bed they were pleasantly sleeping in.

Morning came like a bitter sweet song, one that ended too soon. Numbers were exchanged, dates were set and places were named for later. Loki left for the mountains again with his satchel, his bag of gifts, and a fountain of stories to tell. However, one story was to remain tucked away in memory, one that they had created together. This story was still unfinished and it would take some time and care until it would be ready for others to read.

(Doesn't count towards reqs; Here for plot purposes)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:16 pm
Response to growth

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:17 pm
Securing Our Future

[Featuring Loki and Reshi]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:18 pm
Girl's Night, Pt.1

[Featuring Crystal, Sybelle, and Sarah]

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:19 pm
Girl's Night, Pt.2

[Featuring Crystal, Sybelle, and Sarah]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:20 pm
Dress Shopping!

[Featuring Sarah]

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:20 pm
Bellatrix Learns Fiery Dance!
(Fire Type Move: Cloaked in flames, the user dances and flaps its wings. It may also raise the user's Sp. Atk stat)

Hiatused Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff