Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avatar: The Last Airbender- All Nations Welcome

Back to Guilds

Welcome to the Avatar: The Last Airbender Guild; Here to talk and have fun all based on Avatar the last Airbender. 

Tags: ATLA, Avatar, Airbender, Bending, Cartoon 

Reply Avatar: the last Airbender- All Nations Welcome
WHAT IF ....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How would a storyline go with twin avatars?
  No storyline would happen- the Avatar can only be one person
  One's evil, the other's good.
  One's meant to die. He/she sacrifices his/her life for his/her twin.
  The elements are split: one's fire and water, the other's earth and wind.
  Other.
View Results

Beckygan
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:05 am
What if the Avatar were actually twins? That is, there were two avatars- both can control all four elements.

Twins are always associated with a truck load of stuff. Good vs evil; mischief; death (i.e. one dies); omens, whether good or bad; mystery etc.

I know this is rather strange and can easily be buffeted but I just wanted to hear the guild's thoughts on it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:20 am
It could never happen. The avatar's spirit can only be inside one person at a time. The avatar could have a twin, but he or she would not be able to bend all four elements.  

Queen Elegance

AccipiterFerrum

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:27 pm
Its a cool idea. I wish they thought of that instead of Korra.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:18 pm
It would be an interesting idea, but I think the spirit of the Avatar was meant to only be in one physical body. However, if something went wrong...

It may become split? There would be a lot of complications though. Like, what would happen if one of the twins dies in the Avatar State? Will the other lose their powers?

Munashii the Unseen

Informer

TJ Moon
Crew

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:17 am
Master Huntress Munashii
It would be an interesting idea, but I think the spirit of the Avatar was meant to only be in one physical body. However, if something went wrong...

It may become split? There would be a lot of complications though. Like, what would happen if one of the twins dies in the Avatar State? Will the other lose their powers?

Yeah, I agree with all of you guys in that the Avatar spirit can only inherit one body but it would be an excellent twist ...

Fanfiction mode activated!

Hey, it would be the same with genetic engineering. Do you reckon, if the Avatar world ever got to it, that they could have people with mutiple bending abilities by genetic engineering? Weird, I know, but it's a fascinating idea.  
Avatar: the last Airbender- All Nations Welcome

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games