<A> Second Impressions (Alice/Glaucon) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cibarium

Noob

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:43 pm
It was an odd story, to say the least, even by Pantheonic standards. However, the thing that made it so strange was neither the magical tarot cards, nor the bizarre castle and Court, but how incredibly similar the general idea was to the ordeal a host for a god typically experienced.

"And here that story repeated itself... through a stone, instead of a card..." Glaucon concluded. And closed the book in front of him.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:49 pm
"It is pretty similar, yeah," she acknowledged. "Except that was still me, even if I'm not exactly the same person that I was."

Thank God. She'd been insufferable. "This time, it's her."  

Meepfur

cibarium

Noob

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:02 pm
He looked at Alice, a mortal fated to be overtaken not just once, but twice, to forces beyond her control. It seemed terribly unfair. He wondered if she could remember what she had looked like, before the Tarot had taken her life over. However, he stopped short of actually asking. That would have been prying too far.

"I am sorry," he said. There was not much else he could offer. Knowing the her she was referring to, he was pessimistic of the chances that any shred of her would be preserved.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:16 pm
Sorry? Alice was surprised by the offer of sympathy, and was quick to deflect it with a shrug. "Sorry? What for?" If she was worried about how much of her would remain at the end, it didn't show. "I chose it this time, at least."

She had some doubts, but she preferred to ignore them when possible. It was just easier that way.  

Meepfur

cibarium

Noob

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:31 pm
The last needle was finally out, freeing Glaucon to sit himself up to a normal position. Eudocia gripped him by one of his shoulders and helped him up part of the way, all the while muttering nervously to herself: "Now, I'm sure we have a shirt that your wings haven't completely torn up around here somewhere, m'lord... really, we need to head down to the market and get you to a tailor..."

"Perhaps later," he waved her off. Not that it wasn't a bad idea. His wardrobe was mostly a wreck, meaning he rarely ever looked presentable. Really, it was a miracle his furniture was still intact, what with the twin sets of household hazards permanently affixed to his back.

After stepping down from the table, he returned his attention to Alice. "It sounds like it all must have been terribly demanding," the god explained. "Then again, you've proven yourself as one not to underestimate." Poor first encounters nonwithstanding, she had made quite an impression on him.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:41 pm
"It was...well, it was a lot of things." Demanding was certainly one word for it, but there were plenty of others she could come up with. She appreciated the compliment, such as it was. "But I adjust pretty well."

After all, what else could she do? Life happened, and you figured out a way to live with it, or else.  

Meepfur

cibarium

Noob

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:01 pm
"Good that you can," offered Glaucon. "Otherwise I might not be talking with you today, and that would be... a shame."

Well, things had certainly turned around for him and Alice. Kyrjadis, however, was bound to be a different story.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:07 pm
"I guess so." Alice quirked a small smile. "I should leave you to your day, though, and go and get her cleaned up." She moved to stand, cradling her restless new puppy in her arms.

"Do you, uh, want the towel back?" Because who wouldn't want a dirty dog-towel back?  

Meepfur

cibarium

Noob

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:20 pm
"Ah."

He flicked his gaze back to the towel, having practically forgotten it. The little puppy though, looked like she had taken a liking to it as a chew toy. "It's no matter. I have enough, I can spare one," he decided, scratching at his neck in thought. "But. This was a worthy visit. You have my thanks for stopping by."  
[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff