Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Why do I have such a hard time...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pompette

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:51 pm
..committing to people that I'm a FtM transgender? Even in Gaia! ...It's kinda like I feel ashamed of wanting to be male. cry Some guys on this site confuse me for a girl, 'cause of some girly stuff I got, and the way they treat me like a lady...I kinda feel bad 'cause I'm really not one on the inside, and I kinda tell them I gotta go 'cause I'd figure if I hang out with them longer they'd find out sooner or later.

And some even tell me "Are you a guy Elmo?" and I of course tell them yes and they just run off. I'd probably have to deal with this in realife one day... sad  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:18 pm
I'm thinking you should tell people in the future, that way you can start to make friends that can accept and respect you for you. Pretty generic wise advice, but you get the idea right? Friends that accept you for you, generally are the only friends that the average Homosexual has. You know?  

Malice-Senpai

Shy Seeker

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200

Sintheimp

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:33 pm
iShotElmo8D
..committing to people that I'm a FtM transgender? Even in Gaia! ...It's kinda like I feel ashamed of wanting to be male. cry Some guys on this site confuse me for a girl, 'cause of some girly stuff I got, and the way they treat me like a lady...I kinda feel bad 'cause I'm really not one on the inside, and I kinda tell them I gotta go 'cause I'd figure if I hang out with them longer they'd find out sooner or later.

And some even tell me "Are you a guy Elmo?" and I of course tell them yes and they just run off. I'd probably have to deal with this in realife one day... sad

Honey bunny, u got to be u.......dont matter if other people run away...trust me there are good people out there like me that would love to be ur friend and others that just may want more.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:55 pm
iShotElmo8D

I intentionally make my gender ambivalent.

You should check out KingGutterface on youtube, he's a FtM transgender who is super goth-y and feminine, to the point of still seeming like a female, but he's staunch on the fact that he's a boy to the point of being belligerent, hahaha.  

Hashtagihateit

KayDemon1

Durem Informer

4,550 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:47 am
I know how you feel some what. I'm a girl but I feel like a guy and my avatar is dressed like a guy and girl's would thing I'm a guy and would crush on me and I would have to tell them I'm not a guy and they would freak out and not talk to me I have some friends that thought I was a guy and had a crush on and once I told them they were fine with it so I didn't lose all of my friends ^ ^.I don't like it when they ask if I'm a guy or girl because that puts me in the corner and I'm not going to lie to them so I end up telling them the truth. And when I tell them the truth to hide that I'm Bi I would tell them that I'm just a Tom Boy girl. -_- I do not think I will ever come out and tell my mother or step dad.....  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:56 am
Aw, don't feel ashamed. I am sure that there are people that would except you and if not, they aren't your friends.

A lot of people on here assume I am a guy, though since I do have a lot of masculine traits and expressions and the fact that my avi is a male, I don't really blame them. Most people on Gaia have no problem.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:24 pm
Elmo? That makes no sense whatsoever.

(crap advice coming up, be warned!) But I wouldn't really sweat it all that much. Your avatar is clearly a guy, and your signature says you'd like to be seen as a guy, so I think most of the confusion would be cleared up there. :l

If they do get all up in your face about it and it gets bad enough, I'd probably just report them and block them. If they're gonna be like that, they're gonna be like that.

And sadly, you can't block and report people in real life. gonk

But if it does happen in real life and it keeps going on with the said person, I'd try to cut all ties with that person asap. they're probably not company you'd want to keep around you if they don't accept you for who you are.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:36 pm
Dancehall Hysteria

(crap advice coming up, be warned!) But I wouldn't really sweat it all that much. Your avatar is clearly a guy, and your signature says you'd like to be seen as a guy, so I think most of the confusion would be cleared up there. :l

If they do get all up in your face about it and it gets bad enough, I'd probably just report them and block them. If they're gonna be like that, they're gonna be like that.

But if it does happen in real life and it keeps going on with the said person, I'd try to cut all ties with that person asap. they're probably not company you'd want to keep around you if they don't accept you for who you are.

Dance, when I posted this my avi was a girl and I had the user iShotElmo8D, but thank you for your kind words.  

Pompette

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Abiron
Dancehall Hysteria

Dance, when I posted this my avi was a girl and I had the user iShotElmo8D, but thank you for your kind words.

Oh, okay. Isn't Elmo a guy, though? :l eh, doesn't matter.

And you're welcome! ^^

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:52 pm
I kept my gender identity to myself for a very long time- so I don't blame you. A lot of people like to transition by moving to another place, so I can totally understand how you'd want to keep your transition private. cat_3nodding  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:13 pm
Abiron

Seriously, if you were in my town I'd be your friend. And so would half a dozen others. WHy only half a dozen? Cause all the others I know are too wrapped up in their own issues.

DOn't give up hope. Good people are out there, you've just got to find them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:34 pm
Dancehall Hysteria
Abiron
Dancehall Hysteria

And you're welcome! ^^

When they said Elmo, they meant by username, in which people call me back then for short.  

Pompette

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:47 pm
Abiron
Dancehall Hysteria
Abiron
Dancehall Hysteria

And you're welcome! ^^

When they said Elmo, they meant by username, in which people call me back then for short.
Oh! Okay, that makes sense.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff