Submit

Sorrybutgoodbye

Interesting Shapeshifter

6,515 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:17 pm
This is a very special tree to the Elves. Rarely seen by outsiders. It is a sad tree, though, it carries in its branches the swords and trinkets of those Elves that have left this Realm behind them for more isolated locations, never to return.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:08 pm
Wren would answer no questions during the ride, knowing that it wasn’t necessary. Eruaphadion knew what he would have to do when they arrived.

As they approached the Tree, it’s power unmistakable to all who neared it’s protective borders, Wren gave a small smile for the friend she’d made so long ago. She remembered it as a small sapling and had witnessed it growing over the millennia. They’d had many long conversations in the past and she’d enjoyed every one of them.

As they dismounted and approached it, a soft whispering voice could be heard moving through the branches, “Who dares approach?” came the question in a voice that was unmistakably female yet ageless as time itself. It was an old question as well, one that followed the coronation ceremony and had happened each time she’d crowned a king or queen. Each time, the answer was different, as well as the sacrifice they made to hang among its limbs.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:21 pm
┈━═☠═━┈┈━══━┈┈━═☠═━┈┈━══━┈┈━═☠═━┈┈━══━┈┈━═☠═━┈┈━══━┈┈━═☠═━┈

Ɇɍʉɑҏɦɑȡɩɵӣ

Eruaphadion stood tall before the tree, he approached the tree, he knelt before the tree ""I Eruaphadion Son of Dûrion,and Eruraviel. Born of the Clan Ar-Sereg. crowned king of the realm of elves." he said and drew a wrapped sword from his side. and he held it out to the tree and undid its wrappings. it was a ancient sword, in fact it was the sword of the first king Durion his father, the sword his mother had taken to defend her self as she fled the battle with the baby Eru. both he and his mother thought the giving of the sword would be best for it was Eru's way of stating he would not be as his father and he wished to rule with justice not by the sword. "as is our right I have brought my offering.." he said standing and holding out the sword to the tree

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:32 pm
Eruaphadion’s answer was met with a soft sigh through the branches, “Approach then, and let us see if you are truly worthy of the hearts you wish to rule,” came the voice again, issuing a challenge that was also expected.

Each time, Wren had no idea what they would give. She’d seen everything from a treasured sword to a lock of hair to pure power. Everyone had different ideas on what they felt was worthy of the Tree’s challenge and this time was no different.

One of the branches lowered on its own, a few tendrils of vines ready to secure it to the branch and offering him a place just for his offering. A breeze moved through the area, light and refreshing, but enough to make a few of the previous offerings swing a bit and catch the light of the sun as it shown down on them with it's inviting warmth, drawing the gaze of everyone present to the many different things that others had brought here for various reasons.

Wren's golden eyes caught on a small necklace bearing a pendant formed of a sword surrounded by rose vines, her personal crest and her sacrifice on the day she took up her duties in the King's Castle.

Yes, each person to come here left something different, something that was a part of them, something that meant something special and meaningful to them...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:41 pm
User Image

Ɇɍʉɑҏɦɑȡɩɵӣ

Eruaphadion walked up the stairs to the tree, his hand touched the loweed branch and he whispered a small prayer for guidance, then to the tree. "guardian of this land, i truly did not know of what to give so hear my words. the sins of my father has mare much of this land and i seek not to rule as him hence his sword that my mother turned against him. his own sword and did fly to safety. may it be a sign that i reject the actions of my father and hold no bound with him. i seek only to heal and to help the people. i would offer my vary self if it would heal this land....in a since i am i offer my self as a sacrifice to the peoples to help them heal and to them i did give a oath. to confirm this oath i lay my fathers sword in your branch and this scroll that bears my oath and sealed with my blood. cursed though my blood be i bare the punishment of the sins of my father willingly." he whispered to the tree. then placed the sword and scroll into the vines and knelt. waiting for the trees response.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:46 pm
Wren gave a small smile and a nod at his decision, the Tree’s answer no surprise to her, “Then I welcome you, King Eruaphadion, as king and friend. Your offering and words are pleasing to me. Enough so that I will offer you this: After this day is finished, you will no longer have to bear the curse of your father,” she whispered to him, her approval obvious to everyone.

Well, the last words surprised Wren. She only hoped that the tree didn't know exactly what removing the curse would cost. But she would bear it willingly, knowing he was worthy of her gift to him tonight.

She gave another small nod to him and gestured to the horses, knowing that it was time to return to the castle to get ready for the reception.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:54 pm
User Image

Ɇɍʉɑҏɦɑȡɩɵӣ

Eruaphadion rose and with a shocked look turned and mounted his horse. would his blood curse be lifted would his family and friends no long have to bare his disgrace. Eru was caught up in his own thoughts as to what this all might mean and cost for he knew nothing was free and magick especially this deep magick had a cost.

Eru's mother who was standing close to wren noticed her reactions and face on the ride back to the castle she leaned close to wren. "what is wrong lady wren. why is your countenance so? you seem resigned to a fact you are nit look forward to. she said in a whisper so none but wren could hear. her motherly gaze and knowing eyes looked into wren waiting for a answer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:01 pm
Wren turned a serene look to her, "It is nothing, my lady... I simply wish for all to go according to plan tonight for Eru's sake," she told her softly then shifted her horse on ahead to her place as the king's protector.

She didn't like it that someone had seen her reaction to the tree's words. She knew better than that. Too much depended on what would happen tonight for anyone to interfere with it...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

cTheAngelofMusic

Lonely Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:07 pm
Eru's mother took the reply in silence and let it go, she knew wren was worried about events as was her duty but something still nagged at her. She gave a sigh and let it go. she had such a mother's instinct and she tend to be a mother to anyone younger then her or who seemed to need a mother's touch at the moment.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:23 am
It had been too long since the stranger had been in his homelands realm.

Never had he expected to come back here, but he was tired of traveling, tired of trying to settle down somewhere that didn't feel right...tired of being homesick...

The male strode up to the tree that held nothing but sadness and he took off his pack and placed it on the ground beside him. He dropped to his knees and bowed to the tree, placing his forehead on the ground.

"Forgive me.....forgive me for running away so long ago. I know I swore I would not come back...I swore to you and gave you my sword as my oath, and here I come back breaking my oath to you....I am so sorry, but I cannot be anywhere else but here in this realm.

It is my home..."

The stranger prayed and sought forgiveness through the tree he once hung his twin blades up on. It wouldn't be right to return without fully apologizing for his stupidity and turning his back on the tree that all of his kind revered.  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:44 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

After a few moments, the two blades were slowly lowered to rest gently on the ground in front of the man, the vines moving back up to give him a gentle caress before they moved up and out of sight. They were still in pristine condition and beautifully made. He would be needing them soon enough.

On the other side of the tree, however, Eru's father's sword was knocked to the ground harshly then swallowed by the earth in a soft rumble as the simple musical tone moved through the air that told everyone there was no longer a king on the throne. It meant the Guardian was back at its post and ready to test those who came for the crown...

In front of the man, the grass began to lay itself down in the form of a map, complete with directions, and an 'X' that marked the location of the King's Castle. The Tree's way of offering advice. Simply show someone something, then let them do as they pleased....  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:06 pm
As he was there bowing, he felt the air around him move and looked up to see that the tree had returned his blades back to him, in their pristine condition, before the branch gently caressed his cheek before folding back up.

As he ran a rough hand over the blade handles, he saw the tree move again and throw out a sword hard....as if it was disgusted with it, and watched as it sank into the ground.

The man didn't have to think much on why this was so, because there was a sound that he had almost forgotten.

The sound saying, there throne was empty. Looking at where the tree had thrown the other sword, he could only guess that it was the previous kings sword and he had done something unforgivable.

He picked up his blades and belted them on as he noticed a map in the grass. He studied it and burned it into memory as he was being given a hint as to where he should go.

He bowed to the tree and gave his thanks before he picked up his pack and headed off in the direction where he knew the X on the map to be.  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Elven Realm

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers