Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelain Marioneta

5,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:49 am
Well as you guys know I got a Pomeranian puppy a week ago. The pup is 5 weeks old and has its eyes open. It can eat soft dog food, and it is a girl. My dog who and girl and is 4 going on 5 this year though is out of heat and wants nothing to do with the poor thing. She has not shown any sign of interest in it and I have taken my dog around the pup almost every day but she either ignores it or just runs from it when it tries to play with her. What can I do to encourage her to try and be its friend?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:20 pm
bump  

Porcelain Marioneta

5,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Porcelain Marioneta

5,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:21 pm
anyone at all? sad

Also as an update on the pup I took it to the vet a few days ago and it has hook worms. The medicine the vet gave me has cleared them up though. My oldest dog is worm free and healthy.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:15 pm
5 weeks?! And it's away from its mother? Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. (Seeing this happen way too much lately.)

Spay your female dog if you're not planning on breeding her. It can (maybe) change temperament to be more tolerant of other females. Plus, there's a myriad of health benefits for spaying her as well.

Otherwise, sometime it takes time for dogs to adjust to new changes. When I first got my dog, he wanted nothing to do with other dogs. But over the weeks and months of continually introducing him to new dog and playing, he can't have enough of it anymore. Just give it time.  

Ailinea

Porcelain Marioneta

5,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:51 pm
Ailinea
5 weeks?! And it's away from its mother? Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. (Seeing this happen way too much lately.)

Spay your female dog if you're not planning on breeding her. It can (maybe) change temperament to be more tolerant of other females. Plus, there's a myriad of health benefits for spaying her as well.

Otherwise, sometime it takes time for dogs to adjust to new changes. When I first got my dog, he wanted nothing to do with other dogs. But over the weeks and months of continually introducing him to new dog and playing, he can't have enough of it anymore. Just give it time.

I am planning on getting her spayed and thank you for the reply. I have tried introducing her to other dogs but she is never interested in them. As for the pup its as playful as ever and thanks for the advice.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games