Reply Passport Japan日本のパスポート
I want to learn japanese

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

card_shark_21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:49 pm
what would be the best method to learn how to speak the language?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:03 pm
Frankly, there's no easy way to learn a language. It's going to take a heaps of time, practise, patience and determination no matter what.
I learnt mostly from a couple of text books (Japanese for Busy People and Wakatta). I read a lot of practise texts and found that really helped.
I would recommend buying a textbook, and working through a bit of it every day. Then start talking to others in Japanese, and never be scared of being wrong.
It'll be hard work, but well worth it.
がんばってください wink  

XIIIBishop

Miyu_Aizawa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:43 pm
Like Bishop said there is no easy way. It takes a lot of time and pratctice.
Here's something I put together, a pretty general guide to studying japanese including links.
To put it short Start with learning Hiragana and Katakana along with pronunciation rules. To make things a little easier on yourself you will want to stop using romanization as soon as possible. You will obviously begin learning vocabulary and grammar. It's really easy to find numerous basic/beginner grammar lessons all over the internet. I do suggest using textbooks. One that is commonly used is Genki, which is what I use in my college class.
And I also suggest surrounding yourself with Japanese. If you watch Anime don't watch it dubbed. Watch Japanese movies and tv dramas. The Japanese in the movies and dramas will be realistic whereas in Anime it's a little weird much like English sometimes is in animations.
While your at it simultaneously learn Japanese culture. Real culture. not just stuff in Anime and the likes. Very important if you plan to go to japan some day... which I expect you ought to.

Please also notice links in the side bar of the blog.

I hope this helps! ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:39 pm
And don't be afraid to practice. Don't be afraid to make mistakes... study hard!  

Miyu_Aizawa

GoIden Sun Mia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:26 am
For me, I learned from listing to audio CD's to learn how to speak the language. It takes time, I'm still learning though smile just a beginner with the language.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:43 pm
Im currently learning Japanese on my own too and I found a book that really helps because it keeps me interested! I tend to lose focus when Im bored....anyway, the books called "Dirty Japanese" It has everyday slang plus a TON more you never knew you wanted to know! I can say so many great phrases now! cat_mrgreen  

DresdenDawl

Dapper Dabbler

3,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Caercedas34

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:08 am
lots and lots of practice and deterimination. I recomend hanging out with a real japanese native speaker so you can get how they talk and maybe even teach you. You can also watch japanese chows with english subtitles or if you like anime, read and watch a lot of anime. I learned 50 words from just doing those things but if you dont want to, these are just suggestions.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:41 pm
My aunts BF, was telling me when he was over in Japan little Japanese children came up 2 him and 2 some others and asked them if they can help them how 2 speak English. Maybe u can find a nice Japanese restaurant and ask them if they can help u speak Japanese. IDK I'm just throwing idea's out there man. cat_smile  

dreamcatchers42

Angelic Kitten

13,425 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

X_v43rw1N_X

Dapper Noob

4,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 pm
For me, I use the website: livemocha.com
It's a site where you can learn a language and get help from people who speak that language as well as help others who are learning your language. It's a great way to learn and you can go at your own pace. It's worth checking out at least.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:47 pm
I'm learning from a site/Chrome app called Konnichi wa Japan...though, is only for spanish people that wants to learn Japanese.

Before of that had the NHK Channel that has a program that teach Japanese, but was transmitted in a very ungodly hour gonk

And before of the above had of course a text book, that told me the basics...

In my country we had the option of going to the Japan embassy whom use to offer Japanese classes for a good cheap price, so if you live nearly you can ask if they also have that option.

Practising is the secret, the basics and the writing, listening to anime/japanese news and programs to increase understanding.  

Tantooden

Sweet Glitch

Kaleidoscope_Prism

Interesting Friend

4,150 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:23 pm
My method is thinking about it everyday. Relating it to English, Like "oh, a cat. That's 'neko' in Japanese."  
Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games