Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply { Completed Events } -------- Past Event Archives Here
{ DEUS META INTRODUCTION ORP } EXIT P18 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:46 am
Dakota watched as Harrison joined him and Marcus before they went to show their demonstration for the Moon team. All in All, He didn't think he could've explained it any better then the older moon hunter and smiled. Harrison, truly a great guy.

Dakota gave a pat to Marcus. He could practically read the older Moon hunters mind.

"We do it, we do oour job right, there won't be a problem." Dakota heard Allan-Taichou briefly before sighing. Back to the desert eh?

"And of course...The Sahara." He rubbed his stomach where butterflies had not taken to a flurry at the rememberence of the land and first mission where Dakota had seen the sickest, and gruesome scene. A tar pit of bodies.

He shivered before waving Harrison off before adding..

"See ya on the flip side."

To Marcus he gave a curt nod. "You need me, I'll be around. I wanna see if I can get some runic weapons out before we leave." Mainly bandages for this hunter.

istoleyourvamps
toshihiko two

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:04 am
"Its really nice to meet you too Sasha," Tori answered as she smiled a little more while she grew less nervous around the other Lifer.

"It’s always nice to meet other Lifers. If you ever need anything I can try and help you out," she said still smiling and still slightly nervous and Aklin was murring in her head.

Tori was going to say more but saw all the division leads with there assistants and then Caelius started to talk so she kept quiet listening to what he had to say. Still not liking be called disposable or even cattle, Tori thought to herself that she would have to train harder to become fearless but right now she was a little scared as she didn’t want to have another encounter with Conquest.

Visibly shivering when Tori heard about the Sahara post since that had been her first mission with all those dead bodies and having to touch them and the smell she was never going to forget. Then hearing from Allen that they would also be heading for the Sahara as well Tori didn’t like that much, but a mission was a mission.

Thinking over what more she could get but she had grabbed all that she thought need and was ready to head out. Also seeing some of the other trainees gathering in the division Tori thought that would be a good idea as well and spotted Reine. “You can come if you want Sasha, but I’m going to go find some more Lifers, if you don’t mind as we might have tasks or something by division I think,” Tori said politely to Sasha. Then headed over to where Reine was standing. “Heya Reine!” she said to her friend once near to her.

pinchmonster

danse-hexe

naggeela

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:32 am
Bix had joined the 'Sun-circle' and hummed Jerry's song. He remembered it and actually felt a little better for it. At least until he heard it was the Sahara. The memories weren't fresh but the horror and gore were vivid in his memory. As their division 'meeting' broke up he gave Tedan a nudge and a smile.

"Hey bro.. you ready? We're going back where we had our first date." It was his attempt at a tease, something to keep their mind off the disgusting memories of their last trip.

His eyes drifted to Gale. He remember how bothered he'd been the last time, how sick he himself had gotten, and how he'd ended up ripping Otto a new one for acting like a douche. The younger hunter looked bothered, a little washed out, but whatever he was internally to keep himself together seemed to be working for now. Bix didn't approach him yet, though he'd probably gravitate towards him for the mission (as usual) but Gale could probably feel Bix's worried eyes on him.

Manda

kuromeez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:39 am
Before had refrained from joining Bix and his other Beta Bro Gale. Mostly because the Misty had figured out he was s**t in large groups (and yes, there was a difference between teams and groups and no amount of Division Leaders calling them a team was ever going to convince Before they were a team) and opted to stay in the fringes. He caught snatches of conversation here and there, and who could miss Jerry's singing? He would have joined in except he didn't know that song and the only sun-related musical number he knew was the opening to Sesame Street.

Then there was Candace trying to call all the Mistys together which he had begun to head towards. Who knows, maybe actually getting to know his fellow Mistys would prove to be one of the best things ever. Except it was suddenly briefing time and they all had to get their act together and make sure they had their gear and oh God this is it, this is where they all die isn't it?

Determined and not giving a ******** if people perceived it gay, he quickly ran to Bix and then Gale for a drive-by hugging.

iloveyouDIE

kuromeez

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:41 am
The atmosphere in the training fields was oppressive, if night outright depressing, and Jason couldn't think of a time when he was more nervous. He was surrounded by hunters, all of which were busy talking to others, discussing plans, battle tactics, and all that jazz. He found it extremely hard to focus on anyone, glancing around at everything and not taking in much.

Until he was rounded up by a another hunter. A moon one to be exact. He followed him, stopping to listen to his debrief along with the others, and just..trying to not have a nervous breakdown.

So he was supposed to find someone from another division, and defend them while they did all the attacking? Sounded simple enough, yet Jason didn't really know anyone from another division that he could defend. And the ones he knew, he wasn't sure if they had a partner or not.

As caelius gave his speech, and told them to all prepare for the mission, he took a few deep breaths to steady himself, then went to make sure he had packed everything correctly. Bandages, rope, Compass, extra coat....  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:21 am
Sherry listened, much like all the others, to the speech they were given. The Sahara? As in the same Sahara she'd been too on her first mission? Off to a great start. Thinking of that past mission caused Sherry to zone out, and she didn't even noticed she was stroking her desummoned weapon.

Armagnac remained silent, though the Life trainee could feel the wyrm's presence in her mind.

Sherry looked around as the Hunters moved to their assignments, and the trainees double checked their preparations. She smiled at those around as she mentally checked her own preparations.  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[ X_Bleeding Roses_X ]

Quotable Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:58 am
It was another mission.

Michael was not enthusiastic.

And for once… Nuucha wasn’t either.

<<It’s no fun if you die just as I’ve gotten you.>>

Which was an excellent endorsement of Nuucha’s faith in him. Please note the sarcasm.

Not that he really blamed him, first mission he nearly dies and then second he only lives because two brave souls died in his place. Not exactly what one would call an excellent track record.

Besides there was the fact it was a message from Headquarters. Michael didn’t need to have been here long to know that was bad.

So Michael could be excused for looking a bit queasy when he turned up for the pre-mission next morning. It didn’t exactly help when the elder Moon’s where concerned enough to actually give them personal instructions and a pep rally. Still, Michael watched, listened and committed the instructions to memory. Not that he knew exactly what to do with them, he assumed when they said pair up they meant Sun trainees and the only Sun Michael actually knew was Rep and he was not pairing up with him. He really needed to get out more.

Besides looking around at all the Hunters (the numbers where boggling Michael’s mind slightly, he knew they were a big organization but to see it was something else) he highly doubted that they’d be staying in one group and he didn’t know if he’d have any say at all who he stayed with.

His best guess was none at all.

Well, no time for getting a partner anyway, the debriefing had begun. Michael, like everyone around him, listened in carefully.

Fearless even against death. Oh yeah his comfort levels about this mission just dropped thirty points.

But-

What had he promised?

If you thought this was worth dying for Jos then I’ll fight for you.

You know now having been faced with his own possible death and being faced with it again he wasn’t sure if he regretted that promise or not.

Michael let out a deep sigh following after Allan, feeling vaguely comforted by the fact the massive man would be with them as despite his eccentricities he was damn good at beating down things. Though the rumble that went through the older trainees at the mention of Sahara just about negated that comfort.

…It was just a desert right?

Also, mental note: Get the training needed for those runic weapons. He kept forgetting to do that and now seeing others grab them he would have felt better if he had at least the bandages.

<<Pffft you dont need any weapon aside from me.>>

Lightning does not heal Zombie Bites Nuucha.

<<But it does restart hearts!>>

...No comment.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:07 am
Everything about this screamed bad omen in Otto's mind. He felt nervous, off center, and all sorts of not well. He waited quietly for further order, standing with the other Death trainees. He didn't even grouch when Reine or Eva fussed with him.

Yeah, he was that anxious.

Kaiyumi

Pales

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:08 am
Sydney hadn't been to the Sahara. She was only picking up on the expressions of the people around her. They made her nervous. But because she'd been told to, she started checking all of her items--flashlight, compass, gloves, weapon, food rations, rope-- The list went on, and Izy teased her gently about forgetting the kitchen sink again. But even her weapon seemed a bit on edge.

She had recently had her FEAR shield broken for the first time. That had been by Aleister--a friend that had been worried about her when it happened. She didn't know what would happen if someone that wanted to kill her broke it--

Izy said.

I know, she told him. But knowing and doing were two different things.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:16 am
Sasha paused in her conversation with Tori to listen to Caelius very, very closely. This was big. Bigger than any mission that Sasha had been on to date - and judging by the expressions on the faces of those around her, the Sahara mission hadn't been a pleasant one.

<Come, my dove. Headset.>

Jolted out of her daze, Sasha retrieved the headset, sending Clerise a sidelong glance before moving towards the runic equipment. She hadn't been certain if the redhead would be coming; and despite the woman's personality shift, Sasha was glad that Clerise was there. It made her feel a little bit better about the gravity of the situation.

<Sasha...>

Nona. It is what it is, right? If we die on this mission...

<I am here.>

I know. I'm scared. I am so terrified.

<I know, my dove.>

The mundane task of checking and double-checking the equipment was almost soothing.  

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:00 am
Caelius arrived before Candace could attempt any inspiring spiel to encourage the others they'd be okay, and to just do their best. On the one hand it was somewhat a comfort that it wasn't just the trainees that he was painfully vague with, but on the other hand that meant even when they were full-fledged hunters they would have to deal with this same ******** treatment. They were going to be led by their own leader...okay. Good. She wanted to follow Aria.

She swallowed hard and looked around at the leaders who had finally joined them. Candace saw H and her heart pounded, nervously biting down on her lip as she resisted the urge to go to him. Don't go over there. He was busy. He needed to do things that didn't involve giving you a kiss to make your hands stop wanting to tremble. It'd be okay. Don't go over there.

Oh. They needed headsets. Right. "I'll go get our headsets. Wait here." She said to those around her, slipping away from Mercedes and Molly to head over and grab enough headsets for the Mists. As she passed Clarice and H she lightly trailed a hand down H's arm, smiling up at him and the blonde before continuing on her way. Okay, that did make her feel a little better. She'd be okay. They all would.

She heard Justin discussing..game-sounding things with Saya. He was still doing that? Ugh. That idiot. "Justin." Candace called as she approached the three. "Hey~." She gave Saya a little wave before holding a hand out to offer a headset to Justin. "Here, you can't get on the vent channel if you don't have this on, so take care of it. Alright?" She smiled, waiting for some sign of understanding before she moved on. He may have been strange but he was a big boy, he could take care of himself for a few more minutes.

The Sahara. The last time they'd been there..the very memory was enough to make Candace cough into her sleeve in an attempt not to gag outright. "I have headsets, guys." She said to all surrounding Mists who had yet to get a headset on their own.

lizbot
Zoobey
Random Artist
MISTS WHO WANT HEADSETS, YO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:05 am
Rep was being touchy; that was nothing new, though, and Jordan sighed internally. Before he could attempt to do anything about that, though, Caelius was speaking, giving vague instructions and what appeared to be his attempt at an inspirational speech. Maybe. Close enough, anyway.

The Sahara. They were going back there, probably.

Headset, chain, kit bag; Jordan reconfirmed what he'd brought with him, spent a quiet moment with his eyes closed, thumb stroking along Ferros's ring as he wordlessly asked if the weapon was ready, got back confidence, support, ferocity. They were afraid, yes, but that wasn't important; they were ready to fight.

The text from Maddie made him smile. "Always does," he replied to Jerry, and tapped out a message on his phone, a deliberate echo of something he'd said once before. There was a name he didn't recognize in the list Maddie had sent; had he missed a waking? He'd have to check, after the mission.

to Phoenix Squad

See you on the other side, guys. A1

Frigoris

Nio Love

x_Nata_x

Bilious

danse-hexe

Random Artist

He sent the message, then tucked his phone back into his pocket and went to find Rep. He'd go find Harrison, too, in a minute; neither of them had defined what this thing between them was, but the Moon hunter was his friend, at the very least.

Rep was off at the edge of the crowd; he was tense with apprehension, undoubtedly ready to lash out at anyone to take the edge off. Jordan moved up beside him and rested his hand lightly on Rep's shoulder, saying nothing.

Baneful

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:18 am

He was utterly seething, completely and utterly furious. Even as Cael spoke up he found it surprisingly hard to listen to the instructions they were given, but he could tell that at the very least, Tracey was. He was very slowly starting to warm to the angel as his replacement common sense, and simply let him do the paying attention while he nursed his anger quietly.

Great, more chance to get into fights.

And then there was a hand on his shoulder, familiar, very familiar. He blinked fleetingly in surprise and glanced behind him, half way inclined to chew out whoever it was for interrupting his sulking. But as he realised who it was, who he'd hoped, there was no way. It felt like there was a heavy weight in his stomach suddenly, and for a few long moments he couldn't even find words. The rage just slowly ebbed away whether he wanted it to or not.

He looked away at the ground, his voice quiet. "Sorry about that little..outburst. I just. I get so ******** angry when people try and make light of this s**t. I know they are trying to help."

Prolixity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:28 am
Jordan nodded. "Just wanted to check on you," he said. "I'm pretty wound up myself. Too much to worry about, y'know?"

Baneful

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:36 am

He nodded, he knew. "Yeah." There was so damn much he wanted to say. He settled for very subtly reaching up to place his own hand on the one on his shoulder for just a fleeting moment. "Just don't forget to ******** worry about yourself too somewhere in there, right?"

Prolixity

{ Completed Events } -------- Past Event Archives Here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces