Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Border Collie??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elly_the_lost_penguin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:40 am
So today i was walking Milo and somebody asked me what breed he is and i told them that I believe he's an australian shepherd/dalmatian mix. She was petting him and she told me he's mixed with a border collie not australian shepherd because of the way his shoulders are built. She said border collies have a different structure so that they can crouch down low and move quickly when they are herding. Does anyone know if this is true? I plan on asking a vet next time i get a chance but i would like someone else's opinion other than some random lady on the street.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:52 pm
that sounds very possible honestly. Borders are sleeker, aussies tend to be short for their length. The muzzle of an aussie is typically a bit shorter and the ears form more of a triangle. Those are really the only distinguishable differences between a B&W border and a B&W aussie with a tail. But if Milo is part dalmation, where do those big ears come from?  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Elly_the_lost_penguin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:17 pm
Some people say his ears look like blue heeler but milo has a friend from the dog park who is a bc/aussie mix with ears just like his but with longer fur so I don't know.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:44 pm
Clearly we need lots of pictures in order to squeal over hi- I mean... in order to give you our guesses. wink  

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:26 pm
Come to think of it...I have seen Border's with pricked ears. They still look large for his head. I agree with Savage, more pics pplleeaassee  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:16 am
yay I get to brag!!! all of these pictures were taken in december when i was playing with the settings on my camera

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  

Elly_the_lost_penguin

Akari_32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:58 am
Do you understand how ADORABLE that dog is?? *.*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:11 pm
Hehe yep he's adorable. And he sure knows it too.  

Elly_the_lost_penguin

Akari_32

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:14 pm
How old is he (I might have missed that?)? He looks like he's got lots of filling out to do lol  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:22 pm
He's about a 13 months but the pictures were when he was about 10 months  

Elly_the_lost_penguin

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas