There were no vocal objections, even though she noticed the little male cub, Lutum, seemed just a touch put off. While his expression hadn't obviously changed, nor had he actually voiced anything, his body language seemed just a touch defensive.

Not that she blamed him.

She had just told them that their father - she wasn't sure the lion even deserved such a title, if what Ezequiel told her was true - had abandoned them without seemingly a second though. And now she, a complete stranger, was actually going to care for them and be their new found mother. It was going to take time to gain their trust, and (she hoped) someday their love. She had wanted cubs for such a long time, but unfortunately, it had been something Kiwi'lan and she had been unable to achieve.

And with his . . . . disappearance. . . .as well as her refusal to find a proper King from the selection of lions in her midst so soon, there was really no other way to have a family. So, she would be unconventional. She would adopt. . . . let the Viziers say what they want, there was absolutely no harm in this. Just because there was no proper King didn't mean she couldn't raise an heir.

And, the goddess had blessed her with both a son and daughter.

Tradition would live on, even if its roots began a bit strangely. Smiling gently at the two, she slowly rose to her paws. "Well then. . . I think it's time we go home for the night. Ezequiel?" She turned to call forth the cheetah who had originally stumbled upon them. "Help me bring the two back to my den. I will be personally raising them. . . "

To say the cheetah was stunned by this turn of events was an understatement. But . . . he was not going to argue with the queen. Such was her decision, her choice. And at least the little ones would be going to a loving mother. Dipping his head, he conceded. "As you wish, Majesty."

Such was the start of a new life . . . for cub and lioness alike.
[.fin.]