Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meizzkey
Vice Captain

Aged Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:20 pm
Think back to the seventh grade (or if you are in the seventh grade, then just think of homework), where you were asked to take the boots of a migrant worker from the 1800's and write a letter home.

While looking through an old game strategies book my dad owns, I came across a letter addressed to Zelda herself referring to the storyline of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. It reads:

"Dear Princess Zelda:

I don't mean to sound disloyal or anything like that, Your Highness. But I risked my life so many times and worked so hard to try to rescue you from the evil Ganon so many years ago in
The Legend of Zelda.
Now they tell me you're under his spell again! Don't you have any soldiers of your own? Why me?
Oh, all right. I already have the first two pieces of the Triforce: Power and Wisdom. I may as well go for Courage.

Your loyal subject, Link."

If you were Link, what kind of letter would you send Zelda or your favourite character?
Take them from any game and be creative with them! : D

And don't make them steamy love letters either, some people may get offended, or are too young to even comprehend something like that.

P.S.: This book is called Ultimate Unauthorized Nintendo Game Strategies written in 1989!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:38 pm
Meizzkey
Think back to the seventh grade (or if you are in the seventh grade, then just think of homework), where you were asked to take the boots of a migrant worker from the 1800's and write a letter home.

While looking through and old game strategies book my dad owns, I came across a letter addressed to Zelda herself referring to the storyline of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. It reads:

"Dear Princess Zelda:

I don't mean to sound disloyal or anything like that, Your Highness. But I risked my life so many times and worked so hard to try to rescue you from the evil Ganon so many years ago in
The Legend of Zelda.
Now they tell me you're under his spell again! Don't you have any soldiers of your own? Why me?
Oh, all right. I already have the first two pieces of the Triforce: Power and Wisdom. I may as well go for Courage.

Your loyal subject, Link."

If you were Link, what kind of letter would you send Zelda or your favourite character?
Take them from any game and be creative with them! : D

And don't make them steamy love letters either, some people may get offended, or are too young to even comprehend something like that.

P.S.: This book is called Ultimate Unauthorized Nintendo Game Strategies written in 1989!
>unauthorized

In otherwords, the people who actually wrote that were ~/~, ~/~ piles of ~/~ that ~/~ and love ~/~ on themselves and ~/~ ~/~ all over the ~/~ thing they're ~/~ of.

Put simply, take it with a grain of salt. It's not canon, let alone authentic..  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Meizzkey
Vice Captain

Aged Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:42 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
Oh, I know it not canon at all. This thread was simply here just for some good old shits and giggles and to get people's imaginations flowing.

And honestly, the letter was entertaining to read, even if it was falsified, 'cause really, what would Link say to Zelda (if it were the same Link), if she kept beckoning him to save Hyrule? XD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:46 pm
Meizzkey
TerashiLeonGoken
Oh, I know it not canon at all. This thread was simply here just for some good old shits and giggles and to get people's imaginations flowing.

And honestly, the letter was entertaining to read, even if it was falsified, 'cause really, what would Link say to Zelda (if it were the same Link), if she kept beckoning him to save Hyrule? XD
And I ruined the fun because facts. orz

Still, I'm sure he'd have more to say than that. Though back in those days, as peaceful as Hyrule was (when Ganon wasn't involved), I'm not surprised that the Princess had no guards. Not that the guards she had in the Twilight Princess era did her any good. :B  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Meizzkey
Vice Captain

Aged Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:11 am
TerashiLeonGoken
Haha, no worries.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say what he actually wants to say because in most games, he's trying to get brownie point so that maybe, just maybe, he'll score some good ol' quality time with the princess.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:08 am
Meizzkey
TerashiLeonGoken
Haha, no worries.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't say what he actually wants to say because in most games, he's trying to get brownie point so that maybe, just maybe, he'll score some good ol' quality time with the princess.
That's the fans' theory anyway. xD  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
..::The Hangout::..

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers