Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Lorelei's Place~

Back to Guilds

Tags: Role playing, Contests, Arts, Chatting, Gathering grounds 

Reply Roleplay Forums - For 1 x 1
Beyond the Maze- Open Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:21 pm
He nodded looking to his king but remained silent till the day was over. He would let the king and queen retire for the night and continue with planning the security of the ball coming up that the goblins wished. He'd also have to invites to their closest friends give just in case.

Erin had been tired by the end of the day, smiling as she went to sleep with her husband. She always slept well in his arms. She would wake earlier then normal the next few days blaming the possible cold, though wouldn't alert Jareth. He seemed to have enough to handle the closer this ball was to come. Again Twink and others would pester her about what she should wear as the queen, all with the notion of making their king speechless. She was thankful Twink's comments were all in friendly play. She would walk with Midas through the halls after the run taking a break from the planning. There wasn't much really left save for checking the preparations. She stopped a moment, her skin growing pale as she felt nauseous once more. Though at Midas's reaction she shook it off as nothing. "I'm fine Midas, really. Just a cold." She smiled and started walking once more. Another few corners though and she simply stopped.

He had kept watch over her unsure as she seemed to become nauseous more often, and trying to hide it. He noted the silence though and turned as she started to fall and caught her. Though she woke shortly after. He looked to her helping her stand and started leading her to Slack's office. "You need to be looked at. Clearly it is more then a simple cold." Once there he would knock and let her in and rest in a chair despite her protests that she was fine. "Forgive the intrusion Slack, perhaps the tests are in? She has had more nausea episode, and a fainting moment."

"Midas I'm fine really." She looked to him then went into the room as she ushered her. She sat in one of the chairs feeling dizzy still but wouldn't let them know. Last thing she wanted was for them to worry then run and tell her husband. She didn't think Jareth would need to worry over a simple cold. "Again, it's probably just a simple cold."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:52 pm
Slack jumped as Midas and Erin came rushing into his lab, and watched as Erin was set into a chair. He noticed how weak and ill she seemed, and nodded, finally confirmed by the tests. "Just in time, actually. The tests are finished, and you'll be happy to know, you do not have a cold." He watched as Erin sighed, and then spoke again. "However, I will inform Twink to prepare the nursery for a future guest, as it were." He watched Erin, waiting to see her response.

Jareth looked to Erin's side of the bed as she left, just thinking how happy she was, and wondered how to keep the fighting at bay. He decided to get dressed, and conjured a few orbs of crystal, and made classical mortal music play through them. Upon finishing dressing himself, he simply stood, and began addressing what seemed like the wind. "I know you are there. You know, you don't have to hide any longer. I'm sure you'd be welcomed more than you know."  

Wolf McNugget
Crew

Destitute Lunatic

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:10 pm
Erin looked to Slack confused. "A nursery? Why who's having a baby within the palace?" She sat up looking to how serious and oddly happy he seemed. She looked to Midas though he seemed happy, he also seemed worried as it finally dawned on her and she stood rather quickly. "Wait, me? I can't be pregnant... I've been damaged too much internally.." She let the last drift off as she thought about the possibility. "I should tell Jareth, or should I wait?"

He closed his eyes as the realization hit him of Slack's words. He mused in her reaction, though her last statement and that she smelled mortal bothered him. "The queen is mortal yes?"

She looked to him puzzled. "Of course I am. I thought everyone here knew.. Oh sorry, I assumed you knew. I was sure his parents had. But why did you ask if I was a mortal in that way?"

He looked between her and the other. "Does she know about what happens? I do not wish to bring the Queen or the king down in a happy moment, but are you My lady prepared for what is to come then? And accept this?"

She rose a brow feeling confused. "I'm sorry, I'm not following. Prepared for being a mother? Not really, I didn't think it were possible. I mean mortals and immortals having children is I mean an ancestor from lord knows how many aeons ago had, just thought I was too damaged physically to carry. But hey, how much worse can it be then being a queen I mean right?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smoke would fill a small corner, though the voice would appear above the bed. "Awe I didn't know you cared for me like that big brother. I accept then, give us a hug." He'd hop down though made sure to be out of striking range. "Father has been getting the impression that you don't want to help the fight Jareth. And after he gave you that beast too. Honestly glad to be rid of that filthy fur ball. He never played my games fairly." Puck smiled in his formal running attire. He smiled to his brother before skipping about. "So that mortal queen of yours. She's a dish isn't she, Father would just love her to bits."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:12 pm
Slack looked to the now frightened and slightly befuddled Erin. "It's okay, Erin. You'll be okay. It's quite possible that you have merely healed over time, or it could be due to the power that you hold inside. You know, not just anyone could control that heartstone and come out to live through it. TWICE! That takes a special kind of energy on its own, my Queen." He looked to her, confused and unsure of what was going to happen, or if it really was even happening at all.

Jareth turned suddenly, hearing the one person he did not want to deal with at this point in time. "You! I thought you were someone else. I should have killed you when you were born. Might've saved a few lives from their insane torment you've put them through. Speaking of..." He summoned his sword, and lunged it at Puck. "I've been meaning to repay you for what you put Erin and I through! Oberon's wishes or not!" He scared him a bit. He hoped. That was enough for now. "As for their war, I am not particularly interested in putting my queen through that crap ever again. However, I do believe this time to be quite impossible to completely ignore the fighting." He sighed, then looked back to Puck. "So. Which one sent you? Oberon? Or mother? Either way, I feel as if you are here to draft me, are you not?"  

Wolf McNugget
Crew

Destitute Lunatic

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:21 pm
She looked between them a moment unsure. She could see them hiding something. "Slack, I understand that part. I don't have magic, if you recal, I barely survived both times. But you're not telling me something, I can see it. Is it something I should discuss with my husband? He'll be happy, won't he?"

"I am sure his majesty would be pleased. Do not worry my queen. You should be happy to have a little one around." He looked to her seeing she wasn't buying it but thankful when she sighed letting it drop.

She looked between then unsure but let it go. "Next then, not obviously having been in this situation before, what should I expect? obviously this child may have magic, so am I going to be like a timebomb with it? Will they grow into magic after birth? And how should I tell jareth?"

he dodged here and there seeing his brother's anger. "Oh now now brother, killing me would only upset mother. She's the one that kept father from attacking you over marrying a mortal girl afterall. But no father sent me. The war won't come as long as the other houses keep blissfully unaware of your, shall we say tastes. Especially the darkmorne family." He smiled moving away. "Just be glad, you know where home is if you change your mind." And with that he was gone.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:15 pm
Slack looked to Erin, and simply thought for a moment. "Well, it shouldn't be any different than any other birth, mortal or immortal. Since you're mortal, though, it may be a little different. Probably 9 months term as usual, and you seem to be about 3 months now, almost. Morning sickness, but I'm sure you know about that. There may be some future complications that I am not aware of, but we will still keep researching and looking into this particular case. But for now, I say just try to be safe and careful, and don't do any more strenuous exercising. At least until the baby comes." He didn't say, though, that most births that come from a mortal woman and immortal man, usually end up with the child draining the life force of the mother. He did not think that would happen this case, but would still work on a way to prevent it in the off-chance.

"I see. So most of them don't even know she's mortal? Their 'sight' must be growing poor with age. So be it. I am not hiding, and nor will I make Erin hide. I am proud to call myself her husband, and I am not ashamed. But since you are here, send a message back to that miserable father of ours. tell him that I do not plan on fighting, and if he doesn't like it, then he can come here himself and talk about it. Understand?" He knew it would upset Oberon, and frankly, he wanted to piss him off. He hated his father.  

Wolf McNugget
Crew

Destitute Lunatic

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:47 pm
"Your funeral brother. You know if he comes it won't be pretty and wouldn't that just upset you poor mortal queen." He smiled and left the kingdom. No point to stay unwelcomed. Though the information he received. Was more valuable then the others may realize.

He watched the Queen a moment as she would question then leave them. He sighed heavily looking to the other. "The king knows of the outcomes for this does he not? We should tell her shouldn't we? She's made it this far without incident, what's to say something won't soon?" He paused a moment shaking his head. "I like these rulers. They are not like Oberon. They ask how I am and do not send me to a life in a maze. I prefer not to see them harmed in any way."

Erin nodded looking to them before deciding to speak with her husband. She would let Midas stay with Slack if he wished as she went to see Jareth. She was nervous but happy. She soon entered the room. Seeing her husband a bit upset. "Jareth? What's wrong?" She went to him hugging him and kissing his cheek. She'd wait a moment though before taking his hand in hers. "I have something we should, well need to talk about. She smiled kissing him once more placing his hand on her stomach and pulled back still holding his hand to her wondering if he my catch the subtle hint. "Slack and midas apparently have better senses... you have an heir comming"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:21 pm
Slack looked to the large beast-man as he stayed behind, and began to talk about the pregnancy. "I am not sure that it would be wise for us to bring up just yet, Midas. As much as it needs to be talked about, we have a celebration to prepare for first. Jareth's orders. But also, I don't want any upset during the ball. For the queen's sake, at least."

Jareth looked to Erin as she walked through the chamber door, and brushed off Puck as he evaporated, but not for good. "Oh, nothing. Just an old acquaintance I'd soon rather see buried under thirty tons of cement and water. Nevermind that, though. How are you, my love?" He kissed her, and then put his hand on her stomach as Erin brought it there. He felt the faintest of energy from her that didn't seem to be part of her. "You mean.... a child? Are you sure? Is he? I mean..... It's rare enough for mortals and immortals to have children, I'm just surprised a bit." His thoughts suddenly raced back to two years ago, when he was told about the possibility of this happening, and what might occur. But he swore to himself a long time ago, that should it happen, he would make sure it wouldn't. "Well!! This coming ball is cause for even more celebration, wouldn't you think?" He smiled at her, kissing her again.  

Wolf McNugget
Crew

Destitute Lunatic

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:36 pm
Midas nodded looking to him. "So then, almost three months in. Considering the wars going on with the immortals, we should be on even more guard with her. Most immortals would not like this news." He looked to him then the doorway a moment before sighing heavily. There was too much darkness outside this little world of goblins. He had begun to care for this realm despite his short time here. "I will assist in anyway and not let her from my sight lest others such as Twink, you or the king are present." With that he would nod and move from the room to keep his promise to guard the Queen.

She smiled as he registered what she was saying and nodded happily. "Yes, I apparently haven't been at the top of my game, Midas noticed and had Slack take a look." She hugged him a moment before pulling back. "He say's I'm about three months into it." She kissed him once more holding his hands. A thought of something she didn't think possible to give him. "I'm glad I can give you this love. I will admit, I thought I was too damaged to be able to have a child." She smiled knowing she should tell Twink. "I should speak with Twink on it." she paused still sinking it in as she held her stomach a moment. "I'm going to be a mother... I don't know how to be a mother... mine wasn't really ever around, and Sarah, well, was Sarah.... I'm sure you'll be a good father, after all you took care of Toby for a bit... But, I've only taken care of myself growing up," She paused as it began sinking into her mind and the worry was filling her thoughts.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:03 pm
Jareth looked to Erin, and went to her as she began to have doubts in herself about being a mother. "Hey, now....." He wrapped his arms around her, cradling her. "You'll be a terrific mother, Erin. You spend most of your time with the goblins here as it is, and they are practically children themselves. They all love you, and so do I. So don't you think on that 'bad mother' bit for one moment, alright? Besides.... I think we should start coming up with names, don't you?" He smiled at her.  

Wolf McNugget
Crew

Destitute Lunatic

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:11 pm
She nodded looking to him. "I suppose you're right." She said a bit playfully. She looked to him hugging him once more resting her head on his shoulders. "I suppose it would be good to be prepared with a name, but what should we pick? Has to be names for both boy or girl. I don't know what it is yet or if it's too early to know." She thought about Slack a moment wondering how well his medical training was. "Do you think Slack would be able to find out? Or maybe bring me to the mortal realm for checkups?"

He walked the halls heading to find the royals and nodded seeing Midas outside the door as if a guard. "They're both inside?" He watched the minotaur nod and knocked before entering. "Majesties, pardon my intrusion, but one of the ball planners are asking about a date to be set as the last thing needed." He paused a moment curious to their expressions. "I've missed something haven't i?"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:38 pm
Jareth looked as Slack entered the room. "Ah. Twink. Perfect timing. It turns out, that our dear Erin, will be expecting a child in a few months. So, I was thinking, that not only should this be a celebration for the entire Labyrinth, but how about a welcoming party for our soon-to-be heir?" He went over to Twink, and brought him over to Erin. He then took his hand, and placed it on Erin's stomach. "See? The energy within her is strong."  

Wolf McNugget
Crew

Destitute Lunatic

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:47 pm
He looked between the two a moment unsure if they were playing a trick on him. Though as the King moved to him and placed his hand on the queen he felt a blush, though it faded fast feeling the magic. "Well, it will be strong, especially with that much magic this early." He smiled at his friend seeing their excitement. "And heir! Oh we must spread the news. Better yet, We'll keep it secret till the party. But majesty, what color for the nursery? Where perhaps would you like it? Within you're room? Or just outside?" He went through a list of things in his mind. "Then we'll need proper nanny's just in case of course, and teachers also." He trailed off seeing the look of the queen and nodded. "I shall get this going for you Lady Erin, you'll not have to worry over anything. Just relax." With that he hummed happily and left the room.

She chuckled hearing Twink and his reaction. She shook her head as he would leave and held her arms around Jareth. "Will you still love me when I get all fat?" She said it jokingly as she kissed his cheek.

The following month would go by and she had noticed the pregnancy starting to show more. Another few days and it would be the ball. The great court just within the castle gates was all set and ready save for the actual event to come. She felt more nauseous as the days had gone by and more activity within her. She had been lucky catching the short bursts of the magic from the child within her and sighed. She looked about her garden happy in thought before turning to head back to Slack for another check up on the progress of her. Aside from the sickness in the morning and the slight magic bursts she had felt no real difference though the beginning of kicks seemed annoying when she was trying to sleep. She would knock and enter his lab smiling. "This kid is one heck of a squirmer, can't seem to sit still at all. I may have my hands full when he or she finally arrives."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:25 pm
"Don't fret, your majesty. I'm sure that you'll do great. And we're all here to help you in your hour of need as well, Erin. Which reminds me. How are you to visiting the mortal realm for a few hours? I have an old friend who lives in the States that owes me a favor or two. Luckily, he's also a doctor, or at least was. Either way, I'm sure he could help with some testing and check-ups. A goblin city is not precisely an ideal place to give birth, my dear." Slack went about some of his old books, looking for something. "Ah! Here it is. His address. Well, if you want, we can leave anytime. Just let me know, and remember to call me Jack there."  

Wolf McNugget
Crew

Destitute Lunatic

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

30,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:36 pm
She smiled and nodded taking a measured breath. "Well, ready whenever you are I guess. I kind of want to know what it is, if we can." She would wait for him and soon feel the magic leaving the area around them. As she looked about the mortal realm she hadn't realized how much it had changed. She felt movement once more and could tell the child was protesting. She would follow with Jack till finding his friend. She would wait patiently till the other was convinced and moved to the table. As she watched the monitor she felt the cold of the scanner and was afraid of what the child could possibly do if there was a magic burst. As she looked to the screen she tried to sit unsure if she saw what she had thought she had seen. "Doc, Jack, is it me.. please tell me that isn't two different pieces? My baby, it's okay right?" She felt panic wash over her knowing babies shouldn't look to be in two pieces or halves. "Jack? It's okay right? We would know if it wasn't right?"  
Roleplay Forums - For 1 x 1

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff