Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ORP] Tis the Season to be Shopping Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:03 pm
Jerry had left his uniform behind. He wouldn't need it where they were going. He had no winter jacket with him, and he wasn't quite sure where the portal would head, but hopefully his freshly laundered brown suit and sweater vest would be enough. And hopefully no one.... 'State-side' would ask about the scars. He wouldn't be the only one, anyway... if anything their group would just look like a bunch of ruff-and-tumbles.

Well. More or less.

He checked his watch, fidgeting just outside the portal that would lead them back to more familiar grounds- the first time any of them would be BACK back since their recruitment, who-knew-how-long-ago. He was excited, but nervous all the same. But a bit of old-fashioned Holiday shopping would be good for all of them! A touch of normality in their otherwise ridiculous, horrific lives.

He wasn't quite sure about going alone, though... but hopefully the others would show up soon.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:10 pm
Robert showed up at the portal wearing an outfit that had been left for him in a box from someone named JULI-. While normally he would never wear this outfit to save his life, he just felt so fantastic today. He was going to buy himself a ring for his fiancee. He was REALLY FREAKIN' EXCITED.

So excited, that he was dressed like an elf. Sans hat, but otherwise...

Yeah.

Yeah.

Robert was dressed like a giant elf.

"SUP JERRYYYYYYY." He called out, patted him on the back hard.  

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:15 pm
Candace had also opted to leave her coat behind, opting for a gray peacoat, a cream sweater, a smaller scarf that was bright and colorful compared to the rest of her outfit, jeans and warm boots instead of the usual cute and colorful attire she had been opting for lately. She even had gloves tucked in her pocket just in case. She'd lived in Boston for four years, she was prepared for <******** freezing. Though it'd be different with shorter hair. Oh crap. She had to avoid places she knew. She couldn't go to Texas, and she definitely wouldn't go to Massachusetts. She didn't know anywhere else though! Where would she g--oh hey! Jerry~! She brightened considerably when she spotted him waiting by the portal off the island, though she seemed..happier than usual. Was it just because she finally got to see the 'outside' world after so many months? Maybe...huh. She'd been feeling very cheerful since waking up this morning. She almost thought it was Christmas morning. That's how she felt.

Weird.

Whatever.

"Hey, honey." Candace chirped cheerfully as she approached him, leaning over to give him a kiss on the cheek and giggling. "Are you celebrating Christmas this year or should I buy you eight presents to give you one a day~?" She had no idea if Hanukkah had started yet or not. She knew next to nothing of the holiday except the basics. Menorah, eight days, presents. Yay.

It was then that she noticed Robert. How could you not notice Robert.

Oh.

My.

God.

Candace burst out laughing, clinging to Jerry for support to keep herself standing. Why was she laughing so hard? She didn't understand why she was laughing harder than she usually would. But oh god...OH GOD! HE WAS GOING OUT IN PUBLIC DRESSED LIKE AN ELF AHAHAHAHA! "Robert! Where did you get that?! PFFTAHAHA!" It seemed she had forgotten she hated him?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:16 pm
Jerry blinked as the slap to the back made him stagger. Mouth open wide. He closed it again and tried very hard not to laugh.

This was a very difficult matter.

"I.... ahahahahahha... er.... H-hel-.... ahahahahahaha Robert, what are you wearing?" At the very least, he felt relieved after their recent spar had gone... not so well, he was still speaking to him. "You are aware we're going out. In public. With civilians. Right?"

Still giggling, he turned to give Candace an appreciative kiss to the cheek, "You don't have to get me anything, Sugarplum" He smirked, "Just having a human shield between me and the Elf is enough, ahahahahha..."  

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:34 pm
Even the laughter of the two did not get to him. Robert was feeling far too excited to care. "Yeah, yeah, get your laughs out now kids. Because I am gonna buy my woman a ********' WEDDING RING tonight, and ain't nobody or nothin' gonna bring me down. Besides, didn't all of you get that package from Julie?" He crunched up his face, unaware of why he would be the only one to do so.

"I KNOW we're going out in public. This is a Christmasy outfit. Who's going to question me?" It was certainly Christmasy, and he was certainly not the kind of man that someone would walk up to and.. question.

He cracked his knuckles and grinned. "I'm ready to ********' shop, man."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:37 pm
He called her sugarplum and she giggled, giving him a proper kiss against his lips and smiling. It was short and sweet. Hehe! He called her plum! Only one other person ever called her his plum~. "You know I will though, Jerrbear. Because you deserve," Another kiss. "All the presents." One last kiss and she was done, slipping her arms around one of Jerry's and hugging him close with a happy keening noise. She was in a very good mood for some reason!

A human shield, huh? "I'll protect you from the elf, gumdrop." Where the hell did gumdrop come from? It must have been the sugarplum thing. It had to be. Even Atropos made a small noise of disgust for her calling Jerry gumdrop. Seriously, Candace? "Elves are tricky buggers. Never to be trusted. Especially the ones that want to be dentists instead of elves."

Upon Robert's announcement he was getting Petra a wedding ring Candace actually stopped laughing to give him...a very excited look?! What the hell, Candace?! You hate this guy! "Awww, Robert! That is SO sweet! Isn't that sweet, Jerry? I want a rin--wait. No. No I don't. Noooo rings." That would be far too serious even if there was no marital meaning behind the ring. Plus, she had Atropos! She couldn't wear rings! Though thankfully Robert's question about a package from Julie distracted her and she blinked.

"Well, yes. She gave me my new coats and...a reindeer costume. I'm not going anywhere dressed as a reindeer." She wasn't that crazy.  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:05 pm
"Yeah, I have to agree with her on that. No reindeer costumes. Anyway, that costume has an actual full head, and that'd just make it hard to see." Jordan wasn't dressed much differently than usual, but that might be because his sense of style ran to simple, or possibly lazy - jeans, a t-shirt, a jacket, and boots. "I feel kind of weird without my scarf," he said, and fidgeted with the collar of his shirt. Nevertheless, he looked relaxed and not particularly upset about it. It was going to be a good day. He could tell already.

He patted his pocket one more time. Yep. Wallet still there, along with the ID he'd been provided. Of course it was; but he was a little paranoid since that mission. Just a little. No harm checking.

He opted not to comment on Robert's ... outfit. Yep. It certainly was an outfit.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:19 pm
At Candace's joke, Jerry's face went white, stiffening in terror beside her, but that moment was fleeting as Jordan thankfully came to the rescue with a distracting change of topic. "W-w-well, I'll find something nice for you," He smiled shyly, smiling over to Candace before giving her hand a squeeze. He just had to figure out WHAT. Maybe it was something in the air, or just a general sense of well being, but he wanted to get her something NICE. Something perfect!

"We probably could have gotten away with the scarves, actually!" Jerry brightened up, "Er... at least if they don't have too much blood on them..." That counted his out, anyway, and had been one of the reasons he had left it behind. "Anyone have any idea where we'll be going? I might need to pick up a coat."  

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:30 am
"I saw Julie with one on. Noooooo thank you." Candace laughed, shamelessly snuggling close to Jerry while they stood and waited for whoever the boys were waiting for before they left. She wouldn't stay with them, she had presents to get! They couldn't see! Noooooo. Damn Jerry was warm and cuddly today. She almost wanted to drag him back to one of their dorms and just snuggle for the rest of the day. No seriously. Snuggling. No sex. Just. Snuggling. Ohhhh with cookies and a warm mug of hot cocoa. Yes. This sounded way more fun than shopping. "I feel weird without my scarf too, so I wore one of my old ones. My uniform scarf is too long, I worry it'll get caught in stuff. That and yeah...like Jerry said. It's got blood on it. Oopsiiiie." She giggled. Why was she giggling? She didn't know!

Candace kissed Jerry's cheek and then put her head on his shoulder. "I'm sure whatever you get me it'll be great. Find out what Jordan'n Robby the Elf want too and send me a text, 'kay? Presents for everyone~." She whispered conspiratorially, grinning with excitement. She wanted to get everyone presents! All The Presents! Yay!

"Iiii can't tell you where I'm going or it'll give away the surprise. I have a list though." Yes. A list that had grown almost twice in size this morning. She just...felt...so generous all of a sudden!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:38 am
Marcus showed up. Then he saw Robert.

And promptly went into another room to start laughing.  

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:42 pm
Madison was ready to go. Ever since the night before, she'd been filled with happiness that had nothing to do with possible mysterious contaminants. And yet, ever since her morning shower, that happiness had grown immeasurably. If she'd been having happy holiday thoughts before, now she was practically... uh... holidaygasming.

... Or... or something.

"Ho-ho-ho-hellooooo, everyone!!" she called out as she approached the portal, energetically waving one hand high above her head. "Are you ready to, like, shop 'till you drop?! Retail warriors, activate!"

... Maybe it was the Joy. Or maybe it was just Madison facing the prospect of going to a mall for the first time in months, with more money than she'd ever had in her life. It was kind of hard to tell.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:58 pm
Candace saw Marcus come and go and snickered. She had to give him credit for being polite enough not to laugh in Robert's face, but at the same time they had all done it what did it matter!

She didn't have time to dwell on it. Someone else had arrived. Another girl! Yaaaaaay! Candace laughed at her greeting and released Jerry to wave in Madison's direction. Another woman she could shop with! Ye, please! "YES!" Candace cheered, throwing her arms around Madison in a tight hug with a squeal of pure joy. A girl! A girl to shop with! Eeeeeeeeee!  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:12 pm
Madison stumbled back under the sudden hug, but she didn't seem to mind - indeed, once she got her balance back she hugged back just as tightly and jumped up and down a little bit. "Let's do it!!"

And then she saw Robert.

Something in Madison's head skidded to a halt as joy warred with instinct. High-school programming said: omigawd that is so lame what a loser. Joy programming said: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee he's so festive!! And neither process wanted to back down.

Thus bereft of any committed, rational thought, Madison... stared.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:49 pm
"Mine's red, doesn't show the blood nearly as much, but it got a bit burnt. Heh. My own fault, really." Jordan chuckled. "Maybe I can pick something up while we're out." Though really, the whole purpose of the trip was to be getting gifts for everyone else - man, that was a nice thought, wasn't it?

Candace had cuddled up to Jerry, and it was actually ... kind of cute. Okay, so there was still some degree of jealousy involved, but it wasn't really bothering him. Was he finally starting to be capable of some degree of objectivity over this mess? That'd be nice too, Jordan reflected.

Marcus arrived, took one look at Robert, and departed, presumably to go snicker somewhere where he wouldn't be in danger of getting punched for it. Probably smart. Heh.

Madison's arrival distracted Jordan again, at least in part because of what she was saying - retail warriors? Where in the world had she gotten that from? She looked happy and enthusiastic, at least. Until she spotted the elf costume.

After about ten seconds of Maddie just staring, Jordan walked over to wave a hand in front of her face. "Mission Control to Madison," he said, and tried not to laugh. "Are you in there?"  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:11 pm
Breaking line-of-sight seemed to work; Madison blinked, focused, then peered at Jordan over Candace's shoulder. "Oh, hi Jordan! I'm here, I just..." Her gaze flicked back to Robert, but thankfully she didn't freeze up again. "Wow."

Apparently that response satisfied both sets of 'programming'. She released Candace and took a step back. "So, like, are we gonna get going already? Holiday shopping awaits! And manicures! And Starbucks!" She wiggled her fingers at Jordan mischievously at that last statement. Ooh, fear the big bad overprocessed bean. Ooooh.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff