The Day After Yesterday! Week 13 Thoughts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:24 pm
Who says you have to wait till January to experience the Playoff atmosphere?

1. First teams to clinch playoffs spots- Today two teams have clinched a trip to the playoffs after the regular season has ended. The Green Bay Packers escaped a close one against the Giants, but by virtue of a Bears loss to the Kansas City Chiefs today the Packers have clinched a playoff spot. And the Lions loss to the Saints have allowed the Packers to win the NFC North, guaranteeing them at least one home game. The San Francisco 49ers posted their first shut out of the season on their way to winning their first division title since 2002. But with New Orleans winning neither the 49ers or Packers can rest as both need to fight hard to try and secure a first round bye. The top three AFC teams have won, and 4 teams are sitting at 9-3, yet neither have been able to secure a playoff spot yet. Showing that it will be much harrier going forward in the AFC race than in the NFC one.

2. 12-0 vs. 0-12- The Packers were facing OT against the Giants after Eli Manning managed to tie the game with only :58 seconds left, but Rogers worked his magic and got his team into Field goal range for a last second victory in what was the Packers closest game of the season. The Colts Trailed New England 31-3 at one point, but sloppy play in the 4th allow the Colts to climb back in and lost by only one TD 31-24. Leading one to think, could the Colts have pulled it off if they just had a little more time? So the question is, which one is most likely to fold first? If either team manages to get that 1 on their record? The Pack takes on AFC Wests Raiders and Chiefs in the next two weeks, then finishes against the Bears and Lions in divisional match ups. The Colts play the Baltimore Ravens next, then finishes in rematches against divisional rivals Titans, Texans and Jaguars. Who has the edge in getting that 1? At this point, I would have to say the Colts have the better chance of going 1-15 than the Packers in finishing 15-1. Unless the Pack wraps up home field, I don't see a possible loss coming any time soon.

SHOUT OUT PLAYERS!
Frank Gore- (RB 49ers) This might be a bit of a biased shout out, his numbers today, 21 carries for 76 yards isn't anything grand, but Frank Gore broke a team record for most rushing yards in franchise history, surpassing Joe Perry's mark. Any time a player breaks such a long lasting franchise record like that, deserves a shout out.

Cam Newton- (QB Panthers) His passing marks today, 12-21, 204 yards and 1 TD isn't anything great, but getting 54 rushing yards and 3 TD on the ground is grand for a QB! Teams need to take Newtons rushing ability into account when preparing a defensive scheme against this team.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:24 pm
You give your thoughts, so I'll give one of mine!
THANK YOU AFC!!!! Thank you for being such a giant mess! I love when everything gets decided last minute and with the AFC being so congested as it is, who knows who'll win what?! Even my fave team, the Ravens (as if you haven't figured that out by now), haven't locked up the AFC North! It's such a tight race this year, which makes it so entertaining! I can't wait to see how this scenario unfolds!  

Sincerely Metalhead

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:41 pm
Silver Ace Revolver
THANK YOU AFC!!!! Thank you for being such a giant mess! I love when everything gets decided last minute and with the AFC being so congested as it is, who knows who'll win what?! Even my fave team, the Ravens (as if you haven't figured that out by now), haven't locked up the AFC North! It's such a tight race this year, which makes it so entertaining! I can't wait to see how this scenario unfolds!

I agree with you 100%. Part of the reason why I said in my opening comment why we didn't have to wait til January to experience the Playoff atmosphere. But yes, I always enjoy it when people post their thoughts as well on my threads.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:53 pm
Locks and Bagels
Silver Ace Revolver

I agree with you 100%. Part of the reason why I said in my opening comment why we didn't have to wait til January to experience the Playoff atmosphere. But yes, I always enjoy it when people post their thoughts as well on my threads.

I cannot wait to see how the AFC playoffs go. The only AFC division that is basically locked up is the AFC South, but even the Texans have the Titans in their rear view mirror still. Plus, the AFC West is probably the biggest toss up this year. I think the Chargers have blown it this year, but the Raiders, Broncos, and Chiefs are in a deadlock race to the finish! It's going to be explosive! Or photo finish. Whichever. smile  

Sincerely Metalhead

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:08 pm
The Titans are putting pressure on the Texans and will make this a close race til the end. The Jets are still alive in the East, but a win by the Pats and a loss by the Jets next weekend will end the AFC East race and the Pats will go back to the playoffs. I think it's safe to say that Norv Turner's coaching days in San Diego are done with. No matter how they finish the season, The Chargers are pretty much out of the West race, KC got a huge win today, but the race, realistically is between Denver and Oakland. In the north, It will be a fight to the finish between the Ravens and Steelers, only fitting for the biggest rivalry in the entire NFL right now. But I'm also eager to see which two teams who fail to win their divisions manage to clinch the two Wild card spots.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:41 am
Go Niners....

Superbowl~!  

Nyuupyon
Captain

Just A Black Cat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:29 pm
Its funny, the Eagles are still in the playoff picture too I think. I'm just going to go ahead and say this: Panthers are looking good. I'm a die hard Patriots fan (I can't believe we actually let the Colts almost come back on us) but I am going to make the Panthers my second favorite team (Not a fan, but root for them to do good) before anyone else jumps on their bandwagon. I see them as playoff contenders here in a few seasons.  
The NFL Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games