Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply The Sibylla: MODERN MYTH
Immortals (SPOILERS MAY BE DISCUSSED)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:31 am
Anyone seen it?

I actually quite liked some parts, others not so much.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:53 am
I've seen it...and a little disappointed. :S  

Bittersweet Cantarella

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:36 am
Bittersweet Cantarella

How the gods could be... well... yah know.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:59 pm
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella

There's that and also, there were only about half of the Olympians there and I got the sense that they were trying to cram in way too much in one movie. Of course, that's Hollywood for you. They don't care about the accuracy, so long as they're making money.  

Bittersweet Cantarella

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:25 pm
Bittersweet Cantarella
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella

There's that and also, there were only about half of the Olympians there and I got the sense that they were trying to cram in way too much in one movie. Of course, that's Hollywood for you. They don't care about the accuracy, so long as they're making money.

The only accuracy I really saw what "Old Man Zeus" and the eagle form. At least they kept that side of Zeus going.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:04 am
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella

The only accuracy I really saw what "Old Man Zeus" and the eagle form. At least they kept that side of Zeus going.

Yes, very true. Oh and that they chose actors who are young to play the Greek gods!  

Bittersweet Cantarella

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:22 pm
Bittersweet Cantarella
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella

Yes, very true. Oh and that they chose actors who are young to play the Greek gods!

I always saw Zeus as mature-old and fatherly. Athena is alright, young and fair.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:09 pm
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella

I always saw Zeus as mature-old and fatherly. Athena is alright, young and fair.

I found it funny that the guy who played Zeus in that movie also played Apollo in Clash of the Titans ^-^  

Bittersweet Cantarella

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:11 pm
Bittersweet Cantarella
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella

I found it funny that the guy who played Zeus in that movie also played Apollo in Clash of the Titans ^-^

Heh... that is kinda like how um, I forgot his name... but he played like 3 different marvel heroes and a DC hero... Kind of silly if you think about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:22 am
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella

Heh... that is kinda like how um, I forgot his name... but he played like 3 different marvel heroes and a DC hero... Kind of silly if you think about it.

Ryan Reynolds? I guess they're just THAT good biggrin  

Bittersweet Cantarella

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:27 am
Bittersweet Cantarella
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella

or that cliche?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:51 pm
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella
Qyp
Bittersweet Cantarella

or that cliche?

Hollywood. Whoever has the most popularity/great looks gets most of the roles.  

Bittersweet Cantarella

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
The Sibylla: MODERN MYTH

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items