Submit

Blue Eyed Wallflower

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:19 am
Francesca Lia Block is a great writer who does a more realistic take on humans as faeries. Some of her books you might like are I Was a Teenage Fairy, Violet and Claire, and Wood Nymph Seeks Centaur.

The Pixie Tricks series by Tracey West is perfect for you if you like a fun series about all sorts of pixie and faery creatures. If you can manage to find some of the original books somewhere, it's even better, because they come with a sheet of glitter stickers to match the faeries in each book.

There's also the book Afternoon of the Elves by Janet Taylor Lisle, which I think would be up your alley. It's a really good kids book that's mysterious and sometimes a little sad.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 am
Prelude to Murder
Or you could try The Golden Book of Faerie by O.R. Melling which has 4 books in it. The Hunter's Moon, The Summer King, The Light Bearer's Daughter and The Book of Dreams.

I would definitely recommend these to read, if you haven't already.
I've only read the first two, but they both had this air to it that was very fantasy-like and... I can't get the words right; the the tone of the book was magical. Kind of like Wildwood Dancing actually. Or maybe that's just me.
Oh, but I believe there's a sequel to Wildwood, but I don't remember the name of it.
You could try looking for other books by the same author, though (:  

i W Y N N

Garbage

Harmonic Tune

Astral Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:41 pm
Omgosh Im sorry I cant remember the name! It was really good tho. There was a character named tamera like the stone. Fairies have this limit of magic power being born and its color coded like say green was weak and purple was powerful fey. The main character saves or was it being saved by a guy who cant find his dad. A red head boy and the girl grants him a wish to find him in this telescope thing. I thought it was called "Wings" but its not tho I think it has something to do with that word. Sorry my explanations jumbled up. Plz quote me back if anyone knows this book. I know theres a second book i havent read  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:17 pm
Found It!
User Image  

Harmonic Tune

Astral Phantom

Marnomy

Pure-hearted Pumpkin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:06 am
    A Great And Terrible Beauty trilogy by Libba Bray.

It has a fantasy theme (and I remember there are some fairy-like creatures mentioned,) and it's set in the late 1800's. My favorite series of books ever!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:42 pm
Wicked Lovely -melissa marr

Memory's Wake- selina fenech

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
18. ✿ - - - Books

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items