What a Great weekend of Football! What a Great build up for the Playoffs! I can't Wait! Actually I will be missing most of the playoffs and probably the Superbowl this year for the first time in decades since I will be moving to Japan January 5th. But I'll enjoy what I can for the time being.

1. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good- For the first time since I've started betting money on football going all the way back to week 4 I finally won a Whopping $260. In pick six parlay I took the Falcons, Lions, Packers, Cowboys, and 49ers for my first 5 teams, my sixth team was going to be the New York Giants who went into the game against the Eagles heavy favorites. But when I went up to place my bet the attendant told me the Eagles/Giants game was called off! Having to resort to my back up pick I went with the Bears over the Chargers. Well the Bears won their game, and the Giants loose their second straight against Philly. If the game wouldn't have been called off I would have been a looser for yet another week. Instead I finally won and am in the Green! Speaking of Giants...

2. Blown opportunities- Several teams came into this weekend with something to prove and in big games to try and get ahead of the game, or just prove a point. The Giants had an opportunity to all but eliminate the Eagles from the NFC East divisional race and remain a game ahead of the Cowboys. And in what was projected as their easiest game in a rough 5 game stretch, they dropped a golden opportunity to stay ahead of the Cowboys and pretty much end the Eagles chances once and for all. Instead they are stuck in a first place tie, and the Eagles are back in the race only 2 games back. AND with their next two games against the Saints and Packers, they are facing an uphill battle. The Buffalo Bills started this season as one of the hottest teams, last week they saw first place tie slip through their fingers with a huge loss against the Cowboys. This week they were in a "Must Win" situation going up against divisional rival Miami. Instead of keeping pace with New England they dropped another huge game. New England can still loose Monday night, but if not they will have fallen back two games after being so dominant early on. Next week is a must win as the Jets and Bills face each other once more. The winner will stay on the heels of the Patriots, the looser, will be struggling to stay competitive down the stretch. Finally Cincinnati, two weeks back they were in a first place tie with the Steelers and Ravens. Facing the two back to back they had an opportunity to prove they belong in that class. Instead they lost both games and have fallen behind in a very rough division. They still proved a point as their toughness goes only loosing both games by a TD. But with two more divisional games coming up in the next two weeks, this team finds itself in a critical position. Wildcard teams are starting to get competitive with one another, and two big losses in consecutive weeks to divisional rivals have given other Wildcard hopefuls a chance to try and knock off the Bengals in the next few weeks.

3. Thanksgiving Day Games!- Several seasons ago I was questioning the NFL's decision to go with three Thanksgiving day games instead of the usual two. Do we really need THAT much football on a day we should spend around family? The answer is YES! Three big games are set and I am eager to watch them all. Dallas tries to take the division lead over New York as they play a hot Miami team which has won three straight and playing teams tough. The 49ers play Baltimore in a battle of NFC West leader vs. AFC North leader (The Harbaugh Bowl) And in a matchup people have been eager to see all season, Detroit against Green Bay, can the Lions really be the team that can take down the undefeated Packers? Lots of great scenarios on Thursday, so serve your Thanksgiving day dinners around the TV, and enjoy the company of your family and friends with what will be some great football.

PLAYER SHOUT OUT!
Kevin Smith (RB Detroit Lions)- No not the Clerks and Chasing Amy Kevin Smith, but the Lions RB who helped the Lions come from behind against the Panthers with 140 rushing yards on 16 carries, 61 receiving yards and two TD. The Lions might not be playing as good of football as they were when they started the season 5-0, but this win and that performance gives them a lot of momentum going into a huge game against Green Bay.

Jordy Nelson (WR Green Bay Packers)- Staying in the same division, Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be an MVP candidate if it weren't for his receiving weapons, and Jordy Nelson showed us all why with six reception for 123 receiving yards and two TD. Rodgers will continue to look/play good with Nelson and crew playing at this level.