Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sacred Grove

Back to Guilds

A guild for Pagans of all stripes. Spirituality and religion-focused, celebrating nature and the gods. 

Tags: Paganism, Pagan, witchcraft, Goddess, Wicca 

Reply General Discussion
Essays for New Pagans Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What charity?
  Animal shelter
  Cancer research
  Alzheimers research
  Homeless shelter
  WSPA
  Child's Play
  Other
View Results

CalledTheRaven
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:28 pm
oOGarrettOo
Sanguina Cruenta
Esiris
For the essays- how many citations should we have? My paper requires at least 10- 2 scholarly journal articles, 2 credible books and 2 credible websites plus 4 or more to make 10+

I don't think it's terribly important. These aren't academic after all. Maybe 3? It would depend on the subject and how many sources are available. Just write the thing and then stick sources in afterwards, same thing as you do with uni.

rofl rofl rofl

I didn't do that at Uni! I worked really hard on my paper! It took me two hours to write, damnit! xd
Wow, a whole two? I usually did them up in the hour before class.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:20 pm
CalledTheRaven
oOGarrettOo
Sanguina Cruenta
Esiris
For the essays- how many citations should we have? My paper requires at least 10- 2 scholarly journal articles, 2 credible books and 2 credible websites plus 4 or more to make 10+

I don't think it's terribly important. These aren't academic after all. Maybe 3? It would depend on the subject and how many sources are available. Just write the thing and then stick sources in afterwards, same thing as you do with uni.

rofl rofl rofl

I didn't do that at Uni! I worked really hard on my paper! It took me two hours to write, damnit! xd
Depends on the length requirement. One page give me 15-20 minutes. Two pages 30-40 and after three it goes up into hour as I typically then start getting into quotes and proper citations and the like.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:03 pm
CalledTheRaven
It's a good thing I paid attention to it. Turned out that my topic of choice was the prof's minor and he studied it a shitton x__x I got a B. But wasn't around to enjoy it long as I had a heart attack shortly after he told me I impressed him with my accuracy on the subject.

It's too bad I skipped class so much xp In my defence, it was dead cold and I was often sick or just unable to get the ******** there most of the time.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:00 am
oOGarrettOo
CalledTheRaven
It's a good thing I paid attention to it. Turned out that my topic of choice was the prof's minor and he studied it a shitton x__x I got a B. But wasn't around to enjoy it long as I had a heart attack shortly after he told me I impressed him with my accuracy on the subject.

It's too bad I skipped class so much xp In my defence, it was dead cold and I was often sick or just unable to get the ******** there most of the time.
Well done. Me, I'm a horrible procrastinator and none of my papers are ever shorter then three pages. I don't know what it is but my school just loves assigning essays. I had a ten pager for mythology and I had one for a bio class that I didn't think was even half done at five pages but still somehow managed to get full marks. School can be highly confusing can't it?  

CalledTheRaven
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Esiris
Crew

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:35 pm
CalledTheRaven
oOGarrettOo
Sanguina Cruenta
Esiris

rofl rofl rofl

I take hours and hours to write my papers. cat_xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:36 pm
I typically do end up spending hours as I end up adding in citations and the like in order to support my thesis's and the like. For me though if the paper is intended to be more along the lines of a simple reflection then I don't put as much time into as I could. The more indepth the paper the more time it takes for me to write something.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers