Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:40 pm
User Image

Al-Hattal lounged in the icy city of the gods, stretched out comfortably but still alert. His tail flicked lazily back and forth as he kept an attentive eye on his surroundings, but he wasn't here for the scenery...well, not the inanimate scenery, anyway. It was lovely and all, but he was here for the goddesses. As a mortal, he'd had the pleasure of a few chance encounters, but now he could actively seek them out! Or sit and wait for them to happen by, as it were, which was exactly what he intended to do.

What wasn't to love about a goddess? Except their ability to make you regret offending them, if you slipped up in some way that displeased them. They were exotically beautiful, endlessly fascinating with their wings and other exceptional features. He, in comparison, was as plain as one could be, still solid black from his eyes to his tufted tail, with nothing whatsoever to distinguish him from a mortal, save perhaps size.

Not that he minded! As it had yet to inhibit his...productive inclinations, he didn't particularly care.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:03 pm
User Image

Mtima'safi's bravery came in bursts but more often than not she was hanging around the gods' haven in this life. Her few ventures down to the world of mortals had been less than productive, which wasn't helping her uneasiness about going there- and she still didn't understand why she was so reluctant to leave. The older she got, the harder it became to entertain herself, however, and the more she sought out the company of other gods. Of course, she would only approach those who were apparently nice and.. well, not scary.

She saw a lot of gods come and go and only rarely dared to approach them. When she spotted Al-Hattal, a dark spot amidst the clean white glow of the haven that looked more like a mortal.. he stood out just enough to warrant further investigation. With no obvious reasons to be cautious and after some initial hesitation to let herself feel shy, she openly approached him.

"Hello there!"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:31 pm
Al-Ha, though he'd noticed the brightly-colored goddess approach out of the corner of his eye - it was hard not to - but he still acted pleasantly surprised when she came up to say hello. He offered a charming, friendly smile, and rose to his feet unhurriedly but politely, then a bent a foreleg and tipped his head in a sort of informal bow. "Why hello, Miss."

Her hair was quite lovely, longer than a mortal lioness'. "It's quite a pleasure to see someone else about on this fine day."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:47 pm
Looking positively delighted when he smiled and greeted her so charming and politely, she gave a slight nod of her own, beaming at him. She was already very impressed and, with his uniquely plain form, she was all the more intrigued.

"Oh yes," she agreed brightly, "You stand out in the snow." It was a lame remark but it was the first thing on her mind and it justified her approach- though he didn't seem to mind at all.

"I'm Mtima'safi, goddess of souls," she introduced herself after another pause to look him up and down. She had exactly zero idea of what his domain might be- and he looked rather young compared to most gods.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:55 pm
Al-Hattal chuckled, a deep-throated and pleasant sound - something he had praqcticed, but would never admit. Wooing females was essentially the sole purpose he had in life, so he had to do it well. "I suppose I do." He glanced at his paws, as thought noting this himself. "I could say the same for you - you're quite bright, in the best way possible, of course."

"I am Al-Hattal," he offered in return, "God of Rogues." A rather simple domain, compared to hers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:15 pm
Mtima smiled. She did stand out in the snow and ice, but not in the same way. There was a great contrast between him and his surroundings, in more ways than one.. but she wasn't sure how best to word that-- and the compliment served as a happy distraction. Who didn't like compliments?

"Thank you," she giggled, perking up when he introduced himself. Suddenly it made sense, why he looked so modest. And despite her apparent fear of mortals, she wasn't at all put off by his domain. His charm might have had something to do with that.

"What are you doing all the way up here, then?" she asked with a smile, "Quite far from any rogues, I'd guess."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:18 pm
"You're quite welcome," Al-Hattal responded with a cheeky wink. The goddess' little butterfly companions were fascinating, almost distracting, but he rather preferred her smile.

"I like a change of scenery now and then. You never know what you might find."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:46 pm
She liked him, she decided. He was nice and interesting, it was hard not to like that.

"Not much for changing scenery up here, but you certainly see all kinds of different gods," she said thoughtfully, "You're one of the more interesting ones, I think. You look like you'd fit in in the mortal world as much as up here." Mtima was always smiling, she meant nothing bad by it though she suspected there were some gods who wouldn't like it. But he had no wings, no horns, no jewels..

"I like it," she added, in case he was offended.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:17 pm
"I'm glad you think so." Al-Hattal looked quite flattered by the compliment, and in fact he was - he knew he was and always had been a prime example of a lion, of course, but approval from an exotic creature like a goddess was something special!

"Well, theoretically, any god could fit in if they wanted," he allowed with a chuckle. "I don't really have a choice." The way he said it, though, indicated that he didn't mind.

"But since you approve, well, I won't complain." The dark-eyed god winked.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:43 pm
Mtima decided not to argue with him, though there wasn't really much to argue. She smiled shyly when he winked at her, pleased that he seemed to value her opinion so. She did wonder about what he said, though.

"Are you any good at illusions?" she asked curiously, almost daringly, "You're not hiding something spectacular, are you?"

It seemed silly to do it around other gods but it was a valid question and she was curious. She wasn't very good at illusions, it tired her out very quickly- she was kind of jealous of those who could pull it off well.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:06 pm
"No, nothing spectacular," he answered with a laugh, "This really is what I look like. I am starting to get the hang of illusions, though..." To demonstrate this, he shifted his form to that of a wild dog - something he was becoming quite fond of. It did, after all, open up a whole new realm of conquests!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:13 pm
She wasn't expecting a demonstration of his illusory abilities, given his short lead-in. She jumped when suddenly there was a wild dog before her, but immediately looked delighted.

"Very impressive!" Mtima squeaked excitedly, "I can't manage more than hiding my wings, and I get tired if I try to keep it up too long. I don't think I could do something like that."

Truthfully, she had never tried anything more complex than small superficial changes, assuming something grander would take skill and energy she just didn't have.

"What else can you do?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:24 pm
Al-Hattal struck a brief pose, unable to help himself. He was very glad, and a little relieved, that she was impressed by his demonstration! He suspected some gods would have dismissed it as ordinary, just another of their common powers, but luckily Mtima was not among them.

"That's all I have so far," he admitted, returning to his natural form and shaking out his mane. "Well, and I can sort of float, but I think that's only impressive to mortals." He'd been rather disappointed at first not have wings, but it hadn't taken him long to figure out that he apparently didn't need them. It was some consolation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:33 pm
Mtima giggled at his pose, not letting it go unnoticed. She was looking at him fondly when she finally picked up on exactly what he was implying about himself saying he'd only figured out so much so far. Not that she needed to hear it from him that he was a newer deity, she could see it in his soul. He was young, though not physically.

"Flying can be fun but I think the illusions are better," she said, "It's too bad I'm not any better at them or I could help practice. I think I'd be better off having you teach me."

She managed to stop herself asking about his immortality directly and, while he didn't seem like he needed an ego boost, it couldn't hurt a newer god to hear some positive feedback, right?

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:41 pm
"Why, I'd be more than happy to practice with you," he offered with a charming grin and another slight bow, aware that she probably hadn't meant it entirely seriously, but...well, he'd take any excuse to spend more time in her company (with his usual goal in mind, of course).  
[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff