Welcome to Gaia! ::

Debate/Discuss Religion

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to discussing and debating different aspects of various world religions 

Tags: religion, faith, tolerance, discuss, debate 

Reply Religious Debate
Curious Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:34 am
Orgasmic Shadow
So i've been curious about different religions. i'm Christian and i have been raised in the household to know God and love him. However; a lot of my church friends have called several other religions to be "of the Devil" well i know a few people who are of those different religions and they aren't bad people. In fact, they're a lot nicer than my church friends. So i've been curious, i'd like to learn about the different religions that have been Demonized. Particularly Wicca, that seems to come up in the discussions a lot. Though i have a friend who practices, i'm not able to sit him down and talk due to work getting in the way. So can anyone here help me out???

Oh and if you aren't gonna help me and just sit there and thump bibles all day, don't post, we don't need that clogging up this forum.
I don't know if you're still active or not but if you are interested about the heresy Gnosticism, I'm willing to share.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:04 pm
Orgasmic Shadow
So i've been curious about different religions. i'm Christian and i have been raised in the household to know God and love him. However; a lot of my church friends have called several other religions to be "of the Devil" well i know a few people who are of those different religions and they aren't bad people. In fact, they're a lot nicer than my church friends. So i've been curious, i'd like to learn about the different religions that have been Demonized. Particularly Wicca, that seems to come up in the discussions a lot. Though i have a friend who practices, i'm not able to sit him down and talk due to work getting in the way. So can anyone here help me out???

Oh and if you aren't gonna help me and just sit there and thump bibles all day, don't post, we don't need that clogging up this forum.

Huh, this is a first. I've heard of Churches mainly attacking Atheism, but I guess that's just me being ignorant and focusing on Atheism. I sure hope they are actually telling you what their beliefs are (or lack of beliefs). But yeah, there are hundreds of other religions out there, but which are particularly demonized? We have wicca down, but what others? Can you give us a list, so anyone with knowledge of such religion will know to contact you?  

Kusugari

6,975 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

chessiejo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:15 pm
i know many denominations that consider almost anything else to be of the devil.

some people despise me because i do not speak in tongues.

others because i have been known to consort with (gasp!) gays.

others because i simply do not adhere to their doctrine.

Examples include Church of Christ, Evangelical Brethren, Seventh Day Baptist, Adventist, and Christian Missionary Alliance.

A local CMA Church refused to join us in a Crop Walk to fight world hunger because by consorting with the rest of us they would become "unequally yoked". The "rest of us" were Free Methodist, Evangelical Free Church, Presbyterian, Episcopal, Baptist, and Lutheran.  
Religious Debate

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff