[PRP] Life of the Party ( Raposa & Kiume) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:41 pm
User Image

Raposa looked around the celebration, pleased that it seemed to be going so well. Sikukuu's Vuli's clan had pulled out all the stops for this one and it seemed to be running smoothly. Most of the games were well under way and the food rocks seemed to be managing the balance between keeping the gourds full, but not over filling them. Now the musicians had set up, and the happy reels were beginning to fill the night air, yes all seemed to be going very well.

The reddish cheetah watched it all with glittering green eyes from underneath one of the Acacia trees, a gourd with some Desert Dates in front of her, her tail swishing to the music as she took in the festivities around her.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:20 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. As a scout for his pride, Kiume found it simple to slip away unnoticed. He had been gone many nights, just looking for a way to apologize to his gods for his disgraceful behavior and appearance.

As vigilant as the cheetah is, he couldn't help but notice a commotion among a mass of felines in the distance. The music, and the appealing scent attracted the young cheetah. He wandered closer, cautiously, his dark coat melting into the blackness of the night. Though, as he discovered that the other felines were jolly and welcoming, he figured stealth was not needed here.

Kiume spotted a fellow cheetah, just resting from the crowd. Kiume approached her, feeling he would be more comfortable with a one on one meeting rather than diving into the mass of felines. "Hello." He said, giving her a pleasant nod before eying the gourd with the foreign fruits inside. "I, uh..." The cheetah paused, realizing it was his first attempt to communicate with a female who wasn't his mother. "Uhm. What's going on here?"

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:17 am
Raposa nearly jumped out of her fur when the shadow next to her became a male cheetah who seemed no older then she, and certainly one she had never seen around the clans.

He must be new here, she thought to herself, then gave herself a mental thwap the the head, Of course he is or he wouldn't be asking what was going on idiot.

The female gave him a welcoming smile, that reflected in her bright green eyes. " Welcome to the Sikukuu, and welcome to the Vuli's clan autumn celebration. Please, feel free to join in. There is food, and games, and as you can hear, the dancing has just begun."

She pushed the gourd toward him, " Would you care for a Desert Date? They are very sweet, but mind your teeth, there is a large seed in the center." Her voice was soft, and kind.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:27 pm
"The Sikukuu, huh?" Kiume responded absentmindedly as he observed the foreign celebration from a safe distance. The young cheetah was hesitant to join. It was likely he would just end up being the odd one out, like usual. Maybe it was best if he just watched. Just for now.

The cheetah's attention was torn from the crowd as Raposa pushed the gourd in his direction. "Uh, thank you." Kiume plucked a small fruit from the gourd and settled beside Raposa. The date rested between his fragile paws, and Kiume carefully peeled away at the skin of the fruit with his fangs. Wow, that texture and flavor is definitely going to take some getting used to.

"Why are you celebrating, anyway?" He asked, forcing the bit of fruit down his throat and off his tongue as he glanced at Raposa. "Errhh.. why are they celebrating." Kiume tilted his head, honestly curious and clueless.

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:14 am
" Spirit's Eve," Raposa answered with a smile, " its when we all get together and honor those who have gone before us. It a time to celebrate the joy of the life they lead and the joy of the life they gave us through the generations and of the generations to come. So many think death is the end , but truly, it is only the beginning." Her green eyes sparkled in the cleverly fashioned thin hide lamps that held fireflies trapped within them to light the nights festivities.

" You should go join, there is a pumpkin rolling contestant I think, and another with rocks and sticks I have never understood. Plenty of food, and of course the dancing. Everyone is welcome."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:58 pm
The young cheetah listened, fascinated by the foreign tradition of this very foreign pride. "That's really neat. I've never thought of celebrating that way before." He said quietly, eyes still glancing from one weird crafted object to the next. "Pumpkin rolling?" Kiume tilted his head, glancing in the direction of the pumpkins. It looked interesting, but it wasn't really his thing. Neither did the dancing... If there was a race, however... Kiume may not be able to resist.

"Well, why aren't you out there?" He asked, watching the female's face with much curiosity for his age. His tail curled around his paws as he looked towards the loud music, the bizzare instruments and felines illuminated by the dim light provided by the trapped fireflies.

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:23 am
Raposa's cheeks flushed a little, " Uh, I've never really had anyone ask me to dance, and since I help organize it all..it takes some of the fun out of the games and other things..well maybe not the races, but there are no races this time of year. That's for the spring festivals." She said shyly.

" I tend to fade into the background when it all begins. Just watching others enjoy it all. Though one I'd like to give it a try." She shrugged, " Maybe some day." She sounded a bit wistful, " but no one really knows how incredibly shy I am. They just see the me who directs the small army it takes to pull this kind of stuff off." She laughed and it was a good sound, " boy do I have them all fooled."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:23 pm
Kiume tilted his head towards the female with a subtle frown. He could empathize with her feelings and the awkward position she was in among her pride. "You seem really nice, I don't understand why no one would ask you to dance..." The cheetah paused for a long moment, staring off into the distance as an idea tickled his imagination.

"Erh, well.." Kiume fidgeted with the date in his paws, peeling away at its surface with his claws. The anxiety appeared once he realized how real the possibility of rejection was. It wasn't that he couldn't handle it, he felt rejected by everyone but his hare friend, Moake... But if Raposa rejected him, then perhaps every female would reject him! But... it was too late to turn back now. Kiume's tongue was already forming words. "Do you want to dance with me?" His voice was quiet, and he kept his pink eyes on the fruit as he continued to gore it. It seemed like ages just waiting for a response.

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:14 pm
Raposa looked up at him, her green eyes wide, the blush on her cheeks traveling to her ears. She couldn't believe it, he..he asked her to dance! She glanced down, suddenly nervous, afraid he'd change his mind.

Biting her lip she swallowed, then looked back up at him through her dark lashes, " I..I'd love to. I really would. I may not be to good at it, but Oh...I'd love to try..." she gave him a tentative smile, her words truly genuine.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:19 pm
If the cheetah's fur wasn't so dark, his cheeks would be a glimmering shade of red. He subconsciously continued to pierce and tear at the fruit in his paws as he anxiously waited for a response. The pause was way too long by now... she was going to reject him for sure!

"Oh... Oh you would!" Kiume couldn't hide his shocked expression. "Oh good. I've uh.. Never danced before. Maybe you should.. gimmie some pointers." He chuckled pathetically and rose to stand on his slender paws.

He waited until Raposa appeared ready to go until he spoke. "So ah..." He wandered forward aimlessly, glancing left and right as if in search of where they were supposed to be to dance. "Do we just... ?" He gave Raposa a clueless gaze, hoping for some enlightenment from her.

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:27 am
Raposa watched him pace forward, or rather she watched his tail. It was a very handsome tail and she wondered for a brief second if it was as silky as it looked. His words snapped her attention from tail to the present.

" Oh, um..yes over there." She gestured with one midnight paw, " we can go toward that circle there, by the Acacia trees. That is were all the dancing is." She gave him a bright smile, " I can teach you a little, though really, most just sorta feel the rhythm and move to it."

She came up beside him, " If you want you can follow me, its not that far and I know a few short cuts that will keep us out of the bulk of the crowds. I always leave short cuts so I can move around to check on things. I ..um...usually don't join in, but I've always wanted to try the dancing. Always."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:11 pm
"Feel the rhythm and move to it, huh?" Kiume tilted his head, finding the concept a difficult one to conceive. "I guess I'll try it... Just don't tell me if I'm making a fool of myself." The cheetah laughed and flicked his tail at the female playfully. "I'd rather stay clueless!"

Kiume felt a warmth in his chest as he listened to Raposa speak. It seemed as if she was passionate about this, and yet never got the chance to participate. Kiume was thrilled that he was finally the one to give her that opportunity. "Well, now's your chance... Let's go!"

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:48 am
She gave him a the brightens smile that lite her eyes, like the sun coming out behind the clouds, " Oh I won't I promise, cause I bet I'll look just as silly and we can be clueless together." Raposa laughed then, a breathy sorta laugh, one that was quiet, but genuine.

She didn't miss the flick of his tail, and decide then and there that he truly did have a very handsome tail. " Come on, this way." Without pausing, she threaded them through the back maze of all the festivities until they came to just behind the dancing area.

It was a good size clearing under a ring of trees with some kind of woven baskets that held fireflies in them giving the whole set up a nice glow. All over the clearing all kinds of animals were dancing and swaying to the drums and other instruments around them.

Raposa watched it all with a gleam in her eye, like a cub watching a butterfly. " I've never been this close to it all. Are we really going to dance Kiume?" She turned her bright green eyes up at him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:53 am
"Good idea!" Kiume chuckled, and with Raposa as a guide, he easily slid through the bodies of felines and into the little dancing area. Once again the naive cheetah was captivated by the exotic ornaments and instruments all around.

"Yes, let's start dancing!" Kiume turned his attention to the beat of the music. Just feel the rhythm and move to it... ? The cheetah hesitantly tapped his paw against the dirt along with the beat of the music. Was he doing it right? He gazed around, looking at the other dancing felines for a reference. Kiume swayed and moved his long thin legs until he was doing a backwards jig in a circle around Raposa.

He grinned at her, his white teeth glimmering in the light of the lanterns. His pink eyes met her green ones, and in that moment he was captivated. He didn't realize his dancing had slowed, but there was something special about Raposa he couldn't put a paw on. Ever since he'd asked her to dance, she'd attained a special glow...

Suddenly his dancing had stopped. An idea had just struck him.. One that might please his gods and allow him to live in the Inta lands guilt free. "Raposa! We should have cubs." He blurted out his idea without a second thought. As soon as the words stumbled from his lips, he regretted it. Realizing that someone who was unfamiliar with his religion and customs might find that.. a repulsive approach... Maybe she didn't hear him, he assured himself. The music is pretty loud, after all..

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

Lorne_Sionn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:43 pm
Raposa followed him, laughing in her quite way, swaying with him, her green eyes on that handsome tail of his as he moved rather gracefully to the beat of the music, and he said he couldn't dance! He was far better then Fionn who was said to be the best dance in all of the clans! And he was dancing with HER!

The lovely cheetah let her self go and moved with him, feeling the music for the first time ever and following her partner with a smile and the reflection of the firefly lanterns in her green eyes.

When he stopped dancing she thought she'd done something wrong and her ears drooped a little, then he blurted out his question and her eye went wide.

" Ah..cubs?" She blinked, then tilted her head to the side, then the other, finding that while surprised, she wasn't repulsed by the idea. Instead she gave him a shy smile, and put her paw on his, " Well...do we have to have them right now? or can we keep dancing?"

Wrinkling her nose at him, she leaned up and gave him a lick along his muzzle, " I like you Kiume, and...I...think I could learn to like you a lot. Would you stay awhile here with me, and see if we could like each other enough to have cubs?

[IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff