PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:32 am
Pumpkin Carving

Starts:
NOW!
Ends: November 1st 11AM CST

User Image

Candle by Mobster Goose

Rules

1. Carve a pumpkin! Take a picture with the lights on with your username, and one with the lights off with the pumpkin lit so we can see the design.

2. Tell us the story your pumpkin is trying to tell, or make up an adventure of how you came to get and make this Jack-o-lantern.
----- Since there seems to be some confusion on this, this is not just telling us why you used the medium or how you wanted to enter and this was what you liked best. Such information is for the Additional Info state. It has to be Either
A) A story about how you came up with the design
B) Describing the story your Pumpkin portrays.
B) A rendition of the story of how you got the pumpkin.

They do not have to be factual, and the more fantastical the better.

3. No Mules
4. No Proxies
5. One Entry per person
6. Do not post images bigger than 500x500 pixels -- Link to anything larger.
NEW7. Doesn't have to actually be a Pumpkin, but can be a pumpkin alternative. It cannot however, be an illustration of a pumpkin with a pretty design on it -- it has to be three Dimensional with things cut out, even if its in a digital medium (3d rendering program, Video games that allow you to build fully three dimensional pumpkins. ). You could carve Other things, such as Turnips even craft them out of materials such as polymer clay or some sort of Styrofoam, but it cannot be a flat surface, such as a flash program or an illustration of a pumpkin. Papercraft is welcome!
7. You are welcome to edit your entry.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:37 am
[align=center][color=orange][size=18][b]Ok Jack, time for your Lobotomy...[/b][/size][/color][/align]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Mares name:[/b]
[b]Temper:[/b]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/malhith/Soq Event/dynamite.png][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/malhith/Soq Event/rockyrockrock.jpg [/img][/url]

[b]Main image:[/b]

[b]Additional Image links (optional):[/b]

[b]Story of the/Behind the pumpkin:[/b]

[b]Additional info (optional):[/b]

Soquili-Activities
Crew

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:44 pm
Ok Jack, time for your Lobotomy...

Username: Tara de Draiocht
Mares name: Anatolé Enchanté (meaning night/dawn enchantment)
Temper: Inventive

Main image:
User Image

Additional Image links (optional): proof

Story of the/Behind the pumpkin:
I chose to do this concept because of a family tradition. For those who didn't know these pumpkins are based on the movie: Nightmare before Christmas. Everytime halloween comes around we (me, mom and cousin) sit at the table carving while listening/watching Nightmare play in the background, and I wanted to express that happy tradition through carving Jack Skellington and pumpkinpatch the hill. The movie also has another special place in my life as it was first given to me by my step-brother on VHS and I have watched it so many times it is past double digits.

Additional info (optional): thanks for this opportunity~ She is beautiful  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:01 pm

Username:sage_the_vampirc_angel
Mares name: Tailatuta Kalabaza ( According to Google Translate is Basque for Carved Pumpkin)
Temper: Kindled

Main image: User Image

Additional Image links (optional): http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m626/Tai_Liln/Pumpkin 2011/

Story of the/Behind the pumpkin: ( This is basically the story of me getting the pumpkin and carving told in third person.)
Drumming her fingers on the steering wheel, she waited for the light to turn green. She needed to get turn the flip a "U"y and pull into the churches parkining lot. Glancing around she saw only two other cars. The people working the money box. Nodding to herself, the girl climbed from her car dragging her purse from the seat beside her. Locking her Car, she moved to the tent the people sat in. Looking over the pumpkins that marked the price of the different sized pumpkin she frowned breifly. She'd been given twenty dollars to get a pumpkin but didn't want to spend it all. That was just to big of a pumpkin. Decide on a price range she headed out into the field of already cut from the vine pumpkins. Circling the pumpkins she eyed two different ones. Finally decided on one for its tall shape she hefted the pumpkin and moved into the tent to pay. Paid for and back in her car she and the pumpkin headed home. At home she sat down and and started to sketch. First a simple witch hat, then a ghost. then the idea hit her a chesire cat in a witch hat. Perfect. Cutting out her design she taped to to the pumpkin.

Waiting two more days till Friday, her free day the girl prepared to carve her pumpkin. Tools gathered and the table covered the girl sat down and got to work. First the inside was gutted then the design cut into place she went to work slowly cutting away the skin and carving her design into skin and meat of the pumpkin. Hours she toiled slowly shaving away the skin and meat till the design before her took life and smiled back at her. Pleased she put candles into the pumpkin and set it out to greet those who came to visit.
Additional info (optional): lol sorry my story is so long  

sage_the_vampirc_angel

Dapper Bloodsucker

32,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brilliant Light 450

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Username: Nyx Queen of Darkness *removed Tara by request since the name wasn't supposed to be there*
Mares name: Grauen Kerze (means Horror Candle in german)
Temper: Sinister

Main image:
Click it. I can't resize X_X
User Image
Additional Image links (optional): User Image
User Image

This is my third pumpkin ever and only 2nd year doing it. This is based on the song that Katniss sings in The Hunger Games trilogy--specifically Mockingjay book. I picked this design because 1, I'm obsessed with Hunger Games. 2. I wanted to have something that would both relate to soquili AND to the books as I was hoping to enter the Mockingjay.net contest. Then I hit on the perfect Idea. Lament has been my dream soq for awhile and her tree is based on a legend I created around the song mentioned in Mockingjay. So I hope you love my depiction of combining my soquili dream soq with one of my favourite books!

It's about a man who's being hung for killing and he's telling his girl to meet him there. My pumpkin depicts her reaching for his hanging body and fufilling the lines from her asking her to come to him.

The Legend that I created for Lolly and I's soq. Mine based on The Hanging Tree.
Nyx Queen of Darkness
Lydia was young and impressionable when she met Lance—the dark, charming brother of her best friend, Velia. It wasn’t long before the young pair was seeking more and more time alone. They were both daydreaming of a “happily ever after”.

Lance came home, to where Velia and Lydia would be waiting for him. He knew something was wrong as soon as he came upon the place. The usually warm light of their home was dimmed, and as he called out his voice echoed blankly against the wall.

The horror met his eyes when he stepped him, the fresh smell of blood made him wretch. Lydia was bloody and unconscious, but Velia…his only living family, the most tender one he’d ever known was dead. She had been murdered.

Over the next few weeks, Lance, already interested in the darker arts, prepared his sister’s body for re-entry into this world so that she could rejoin them. Lydia healed though she was darker and more sullen—tortured. She would never be the same.

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where they strung up a man they say murdered three.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the
hanging tree.

It was over these weeks that they devised their plan of vengeance against three stallions that had attacked Lydia and murdered Velia.

On the darkest of nights, All Hallow’s Eve, Lance and Lydia crept through the dark—stealing into the homes of the three stallions and releasing their cursed souls from the homes of their body in bloody and cruel ways. The sounds of the stallions screams were just dying out when Lance and Lydia made it home.

The cave walls reflecting the soft candlelight, as Lydia went outside to gather more wood. Lance began the ceremony, calling forth his sister from death to rejoin the living. Her lid twitched, just as they invaded his cave.

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where the dead man called out for his love to flee.
No stranger would it be
hanging tree.

There had been witnesses who had seen Lance making his way back to the cave, and they had come to take him. It did not matter that he had done this of vengeance for his sister. Lydia came running as she heard the scuffle, but Lance yelled for her to flee.

That night they hung him.
Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where I told you to run so we’d both be free.
No stranger would it be
hanging tree.

Lydia sobbed long into the night. She did not know the way of the dark arts, so there was no way she could bring either Lance or Velia back. She was destined to a life without them. The thought was simply unbearable. She would find her freedom with him then.

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Wear a necklace of rope, side by side with me.
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.

Going back to their abandoned home, she picked up the wilted bouquet for the wedding they had never been able to have. Placing the veil over her hair, she made her way slowly back to him like the sound of a funeral march.

It was in the dawn that they discovered Lydia hanging beside Lance.

It is said that some how they made their way back to this world. They are neither alive nor truly dead. Their names forgotten as they wander looking for each other for eternity—known only by the names Voodoo and Lament.

FULL LYRICS

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where they strung up a man they say murdered three.
No stranger would it be

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where the dead man called out for his love to flee.

No stranger would it be

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where I told you to run, so we’d both be free.

No stranger would it be

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Wear a necklace of rope, side by side with me.

No stranger would it be

Additional info (optional): She's absollutely freaking amazing. I LOVE her eyes *_*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:00 pm

Username: Mei Silja's
Mares name: Thyme
Temper: Sarcastic

Main image:
Click for full view~
User Image

Additional Image links (optional):
User Image

Was made in Minecraft due to the fact Sweden has no Pumpkins I can carve; and watermelons are very very expensive.. -Plus not a pumpkin at all!-

Additional info (optional):
The Soquili staff JulianMomo Can get to the server of this pumpkin from their game and see that it is real. -Nods-

Well aware I can not win with this but regardless I have tried!  

Mei Silja

Moonlight Phantom

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:00 pm

Username: Divena
Mares name: Astoria
Temper: Homicidal

Main image: User Image

Full crime scene
Mr. Pumkinhead's closeup
Ms. Cereal's untimely demise
Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Exhibit C
Pumkin alone

It was a normal day when Jack Oscar Pumpkinhead went to visit his recently married sister, Jacqueline Olivia Lantern. They had even had a rather pleasant chat, given that the Pumpkinhead siblings had never really gotten along too well. Mrs. Lantern thought her brother was too stiff, while Mr. Pumpkinhead disapproved of his sister’s choice in husband. The siblings had gotten into a typical shouting match that had gone on long into the night until Mr. Lantern kicked Mr. Pumpkinhead out of the house.

Mr. Pumpkinhead walked briskly, muttering darkly to himself about his sister’s idiocy. He was so wrapped up in his own thoughts that he wasn’t aware he’d turned too soon, into a dark alley. Not until he came face to face with a burly man holding a bloody knife. For a moment, the man and Mr. Pumpkinhead just stared at each other, both too shocked to move.

Then Mr. Pumpkinhead’s eyes flicked to Ms. Cereal, a young woman who lived down the street from Mr. Pumkinhead. She was a nice enough sort, if a bit flaky. And she lay on the ground… dead.

Mr. Pumpkinhead did the only thing he could think of. He turned and tried to run. But the killer was just a hair faster… And he knew better than to leave any witnesses…

*~*~

The call came in late, from a hysterical busy body who had heard a man’s screams. The police arrived on the scene and stared in horror at the bloodbath that rested in the alley. The wounds were identical to the slashes that were on three other victims they had found earlier that week. As they placed their evidence markers and stared at the double homicide, the lead detective uttered one sentence that sent dread spiking through his fellow investigators.

“Definitely the work of a cereal killer.”

Additional info (optional): I had a blast setting up this “crime scene,” and I really loved how it turned out!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:07 pm

Username:
DemonWingedPoetGirl
Mares name:
Jacklyn Beatrice Nimbleton
"Bea Nimble" 
Temper:
Artistic
Main image:
i re sized the image it just might take a bit for it to actually shrink.
User Image
in detail
The end is near
*que  dramatic old time radio laughter* .

As the moon shone bright and full over head, tiny hands gripped tightly a heavily treat laden pillow case. Holding it close to her face for comfort, she inhaled the scent of gentle lilac fabric softener and tender dreams from nights far more comforting than this. A sigh escaped her and the swirling heart pattern distracted her momentarily from the looming house just ahead. 
"Just a few more steps . . .  and a few moments closer to the end." she whispered quietly, looking everywhere but where she needed too procrastinating as best she could manage at this late hour.
It was undoubtedly quite the site.  Ghosts whispered in and amongst the few barren trees that scattered the yard with their claw like branches.  Stalks of over grown dead grass swayed the crisp autumn air, brushing  against one another, to make a symphony of raspy scraping noises. 
 Quite the spooky picture over all silhouetted against the star speckled sky, However perhaps the most eerie attribute of this “house” (if one would even call it so) was the deep red orangeish glow that emitted from all the windows. Almost as if the place was lit by hell fire itself. 
Suddenly in one of the uppermost windows a shadow passed between the source of the glow and the panes of glass. The girl gave a little jolt of surprise  . . .maybe even a little chill of fear. Moving quickly the figure appeared once more this time in a window on the second floor. For a moment it paused and seemed to look at her standing there.  One thing was certain It was definately getting closer.  Swallowing the lump in her now dry throat she walked forward once more, toward the cobweb covered porch. Upon placing a foot on the first step the door creaked open making and a sliver of orange glow slunk toward her.
“oh this was SO not a good idea.” She said quietly.
“Your certainly right it wasn’t get in here you’re a whole hour past curfew young lady.” Her father said with a scowl his face still painted like a cartoon Dracula. 
With a exsasperated sigh she tromped up the stairs and past him into the brightly lit house. “sorry dad I just lost track of time.” She replied.
It took a moment but with a smile he reached out a hand and ruffled her hair 
“it’s okay ill over look it if you lose track of some of those caramel squares your brother wont share any of his.”
She pulled out a few and handed them over as he closed the door behind them

It was official halloween was at an end.

Firstly let me say the prize for this game is epic. when I saw her in the soqoween thread I was like 
"whatever game that is I'm giveing it my all." 
Seriously almost withdrew my entry in the cat walker raffle just incase lol. Not to mention I was super glad she was the prize for something I felt I could enter with some amount of confidence. 
Thank you so much for the chance despite the trouble this orange menace caused me I had a blast carving it and am really proud of the way it turned out even with my creative input. 

Now
HOW It ALL WENT DOWN.
Okay so i dropped this pumpkin, not once, no not even twice, but three count um three times on my foot* (the same foot mind you) on the way home after i bought it.
That was very foolish on its part! Very foolish indeed!
For at first after i laid out my news paper and got all set up to do this thing. I thought for just a moment that i would go the classic route and do a regular plain old  jack o lantern face. Simple, quick, and painless for my little orange friend. Then i looked down at the ice pack on my foot . . . . my mouth set into a hard frown, i gave the 15$ orange menace my best death stare and then . . . .grabbed my IPhone. I think in that moment i saw it quake with fear  and maybe watched a little sweat roll down its thick orange skin. It knew beyond a doubt that it was in big trouble. 
Grinning manically spent a good 20 minuets looking up design ideas none of them looked painful enough to satisfy me . . . or easy enough for me to do im not exactly the best pumpkin carver BUT I wanted to draw the pain out! savor every slice!  
REVENGE SWEET REVENGE for my poor widdle tosy woesies WOULD BE MINE!!!!
Then i found it. It was prefect! True it was rated 5 out of 5 pumpkins for difficulty but it was also in a children's book (as per the description)  so i felt i could handle it fairly well. So using whatever i could find** such as tooth picks, a potato peeler, a steak knife, and a little really rather helpful sharpened bit of wire i began to work. 
 It took 2 and a half hours too finish all together. When i was done i stuck a candle in it  and put it outside to let it rot slowly in agony on my porch for the amusement of  myself and others.
mwhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahah
*see sad foot picture in album
** because i forgot to buy a pumpkin carving kit due to my foot being hurt.
Sweden no has pumpkins? Learn somethin new everyday i suppose lol

Oh and in case your wondering if i was doing voices for myself and the pumpkin. Like it was really being tortured and i was some sort of mad scientist  . . .the answer is totally yes. In fact I wish I would have recorded it as an audio track to accompany my entry.

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:21 am

Username: LunaRei_SilverBlood
Mares name: Lumière
Temper: Illuminating

Main image: Click here - I had to use an online program~

Additional Image links (optional): -

Story of the/Behind the pumpkin: Well, there really isn't much. I tried a couple different things, but in the end I liked the look on this one the most. I had to use a an online medium, for several reasons. But it's a just a simple little tribute to the event.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Username: Syaoran-Puu
Mares name: Elvira Willow
Temper: Unpredicatable

Main image: (click all the images to see a larger version)
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
This pumpkin was made by me and my daughter. I asked her if she would like us to make a cat (she loves cats) she shook her head, I asked if she would like to make a ghost; no. Frankenstein, no. A mummy, no. A haunted house, no. A vampire, no. A werewolf, no. I was running out of ideas, until I thought.... what do lots of children all over the world do on halloween after they have ate too much candy? THEY THROW UP! I asked my little girl if she would like to do that and she nodded enthusiastically and grinned so wide I thought the Cheshire cat was sitting next to me.

And so our mission was set. To create a pumpkin that would vomit... but not like those that vomit up their seeds, oh no.... after all that is far too messy and not as yummy as... CHOCOLATE! =D

Tomorrow we are having a little Halloween party for a few of Annabell's friends, and with a big smile she went to bed tonight and said "Mummy," *points to pumpkin* "scare Oliver!" ....I guess there is no hope that she will ever be a 'girly girl' now smile hehehe, not that I would change her for the world. I will have to let you know if it does scare Oliver or not... either way, this pumpkin will be VERY YUMMY!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

Additional info (optional): Candle is absolutely stunning! Loving all the entries, some fantastic pumpkin designs! Good luck everyone. *huggles*
In case you are wondering, I am British so here it is 'Mummy' not 'Mommy' =D  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:01 pm

Username: JetAlmeara
Mares name: Illuminati
Temper: Bright

Main image:
User ImageUser Image
Proof, before carving, mommy and baby pumpkin. baby pumpkin

I have a three year old daughter - and three years old seems to be about the age that they start wanting to do things on their own..subsequently when we went to the pumpkin patch and offered our suggestions she completely ignored them and we wound up with the most lopsided pumpkin in the entire place. Which was fine, our pumpkin had character!

Then the man gave her a little mini pumpkin and Mommy pumpkin and Baby pumpkin were born. Once we got home she decided that a spider and only a spider would suit our lopsided pumpkin...because spiders are scarier then ghosts or skeletons or monster faces. A spider it was!

She was upset that we couldn't carve Baby pumpkin as well..so I ended up painting a face on it for her, and when Mommy pumpkin went to live outside...Baby Pumpkin had to go with her. Thus was my 2011 pumpkin adventure .

Additional info (optional): Thanks for the game!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:28 pm

Username: Muffinsbaby
Mares name: Shukhia Cairan (Means Glowing Little Dark One)
Temper: Eerie

Main image:
User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

In a land filled with snow, lay a lone pumpkin, wanting, craving, a face of his own. One lone girl ventured out into the frozen land, braving the dangers of ice and permanent slippage. This girl found that pumpkin, freezing it's stem off (the stem was quite literally so frozen it broke off), and took pity on it, and took it home, warming it into a smiling face. She gave it candles, inside and out, to always keep the snowy pumpkin warm.

Muffinsbaby

Dapper Lunatic

Sweenys_Revenge
Crew

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:13 am
Zorro Pumpkin will keep my place warm  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:05 pm

Username: Lolli McHotpants
Mares name: Carling Ember(Carling is an Old English name meaning "Hill where witches gather")
Temper: Loquacious

Main image:
User Image

With my usernamename- [Here!]

"Quoth the Raven: Nevermore."
The book closed for the night and the touch-lamp was turned up to it's brightest setting. The mother smiled at her young daughter but the girl seemed troubled as she chewed on her bottom lip in thought. Her eyes darted about the room in paranoia as though something had snuck in whilst the story had been read. "Mommy," the little one whispered fearfully. "Was it death? Did the birdy know?" Her eyes were bright. Reading stories by Poe had become the pair's favorite bedtime tradition. "Was the man scared?"

The mother smiled and went to take her daughter's hand just as the lamp began to flicker, and then go out. Feeling the squeeze of surprise from the little hand within her palm she laughed and reached over to tickle the little person she knew was in bed next to her. "Do you think the man was scared? Would you have been?" The woman asked it of her daughter in a spooky voice but was only answered with giggles and movement next to her that she assumed was a shake of the head. "I can't he~eear you," she laughed out and tickled some more. Overhead against the bedroom window lightning flashed and the shadows of tree branches overhead swayed as though Death were lurking just outside. Waiting for his chance to strike.

Then all went silent in the room.

"Little one?" The mother asked timidly, afraid that maybe she'd been too rough and her little girl. Frantically she ran her hands over the place where her daughter's body lay. Fear and held breath swelled in her chest until she was sure it was going to explode. Tears threatened to spill over as she plead with the little one next to her to answer. Surely that slight movement was the girl still breathing-- Right? As the woman was reaching the height of her fevered pitch little arms wrapped themselves about her neck and breath hit against her ear in a whisper.

"Mommy ..." the word was breathy and labored. The woman was afraid to wrap her arms around the little girl pressing herself against her.

"Can we carve pumpkins tomorrow?"

TOTALLY FICTIONAL STORY -- It's based off of the pranks my four year old likes to play on me regularly. We didn't have the ability to take pictures of her with my pumpkin or of her's with it either, but she wanted it to be known that the raven was her idea. xD  

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:51 pm

Username: Kamiki
Mares name: Caldera the Light-bearer
Temper: Haunting

Main image:
User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Come close, I have a story to tell you.

Once, not too long ago, outside a small Kawani village lived a mysterious mare known as Caldera, the Lightbearer. Now, she was quite a conundrum to the Kawani village this mare - there was always this mountain lion around. Some say she was a sorceress and this lion was her familiar. Others say she was a skinwalker. Some say… well, some say she was both.

Of course you know how stories go. She was probably neither.

But either way, this mare she lived alone and practiced the Old Religion. Some the Harvest Festival, she would set out lanterns made from pumpkins and gourds to bring luck and guide the spirits to their crop to bless it.

Her practices, though, they made some folks uncomfortable - especially the white travelers from across the sea.

One harvest festival, two teenage boys caught the mountain lion and did a horrible thing. They killed it, and I'll spare you the details, but it involved stuffing the poor beast into a huge prize pumpkin and lighting it on fire.

The village was cursed with horrible crops that year. All the corn and gourds grew infected with a black mold, killing anyone who tried to eat them. And, so they say, wherever there was a death, a twisted feline smile would be mysteriously carved into a pumpkin somewhere near their body… making the tortured soul of that poor beast the last thing they say before they died.

Additional info (optional): We took all the innards from these big pumpkins and made roasted pumpkin seeds and homemade dog biscuits for our four legged kiddos <3  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff