16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Truxcin

4,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:48 am
Hey,so..what are all of your opinions on halloween? i know i used to trick or treat and stuff,and i do decorate,but this year we wont be accepting trick or treaters and stuff and ill take the decor down before it is time.. i guess it used to be my fave holoday but can also be noted as something from the devil,as people dress up as witches and vampires and even some devils,and im beginng to understand it and how it could be a not so great thing,as i had thought when i was of the trick or treating ages. Now i do still watch the disney halloween movies,because,be honest,you gotta love those...even if you dont participate in the "festivities" so anyway.. just wanted to get a fourm on how everyone in the guild feels about the holoday and if they do participate,have participated,or just plain dont at all.

Also on a diffrent topic,im looking to change my name..something with Cupkake in it,so if you have any suggestions..  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:31 am
This is a topic which I myself am having a difficult time deciding what to do with. I believe that some people go to extremes to scare the socks off of others, which is inappropriate, and the other extreme where others don't bother with it at all. I think that Halloween is an opportunity to show Christ's light and love to the community by letting your neighbours know that you're available if they ever need a helping hand. I remember a while ago going door to door asking for people to give canned goods instead of candies. I thought that was a good idea, we called it "Trick or Can."  

Orizion

woogie87

Steadfast Informer

9,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:45 pm
Take a deep breath before reading my post, it is a lot to process. I would like to talk about peoples' hearts and the roots of Halloween.
First, I have been under conviction by the Lord before. It doesn't feel good. However much good comes out of it. If your heart is being weighed on by God, that is called "Holy Spirit Conviction"
God does this so we grow more than usual, and walk closer to Jesus. It is a good sign of your relationship with Jesus so I praise him in what he is doing in your life!
First pray this question: Lord, what are you trying to tell me about Halloween and where would you like my heart to be regarding it?
1 Corinthians 6:2
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
"Judge the world" the world means society, systems, standards, lifestyles and such, not where some other peoples' hearts are in their hypocrisy and lack of humility to look at other people<-- never mind that a different conversation.
Halloween is different for each person celebrating it based on what their heart agrees and disagrees with. Your heart with bible study and prayer to Jesus will be right even for holidays like Halloween. ^-^
There are evils in Halloween HOWEVER, omit the things that God doesn't like, and enjoy the other side of it that he does approve of.
Origins of Halloween in different cultures
See Halloween is different for everyone. What things does God approve of on Halloween? You can have an approved holiday by God, so study your bible of the things God does like! Like pumpkins, creepy music, odd food, trick-or-treating costumes! There are many to choose from, maybe avoid the serial killer ones because of the ten commandments?
Also study things God doesn't like and see his side of why the doesn't like certain things. Such as evil, occultism, and tampering with the dead, demons, murder and all those yucky things.
Make your own Halloween with the answers God gives you! It is ok what you are going through, your heart is going to be beautiful, and the human heart sure does go through a lot, but it is still beating, so we have to give our hearts true credit for doing our best for Jesus!
Some Verses On The Heart  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff