Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] The World Still Spins (Ainsley/Sam) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Ainsley was sitting on the stairs of her front porch, just staring at the sky. She didn't want to be down here on Earth, not that she didn't like it and think it was a wonderful place to live but right now all she could think about were all those poor civilians up in the Surrounding who couldn't go home to their family and loved ones. Believe it or not but it had been almost a month now and no one had found the solution that would get them all back to Earth nor did anyone seem to know why they were stuck there in the first place. Well, if they did they certainly weren't telling the child.

In the meanwhile, with the civilians stuck in space Ainsley had given up most of her life to be stuck up in space with them so that she could help in any way that she could. This meant the free time she had to play and do all the things she liked had been replaced with finding time to make sure all of her homework was done, running off to space to help some more and then returning in time to get the minimum amount of sleep she possibly could which was often the cause of Ainsley arriving at school late. The teachers didn't seem to mind so much because Ainsley was ahead of the curriculum but their glances in the halls were suspicious of the sudden change from the first week of school where she was not just on time but usually early.

Her world had stopped spinning in the direction she had intended but it didn't mean that time had stopped. Instead it just meant that things weren't really going the way she had thought they would be when she had started school in September. She had forgotten all about her Word of the Day calendar, and that she hadn't seen Sam in almost a month. She could certainly catch up on the words but what about Sam?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:37 pm
Sam was in much the same boat that Ainsley was in. However, his was more of a badly tuned balancing act as he tried to go to space to help out, as well as maintain his presence on Earth as much as possible. He had parents to keep him grounded, literally. With everything that was going on, a few things had slipped away. Sam didn’t go out patrolling quite so much, he was actually taking a bit of a break from it. His interactions in space only reminded him that countless, almost impossible to imagine, things could happen at any moment. Then there was the fact that not everyone who was trapped in space responded to his help as well as he would have wanted. That left him with a lot to think about.

Then there was Ainsley. Sam had gotten fairly close to her during the summer, but when school started back up, he hadn’t seen her around, at all. A few times he had stopped by her house to see if anyone was home. Oddly, there never seemed to be anyone there when he went to check. Eventually he just gave up on checking. He wasn’t in the same grade as the girl, and being in the middle school part of Knightside, his schedule was a bit different now. He didn’t get out onto the playground at the same time as the lower grades, so he couldn’t even check for Ainsley there.

Today, Sam was just going for a walk. It was starting to get a little chilly, so Sam was bundled up in a brown cable knit sweater with a plaid scarf draped around his neck. He walked with his head bent down, kicking at a rock on the sidewalk. He didn’t even bother to glance at the McMahon’s home as he went by, assuming it’d be empty again.  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Ainsley's eyes had drifted from the sky and had looked right at Sam but she didn't even seem to notice he was there. It was almost as if the two children weren't really just a gap away but actually an entire universe apart. Ainsley was not grounded to the Earth in the least, practically living in a dream world that was called Space but Sam on the other hand was much more grounded. Sam was just like a rock, a rock that he kicked across the sidewalk.

It took a moment, but the sound of the rock hitting the ground seemed to click in the child's mind and the face of the boy near her came into focus. She was not in a dream world and she was in fact on Earth with a dear friend who she hadn't seen in nearly a month, looking awfully out of it himself. She certainly wasn't one to waste an opportunity and not knowing when she might be alerted that she could go to space again, she pushed herself off the steps and threw her hands up.

"Sam!"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:09 pm
Somewhere, Sam heard his name. But that was just a figment of his imagination, had to have been. It took him a moment to realize it was a real voice. Turning around slowly, Sam looked to where it had come from. There was Ainsley, standing on her porch. Sam’s brown eyes slowly went a bit wide in disbelieve. “Ainsley?” He questioned it.

But his question didn’t need an answer, Sam quickly left his stationary position and rushed up to see Ainsley. The closer he got, the more he was sure that she was in fact real. Sam hugged her tight, squeezing for maybe just a second longer then he should. That was when his young heart started to beat a bit faster then usual, it was so weird. Letting go, he stepped back and put a bit of distance between himself and his friend. “Where have you been? I haven’t seen you in forever… “  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:39 am

Ainsley let out a bit of a squeak from the surprise but slowly she hugged Sam back with a small, mouth closed smile. She was happy to see him and even happier to receive such a gift from him. However, when she went to let go of him, she noticed that he was still hugging her so she remained attached. She didn't mind, but it was unexpected for him to express such affection, especially for as long as he did just now.

Her hands folded over each other and rested gently below her abdomen as he stepped away from her.

"I've been busy helping people," she said with a giggle. It was very obvious she was happy to be able to.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:05 pm
Helping people? Oddly, that was the same thing that Sam had been doing with a lot of his spare time: helping people, in space. Of course, the way that he was helping people wasn’t going so well all of the time. Up there, there was a lot of resentment he had seen from people blaming him and senshi-kind for their troubles. Then there was all the attacks…

But that wasn’t how Ainsley was helping people. She must have just been volunteering at an animal shelter or soup kitchen or something. That was totally an Ainsley thing to do; she was so considerate. Sam just weakly smiled at her. He would have said that was what he had been doing too, but he couldn’t give away his senshi-dom. That secret was going to stay with him if it he could help it. “Oh, guess I just keep missing you then.”

His eyes ran over the girl again, and spotted the bracelet that she was wearing. It was the same one he made her, and saw when they went shopping. Seeing it made him feel a little tingle of delight. To avoid talking about what he had been doing, Sam decided to talk about that. “That’s a nice bracelet.”  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:44 pm

The fact Ainsley had been missing Sam so much was disappointing to say the least. She hoped that she'd be able to see him more often than this, especially before next year came and they wouldn't even be able to walk to school together anymore. Maybe she could work really hard and just skip grade six all together! However, when Sam changed the subject from what he was doing to the bracelet on her wrist, thoughts changed toward Senri and her face beginning to turn absolutely red.

"Oh, um, uh," she kept switching words quickly, her face absolutely beet red at this point. Her heart was beating faster and she longed to see the older man delightfully. Oh, his blue hair and his beautiful eyes. Her fingers traced over the bracelet on her wrist carefully as she seemingly drifted into a dream world. There she could hear the sound of Senri playing the piano but without him here she was positive the sound of Senri playing the piano was something similiar to how her heart was beating. It was beautiful.

"T-thank you," she managed to get out.

There was a pause as Ainsley looked to Sam and then back to the ground.

"S-S-S..." she began. What was she trying to say? It almost sounded like Sam. "S-Senri gave it to me," she whispered softly.

And then the flood barriers broke, leaving Ainsley to rave about the man.

"I found it in my mailbox. He must have been too shy to give to to me himself, isn't that cute? Isn't it absolutely beautiful? Don't you think it suits me? There is even a star on it! He knows me so well. I want to thank him but I am not sure what to give him!" Her shoe dug into the ground, twirling slightly as she wobbled by Sam. It was obvious what she wanted to give him, and that was an one of a kind item that beat in her chest.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:14 pm
When Ainsley blushed and uttered a thank you, Sam had thought he had done well. Exceptionally well! Ainsley must’ve known that it was from him. A large smile started to spread across his face, but it quickly turned into a flat face. Senri? Who was this Senri guy? Ainsley was supposed to say SAM! Was it some other kid in Ainsley’s class?

“. . . Oh . . .” Sam was at a loss for what to say. The girl seemed so happy, he didn’t want to ruin that for her. His smile went completely, his lips tightening up and becoming expressionless. His eyes drifted away from the bracelet and Ainsley to the floor. “I guess. It’s okay. I dunno, maybe you shouldn’t give him anything. He probably knows you’re happy.”

Sam paused, kicking the ground lightly with his toes. “Whose this Senri? How you do know it was even him?”  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Senri didn't want anything in return for it? Ainsley couldn't help but believe Sam was right. Senri certainly wouldn't expect anything in return for the fabulous bracelet because he was so kind and thoughtful, absolutely princely, and princes did everything out of the goodness of their heart. She still couldn't help but want to get him something though, the thought bringing glossed over, rose filled frames of thoughts about him. It was most definitely the very definition of a shoujo moment.

The bubble burst the moment Sam questioned who he was, bringing her back into reality.

"Senri is Senri! He looks just like a prince and he plays the piano so beautifully~~ I met him last Christmas when I first came to Destiny City! He put me up on his shoulders and I could see the entire hall~~" She said, eyes glazed over happily. She didn't say he was twice her age but it was heavily implied that he was quite a bit older than her when he was able to put her up on his shoulders and allow her to see the entire hall that was otherwise filled with people. Either way, Senri was most definitely princely, and also fell into the category of tall, dark and handsome.

She had never put much thought into how she knew it was him, but she felt like it had been him. There was no proof but what proof did she need when her heart was bursting with butterflies? It most definitely had to be him! It didn't occur to her that the one who gave it to her could be the young man who stood in front of her, who always stood by her side. She wasn't ready for such a possibility so it didn't even occur to her.

"I-I don't... I..." she tried to gather her words, quickly taking a deep breath. She wouldn't say another word until she had the words to properly explain herself. It took a moment, a lingering chance for Ainsley to gaze into Sam's eyes as she thought. She smiled at him softly, her hand holding onto her wrist softly while her foot softly fell forward onto the toe.

"Who else could it have been?" Sincere eyes looked curious, wondering if Sam knew something she didn't.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:51 pm
From Ainsley’s description, Sam gathered that this Senri character was older then he was and likely more handsome. Probably some high school kid. Perfect looking, musically talented high school kid. Was that what Ainsley liked? Musicians? Sam hated the guy already. He continued to kick at the ground until Ainsley asked who else it might have been.

He glanced up to Ainsley, his brown eyes meeting her blue. “….I….” As much as Sam wanted to yell out that it was him, he didn’t. “I don’t know. But I dunno if counting on some high school dreamboat prince is the best idea.” He counld’t guess that Senri was actually twice Ainsley’s age. That would just mean he was... old. Sam went back to kicking the ground, pretending that he was kicking at the supposedly amazing Senri. "There's probably someone better."  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:29 am

Any sort of uncomfortable atmosphere that Sam was displaying went quite unnoticed by the younger child. She didn't understand why Sam seemed to be so against Senri though! From Ainsley's perspective, Senri was perfect! How could there ever be anyone better than him? It was a childhood crush at its best and Ainsley practically melted at the mere thought of him.

She shook her head shyly, her finger running over the bead on the bracelet tenderly. There had to be a way to prove to Sam that Senri was wonderful but she couldn't think of anything and instead of arguing her case she stood there adjacent to Sam in silence, making the moment all the more awkward by the second as no sound filled the void.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:20 pm
Glancing at Ainsley, Sam watched her intently during their silence. Did she seriously like someone else? She didn’t argue that or agree about someone better. She just stood there. After a minute, of staring and silently ruing the existence of Senri, the quiet became too much. He had to change the subject.

Looking away, Sam glanced towards the road, thinking up something to say. Finally, he managed to speak. “Halloween is coming up. Gotta get a costume ready.” Sam didn’t pose it as a question, but simple fact. They had to get costumes, because Halloween required it. Otherwise it just was going to be like any other day.  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:04 pm

It wasn't very hard to derail Ainsley, especially when the topic involved princesses. Or at least did to her. Immediately when Sam mentioned getting a costume for Halloween, her thoughts went straight there. She knew what she wanted to be for Halloween and that was a princess! Well, this wasn't anything knew. She liked to dress up as a princess on a regular basis but having an excuse to dress up was even better!

"I want to be a princess! Do you think I will make a cute princess?"

There was a pause as Ainsley edged toward Sam.

"What are you going to be?"

Senri would be her prince, so obviously that was taken...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:39 pm
Of course Ainsley would be a cute princess. She practically was anyways. But this was Halloween they were talking about. A day for witches and demons, ghosts and vampires! There was no room for princesses in Sam’s version of Halloween.

“A princess? You can’t be a princess, unless it’s a vampire princess. You can be a cute princess any day. Halloween is for scary things.”

Sam pulled his hands up like a creature with claws and made a swiping movement. “The whole point is to be something frightening! Dress up as something you wouldn’t normally be. You’re practically a princess anyways. Be something else. I’m gonna be a monster of some kind. I dunno yet.” On the subject of Halloween, Sam was unusually chatty and opinionated.  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:46 pm

Ainsley was shocked! Absolutely shocked! She couldn't be a princess for Halloween? She never would have guessed there were rules for dressing up! She didn't know that Halloween was limited to just scary things and she could barely believe that she almost did Halloween wrong. She looked confused, worried and then she looked at Sam with gratitude. What would she ever do without him?

"Really?" She replied, asking with reaffirmation. "I didn't know that... Is there anything else I should know? I have to think of a new costume now!"

She would really have to think about what she was going to be for Halloween now, her plans ruined by reality. She had to make sure there was nothing else she needed to know though. She didn't want to do it wrong though, and for that she was grateful to Sam. There was lingering disappointment, but she could also go home now and put on her pretty, pretty princess gowns and just strut around the house for Xavier.

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff