Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hello?
  :/
View Results

covo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:07 am
Its been a long time since the last time I ventured into here. I think I saw that the last post was back in August and now it's about mid-September so it has definitely been a few weeks since any living soul has posted here.

I remember when I first joined this guild there were about fifty members active almost 24/7 and there was always someone to talk to. I think almost all of us were in high school too. Now we're all in college, graduating college, working, or married. It totally blows my mind. We all grew up. It also dawned on me that I've been a member of Gaia for over seven years now, I totally thought I would have cancelled my account by now, you know?

Well, now I'm just rambling on but I really just wanted to know if anyone was still here. What has everyone been doing?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:04 pm
I'm almost never on gaia. xD
Work Work Work. :C
And you? What have you been up too?

Boom! [In j00r pants]
Crew

Gharbad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:36 pm
Well I still check here periodically but there's nothing new (except for random new stuff...)

I'm working, nowhere near married, and yeah.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:03 am
@Boom: I'm not up to much at this particular moment, or at least not as much as was the past 10 months. Still in college, senior year at last. I'll be working on a theatre production for my department soon and I'm currently prop designing for a small theatre production outside of school but other than that it's pretty quiet. So work work work, I suppose.

@Ghar: Where are you working now? Same place as before?  

covo

Gharbad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:24 pm
Yeah same place.
Pretty bad morale, lots of layoffs and stuff... not really sure what'll happen. Whatever.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:47 pm
Every other time I talk to someone, they're always telling me about potential layoffs and such...definitely seems to be a trend. I'll be unemployed when I graduate in May since I work for the school as a student assistant...that's going to suck. xP  

covo

Gharbad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:37 pm
Personally I'm not too worried about it but from the sound of it we're going to lose like half the building or maybe more early next year...
Somehow I'm in this position where I'm overloaded with work and they keep wanting to give me more even though people are sitting around with nothing to do so I feel rather safe... I don't know, whatever. If it happens I'll just take a break, go to school maybe, and look for a new job.

I'm sure you'll find a job somewhere. Twisted Illusions (REMEMBER PEOPLE?) just got into her career actually.
I don't really know anyone who is entirely out of work.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:45 am
Having more work dumped on you with other people sitting around sucks, I've totally been there but, like you said, I have to admit that it does place you on the chopping block last which is good.

Oh! I remember Twisted! Good for her! I'll probably be out of work for a few months post graduation but I've got this crazy plan that involves getting into a special 6 month program working for Disneyland sort of like an intern, and if they like me maybe they'll actually hire me at the end of the 6 months but first I've got to finish my damn portfolio and sign up for an interview. We shall see how it goes...I don't graduate until May anyway.

Edit: On a side note....I totally just ventured into the public forums for the first time in AGES, specfically the GD. I forgot how ridiculous and stupid it is. xd  

covo

Gharbad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:11 pm
Crazy plans are good, always go for crazy plans.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:10 am
It's unfortunate to see TOC has pretty much faded from its former glory. Man, it's been forever since I was active here.. rolleyes  

Rallos Zec

D.O.T.T.!.E
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:52 am
I still check randomly. xP
I'm in college now, studying Psychology. I mainly come on here when I get nostalgic or when I really don't want to do my homework (ahem... like now).

heart  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:01 pm
I have those moments too. I'm about to graduate college (May 26) with a BA in Theatre Arts. xD  

covo

D.O.T.T.!.E
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:54 am
Wow, sounds cool. smile
Out of curiosity, what do you do with a BA in Theatre Arts? xP  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:34 pm
Well...due to the fact that it's so damn broad, nothing much...I either need to go grad school or attempt to get an internship or fellowship to work on skills in a specific area. I'm doing the second option at the moment, an internship with a Prop Master at a local theatre since I want to be a prop person. Other than that, my degree is kind of useless but oh well. xD  

covo

Boom! [In j00r pants]
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:51 pm
I'm not wearing pants.  
The OLD Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items