Welcome to Gaia! ::

Christians In Gaia

Back to Guilds

Open to everyone who wants to share their love for Jesus or even convert themselves into Christians. 

Tags: Jesus, Catholic, Religion, Holy, Bible 

Reply Main Forum
st anne prayer PLEASE HELP ME

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eli777

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:14 pm

I pray daily St. Anne prayer for those who have fallen away for the faith BUT I LOST MY BOOK OF PRAYERS ! I think I left it in the church. I'm frustrated cz I don't know exactly how the prayer goes and it does NOT exist on the internet. I've searched everywhere! if someone here has this prayer can u please, please write it down here for me? I need it.

the prayer goes like this:
"Dear St. Anne One whom I love has wondered off and become like a lost sheep,
please St. Anne intercede with your grandson, the good shepherd , let your daughter, the good shepherd’s holy mother intercede with him too.
Let the good shepherd of us all
seek out my lost sheep and, rejoicing, bring my loved one to his home-for all time amen."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:52 pm
I found out who gave those prayers!
ok, it was the Franciscan Mission Associates (FMA)

I told them what happened just like I posted here and gave them my postal and e-mail Address and I'm happy to say that they gave me feedback at my e-mail AND they sent me 2 stamps of St. Anne prayer! smile

it goes like this:

A Prayer to St. Anne
For Those Who Have Fallen Away
from the Faith

Dear St. Anne,
One whom I love has wandered off
And become like a lost sheep.

Please St. Anne, intercede with
your grandson, The Good Shepherd.
Ask your daughter,
The Good Shepherd's holy mother
To intercede with Him too.

Ask your Grandson,
To let my loved one, Once again
Hear the Good Shepherd's voice.

Pray that the Good Shepherd of us all
Seek out my lost sheep,
Place my lost sheep on
His divine shoulders
And, rejoicing, bring my loved one
home, To His house - for all time. Amen.

Eli777

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200

Blade of the Contessa

Unforgiving Duelist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:29 am
I'm so glad you found it! It's such a beautiful prayer, too. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:33 am
He keeps me functioning each and every day. Without Him, I will be nothing.

gaia_angelleft Catholic Prayers: Prayer to Saint Dymphna
User Image
In Nervous or Emotional Distress
I turn to you, dear virgin and martyr, confident of your power with God and of your
willingness to take my cause into your hands. I praise and bless the Lord for giving
you to us as patron of the nervous and emotionally disturbed. I firmly hope that
through your kind intercession He will restore my lost serenity and peace of mind.
May He speak to my heart and reassure me: "My peace I give you. Let not your heart
be troubled nor let it be afraid." Pray for me, dear St. Dymphna, that my nervous
and emotional turmoil may cease, and that I may again know serenity and personal
peace.
Amen.
In Physical Illness
I appeal to you in my illness, dear St. Dymphna. I would be so grateful for a total and
happy recovery, for the blessed gift of health in every fiber of my being. May the
Lord Jesus, who mercifully healed the sick during His earthly days, have pity on me
and make me well again. Ask Him to command sickness to depart and grant me a full
measure of health, that I may rejoice in giving Him glory and praise.
Amen.
For Love of God and of Neighbor
Dear St. Dymphna, our Church leaders reminded us at Vatican II that "it is the love of
God and of neighbor which points out the true disciple of Christ." The same reminder
is issued repeatedly, and yet, how often I fail the test of true discipleship. Intercede,
please, in my favor, dear girl-martyr, that I may truly love the Lord my God and all
His family on earth. May this love remain mine in life and lead me to heaven, where
with all the saints, I shall adore the Trinity.
Amen. gaia_angelright

But, with Christ, HE strengthens me. (Phil 4:13)

Aleetheeuh
Captain

Aged Gaian

16,875 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25

Eli777

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:16 pm
beautiful prayer! It has been a while since I've been in gaia! I'm most of the time in CAF (Catholic Answers Forums). biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:16 pm
You can simply ask our Heavenly Father to give backsliding believers more faith; the more they trust him, the more they'll believe his promises and stay loyal to his words. We do not need to pray by script. I hope you're not limiting yourself to that. Studying Matt 6:5-14 would suggest we shouldn't be doing that at all.

It's vital that I point something out: there isn't a single verse in scripture that says humans intercede from the heavens; we intercede only while we are on Earth. Biblically, these are the ones interceding for us:

Quote:
Romans 8:26-27, 34

26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.

Honestly think about something: the bible tells us that the believers who die will stay "asleep" until the resurrection (at the Messiah's return), how can they intercede for us if they are "sleeping"?

Quote:
1 Thessalonians 4:13, 16

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.

16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

Following the Messiah's example, we should be praying directly to the Father, in the same manner Yeshua prayed as documented in Luke 11 and Matthew 7. We intercede for each other yes, but those prayers are directed to the Father, no one else.

Please do not let man-made tradition redefine the word "saint" for you. Read his words:

Quote:
Revelation 13:7

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Quote:
Revelation 14:12

12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Quote:
Revelation 12:17

17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

The dragon is not going to make war with Saints in Heaven, but on Earth; ergo, the prayers of the saints are prayers from the obedient believers on Earth that are heard in Heaven.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Robotic Chewie2590

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:56 am
Matthew 6:7-8
King James Version (KJV)
7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games