Invisible Rogue

12,725 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:44 am
Kawaii Yami Rorita
Which is true.
But couldn't they make story about Harry potter's friends and his kids story how they experience Hogwarts?

Oh how I wish they would xd
But those stories aren't in the book. It'd be awesome, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:18 pm
Yeah i know it would be nice.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:00 pm
Because the kids will be able to experience what Hogwarts is like and have adventure.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:23 pm
house of flying dagger. It about Chinese civilian girl go in disguise as blind girl because of man that she hunts down. and plus after the mission they are enemies but they fall in love. But one of them has to die. She wasn't happy of it. But at the end she dies because two men fought over her love.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

azn_knight367
Captain

Lonely Explorer

8,125 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:19 am
Kawaii Yami Rorita
Which is true.
But couldn't they make story about Harry potter's friends and his kids story how they experience Hogwarts?

Nah, I don't think that would be necessary  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:27 pm
okay. There is fearless of jet li movie and emperor of the mummy return. I think it epic and awesome.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:47 pm
then i like this other movie is funny called zombie land.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:13 pm
Kawaii Yami Rorita
then i like this other movie is funny called zombie land.

yup! seen that one. it's funny. rofl
also seen mummy return and fearless. *sigh* jet li is awesome xd  

Mahikokatoru

Invisible Rogue

12,725 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:12 am
yes he was. I even like the house of flying daggers that more martial art movie.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:52 pm
another movie i like is Tangled it cute disney movie. Then i like Xmen movie  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:47 pm
Other movie I saw was creepy and good it called Tin man  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:58 am
If you're into anime, anything by Hayao Miyazaki is good, just recently watched Princess Mononoke (finally).  

azn_knight367
Captain

Lonely Explorer

8,125 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

silver_avenger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:54 am
maiden_of_thy_earth
I'm bored. sad Thinking of going to buy new movies to watch. 3nodding Anyone know any good ones? Hmong movies... as well as any others?

(Please give a short synopsis of the movie, Thanks.)

Well, what kind of Hmong movies do you want to watch? Action, comedy or drama?

Anyways, if it's Hmong movies, then here's some;

-Vaj Hmoob Roj Ntsha Ntxaum Nruas (Blood Drum)
: I uploaded this film on youtube since a lot of Hmong people wanted to see this. It's a film based on one of the major Hmong/Miao Rebellions in China around the mid to late 19th century during the Qing Dynasty. The film was made in 1991. It was originally in Chinese but was then dubbed by the Hmong Chinese and then dubbed into our dialect. The film will be in White Hmong so it's easy to understand.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCvAz2Mp3oo

- A Singing Fairy: Not exactly a Hmong movie but it does feature them since it has some of the many ethnic groups in China. Basically, it's about a Chinese guy who goes back to China to find inspiration for his music. (His music professor says that his music lacks 'soul') One of his inspiration is a legendary female Chinese folk singer named Liu San Jie (Thrid Sister Liu), whose music had inspired people of the ancient days to rise and stay strong against a tyrannical landlord. He goes to China for inspiration visiting the ethnic villages but one of the old tour guides (a friend of his grandfather) constantly tries to match-make him with girls from the different villages. The film has english subs

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOPM22Gq8lE  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:37 am
silver_avenger
maiden_of_thy_earth
I'm bored. sad Thinking of going to buy new movies to watch. 3nodding Anyone know any good ones? Hmong movies... as well as any others?

: I uploaded this film on youtube since a lot of Hmong people wanted to see this. It's a film based on one of the major Hmong/Miao Rebellions in China around the mid to late 19th century during the Qing Dynasty. The film was made in 1991. It was originally in Chinese but was then dubbed by the Hmong Chinese and then dubbed into our dialect. The film will be in White Hmong so it's easy to understand.

- A Singing Fairy: Not exactly a Hmong movie but it does feature them since it has some of the many ethnic groups in China. Basically, it's about a Chinese guy who goes back to China to find inspiration for his music. (His music professor says that his music lacks 'soul') One of his inspiration is a legendary female Chinese folk singer named Liu San Jie (Thrid Sister Liu), whose music had inspired people of the ancient days to rise and stay strong against a tyrannical landlord. He goes to China for inspiration visiting the ethnic villages but one of the old tour guides (a friend of his grandfather) constantly tries to match-make him with girls from the different villages. The film has english subs

Link: ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOPM22Gq8lE

This is great! Thanks so much!  

Mahikokatoru

Invisible Rogue

12,725 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hellraiser 500

silver_avenger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:04 pm
maiden_of_thy_earth
silver_avenger
maiden_of_thy_earth

- A Singing Fairy: Not exactly a Hmong movie but it does feature them since it has some of the many ethnic groups in China. Basically, it's about a Chinese guy who goes back to China to find inspiration for his music. (His music professor says that his music lacks 'soul') One of his inspiration is a legendary female Chinese folk singer named Liu San Jie (Thrid Sister Liu), whose music had inspired people of the ancient days to rise and stay strong against a tyrannical landlord. He goes to China for inspiration visiting the ethnic villages but one of the old tour guides (a friend of his grandfather) constantly tries to match-make him with girls from the different villages. The film has English subs

Link: ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOPM22Gq8lE

This is great! Thanks so much!

And there is 3 more:

-Ma Hong Jun: It is a Chinese film set in the time of the Chinese Civil War. (Communist vs KMT). The main character is a Communist soldier who was injured in a fight and escapes. He collapses in a creek near a Hmong village and a Hmong man and his family from the village takes him in and cures him. After regaining consciousness, he stays in the village for a while due to the enemy looking for survivors to capture. The film's been out since last year. I was told that it has been dubbed by the Hmong Chinese and they've been selling it at Hmong New Years. Check it out.

Link to the film's music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prXEJuy4mgw&feature=plcp

-Hmoob Blood for Freedom: A Hmong movie that came out this year during the Spring. It's created and directed by the Hmong in Thailand. Set in Thailand during 1965, there is fear that the Vietnamese Communist will try to recruit Hmong men as soldiers for their army and uprise against the Thai government. The main character is played by a Thai, but his character is Hmong. He struggles between the loyalty/blood bond to his father (who is on the Commie side) and the Thai country. The film also features some well known Thai actors like Sorapong Chatree. They said that it will be dubbed in Hmong soon but as of right now, there is English subtitles. The films should be out on DVD this year or next year.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv4L1goTaNg

-Nkauj Mais & Tub Fwj: An old black and white film by the Vietnamese back in the old days. The film features the Hmong with 2 main characters, Nkauj Mais and Tub Fwj. Nkauj Mais was forced to become one of the many wives of the village chief's son, due to her father being an opium addict and owing a big debt to the village chief. She lives a lonely and depressing life due to her cruel husband who abuses his wives. Tub Fwj is an orphan boy who was forced to work for the village chief after beating up his son, who was harassing other men's girlfriends during New Years. He could have gotten away after recieving his punishment by paying a fine, but because he has no money and is an orphan (no family members to help pay the fine), he is forced to take the village chief's money to pay the fine, and now has to work as his slave in order to pay off his debt. Of course, later on the film Nkauj Mais and Tub Fwj fall in love with one another. Was originally in Vietnamese but was dubbed by the Hmong Chinese. It will be a little bit hard to understand their dialect unless you know how to speak Hmong Leng/Green Hmong, but for the most part it's understandable.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxJPNJpZSMw  
Nyob zoo! Hmong People Unite! Have fun! ^_^

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces