Demonic Dream
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:22 pm
So, Chaz and I have been talking and thinking of new ways to take the campaign. What we came up with is an actual storyline, and a set timeline for it. What we worked out is we are are going to be in the X-men Universe. Our characters would be the children of the present day X-Men. A rise of the Mutant War was coming, and in preparation, we will be trained in our powers. And even grow up, kinda like how my first Star Wars DnD happened. Years later, we're awaken, and the world has gone to hell.

This idea is still under construction, and may change. But it is a brief description on what may come.

The main reason we're talking about this, is because we like the idea of being the offspring of the present day Mutants. For one reason, it makes our powers more filed down, and why we would have those powers. At least those 2 starting powers. And it would also take on more RP for our characters.

I actually narrowed down my decision for powers based on my parents.

Rouge - Power Drain
&
Gambit - Energy Control

We also want the relationships to kinda make sense. Bonus points if they actually happen, but it doesn't have to be a real relationship. But make sense. Don't make it being someone from the future, who never time traveled sexing up Xavier or something.

Tell me what you think, and where you stand on your parents.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:32 am
Since my character's preferred powers are Teleportation and Intangibility (walk through walls, etc.), my parents would be Kurt Wagner (Nightcrawler) and Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat).
Fun fact: this relationship actually happened.

Not sure if I want my guy to be blue, a different color, or just plain old pale and pasty. A tail, pointed ears, and 2-toes and 3-fingers are also being considered. I may have to flip a coin on these.  

Chazzzzz

Tipsy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Demonic Dream
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:39 am
It would be fun to see a new fuzzy elf walking around. I'd say be a freak in appearance. You're normally the pasty white kid. Or even try a different color, or just tanned. I don't know, hahhah. Any idea on personality for your guy?

I will have fun with mine. Another real comic relationship for the win.

Cajun accent, trouble loving, show off? Sounds fun for me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:07 am
I'm gonna go ahead and start with my initial Telepathy and Shapeshifter and because I think it'll be hilarious, my parents are totally gonna be Emma Frost and Mystique (when she randomly decides to be a dude disguise).
As for my personality, I'm not sure if I wanna be that awkward, quiet kid cuz she's traumatized by the fact that technically she has two moms oooorrrrrrrr be one of those totally-okay-with-it, ******** kids. Not sure yet. But there you have my powers and parents at least.  

ChileMuffin

Chazzzzz

Tipsy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:17 pm
Demonic Dream
It would be fun to see a new fuzzy elf walking around. I'd say be a freak in appearance. You're normally the pasty white kid. Or even try a different color, or just tanned. I don't know, hahhah. Any idea on personality for your guy?

I'm thinking of sticking with the same blue color. The whole freakish appearance thing will be an interesting character trait to have. Whether or not I'll be an insecure emo kid about it, I'm not sure. I don't think I want to continue the religious aspect of Kurt, because ... well ... just because. I don't particularly see my character being the funny jokester either. I don't particularly know much about Kitty, so after I research some on her, I'll figure out some traits to take from her character maybe.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:05 pm
Wow, X-Men huh? Now I'm at a total disadvantage seeing as how I never kept up with the stories and never knew who was dating who.

I'd like to comment on James' post about time travel, were you thinking of me when you said that? lol. My first thought was cable.

I have no idea what to do now. I suppose if i wanted regen powers, I'd be the offspring of wolverine. I imagine he must have hundreds of illegitimate lovers. Thoughts?  

Tolias Sharp

3,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Demonic Dream
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:57 pm
Tolias Sharp
Wow, X-Men huh? Now I'm at a total disadvantage seeing as how I never kept up with the stories and never knew who was dating who.

I'd like to comment on James' post about time travel, were you thinking of me when you said that? lol. My first thought was cable.

I have no idea what to do now. I suppose if i wanted regen powers, I'd be the offspring of wolverine. I imagine he must have hundreds of illegitimate lovers. Thoughts?

I could see Wolv having a ton of illegitimate lovers. And I could also see people wanting to be his offspring.

As for time travel. I know you do love Cable, and I have little problem with that. I just didn't want like, Cable and Jean, his own mother, and that sort of thing. But what powers would you group with Cable, anyway?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:15 pm
According to Wikipedia, Cable has telepathic and telekinetic abilities. I would've figured (as a son of Cyclops) that he would've had some sort of eye-beam power.  

Chazzzzz

Tipsy Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Demonic Dream
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:19 pm
I always figured his Psychic Blasts was always a form of the energy blast, and telekinesis combined. But he's mainly known for being a weapon master, and even a Technopath.  
DnD

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games