Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
where should i start?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hopeless Joker

Beloved Phantom

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:49 pm
ok i guess many would consider me new to all of this ritualistic, magical, demonic, etc. stuff and im having a hard time finding a good place to start can any body help  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:50 pm
Have you checked out the Greater and Lesser Keys of Solomon? The Ars Goetia?

If you have no magical experience then you may want to start with something like Initiation Into Hermetics by Franz Bardon. My suggestion to you is to just read about what interests you. And you will have to read quite a lot to gain an understanding and then gain experience. The books I've mentioned are available at no cost online in many places.

Good luck.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:20 pm
well if u mean the occult/paranormal stuff in general thats kind of hard to say, it really depends simply on where you want to start or, like obscurus said, what interests you.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:46 pm
neko-mata-01
well if u mean the occult/paranormal stuff in general thats kind of hard to say, it really depends simply on where you want to start or, like obscurus said, what interests you.
more along the lines of demonic entities or ritualistic things  

Hopeless Joker

Beloved Phantom

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:33 pm
666Belial666
neko-mata-01

well obscurus seems to be somewhat experienced with those topics.
for demonic entities it could vary greatly (due to demons existing in various religions and cultures) such as yokai in japan and demons in christianity. the same goes for ritualistic stuff. im not exactly sure what you mean by this. (various forms of magic could use rituals) this also varies greatly.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:25 am
Hopeless Joker
neko-mata-01

Like Satanic rituals? stare  

Kranich

Invisible Fatcat

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:35 pm
Necromancy?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:17 am
Hopeless Joker
ok i guess many would consider me new to all of this ritualistic, magical, demonic, etc. stuff and im having a hard time finding a good place to start can any body help
Start with a detailed understanding of math, physics, and chemistry. These are the laws of the universe, and magic only in truth can take advantage of these laws. After beginning to grasp these, move onto an understanding of technology, and then begin your work with magic. Understand the universe first, then exploit it's inner workings.  

Trollzors Vader

Wealthy Businesswoman

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Married 100
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items