Welcome to Gaia! ::

❖⊱- Not Quite There -⊰❖ (A Ringmaster Fanguild)

Back to Guilds

Enter the tent and enjoy a wide variety of fun in the world of Gaian circuses! 

Tags: Ringmaster, Ringleader, Role Play, Circus, Cirque du gothique 

Reply ❖⊱- Not Quite There -⊰❖ (A Ringleader Fanguild)
The Alice Thing Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaori242

Gracious Humorist

9,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:10 pm
Original List compiled by Yen Quest!

Alice Sil
The White Rabbit Reivyn
The Mouse
The Dodo
The Lory
The Eaglet
The Duck
Pat
Bill the Lizard
The Caterpillar Adora
The Duchess Icarus Meldellevo
The Cheshire Cat Luciano
The March Hare Ace
The Hatter Alex
The Dormouse
The Queen of Hearts Mrs. Puppett
The Knave of Hearts
The King of Hearts Icarus
The Gryphon
The Mock Turtle
Tweedledee/Tweedledum Parasite and Tapeworm

Now, someone mentioned the White King and Queen (game of chess with the red), and I believe Maria had her OC being the caterpillar.

This was too epic to leave out:
Rose of Hope
Actually, I haven't done much research on the White Queen, but I think the role of the Duchess might fit Icarus quite well. 

Firstly, the Duchess is, technically speaking, the 'owner' of the Cheshire Cat, but I think it's pretty obvious that she has hardly- if any- control or influence over the creature. Considering that the Cat is Meldevello/Luciano (Or is it just Luciano?) whom Icarus respects and trusts as a right-hand (more like godsend) of sorts, but, in all honesty, has no power over, this seems rather fitting. In truth, Meldevello/Luciano is one of Icarus' men pretty much only in name. 

Secondly, the Duchess is depicted as completely and utterly ignoring the pots, pans and kitchen utensils all thrown at her by her chef, which all bounce of her harmlessly, and cause no more trouble than creating a loud racket. This is similar to Icarus' tendency to shrug off or ignore comments or insults, especially those pertaining to his disability. 

Thirdly, the Duchess is a portrayed as an adversary or antagonist to the Queen of Hearts. The Queen of Hearts is Mrs. Puppet. Enough said. 

Fourthly, the Duchess is shown to not do much but sit there, talk, and attend the Queen's croquet parties instead running the affairs of her house or other such work. Guess who else is a slacker?

Lastly and most importantly, the Duchess' personality seems rather variable, and her actions towards Alice differ greatly in their two encounters. The first time, she's somewhat standoffish and dumps the work of taking care of her 'baby' onto Alice. The second time, she's extremely, almost overly, friendly, and even seems to be attempting to charm Alice. While the mental image of Icarus 'attempting to charm' Sil is laughable, to say the least, these two cases showcase how changeable the Duchess' personality is. Icarus is an actor in his dealings with others, and a very diplomatic actor at that, which means that his moods and attitudes can easily undergo such violent swings all depending on the circumstances. Also, he's not above, pardon my French, "kissing a**" to gain favor with others, as the Duchess does on the second encounter. 

While there are several contrasts between the two, such as their attitudes towards children, and gender for an instance, I think that Icarus would easy fit the role of the Duchess in Alice of Wonderland. 

Now, Eli on the other hand, I have no bloody idea. 8D;; Definitely not Cheshire. The Cat's too sensible to be Eli. 

Alice in Wonderland Resource

-----

That's what we have so far.

COMMENCE DISCUSSION <3  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:36 pm
Since this is Sil's Wonderland..I guess I should try to describe how it'd probably look. XD

On the surface, it would be calm, peaceful. Much like the front that Sil puts out for people. However, as one travels deeper, the surroundings start to grow a bit more shabby, like old structures that are desperately trying to hold themselves together. More metaphors for her psyche. And as you go deeper it would probably get worse. The people you would run into would probably grow more and more twisted as you go in deeper too.

...Funstuffhuh? XD

Silent Cartoon
Captain

6,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:38 pm
....Okay... But, one thing...
If we want it to be as trippy as possible..

I GET TO COLOUR! XD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:46 pm
.... ...Kay. XD

Silent Cartoon
Captain

6,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Kaori242

Gracious Humorist

9,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:27 am
So how closely are we sticking to the Alice story? I feel like we could take some liberties. And that Parasite and Tapeworm are just perfect for Twiddledum and Twiddledee.

How many characters do we need the counterparts for?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:59 am
Kaori242

Yen Quest
Maria had her OC being the caterpillar.

This was mentioned yes. I think Adora would fit nicely.  

Maria is Absent

Timid Werewolf

9,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100

Yen Quest

Crew

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:54 am
I feel for Sil in the main roleplay right now, but I couldn't help but smirk at the thought of everyone being stuck up to Sil in Wonderland. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:45 am
Maria Talia Reaver
Kaori242

Yen Quest
Maria had her OC being the caterpillar.

This was mentioned yes. I think Adora would fit nicely.

Done!

I feel like we just need to find a White Rabbit. We don't need to follow the original Alice completely, do we?  

Kaori242

Gracious Humorist

9,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:57 am
Uh... just wondering... if Ace is sane, then why is he playing as the March Hare? The March Hare is absolutely ******** nuts. Hahah. He'd be more suited to the White Rabbit or something less... insane? xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:35 am
Miss Maeko
Uh... just wondering... if Ace is sane, then why is he playing as the March Hare? The March Hare is absolutely ******** nuts. Hahah. He'd be more suited to the White Rabbit or something less... insane? xD
Aren't wonderlands usually depict the dark side of Alice's consciousness? If so, Ace being mad fits the theme. xD  

Yen Quest

Crew

Tiny Shapeshifter

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:48 am
Yen Quest
Miss Maeko
Aren't wonderlands usually depict the dark side of Alice's consciousness? If so, Ace being mad fits the theme. xD

I suppose... but then what are we doing? Opposites? Then wouldn't Puppett be benign and Icarus... not? .___.''

Just wondering... sorry...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:06 am
Miss Maeko
I suppose... but then what are we doing? Opposites? Then wouldn't Puppett be benign and Icarus... not? .___.''
The characters don't have to be of opposite personality to fit in wonderland. They just have to be beyond normal according to Alice's view of the person. Puppett could be extra super crazy murderer if she wants, and Icarus having a child of his own is good. xd  

Yen Quest

Crew

Tiny Shapeshifter

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:14 am
Yen Quest
Miss Maeko
The characters don't have to be of opposite personality to fit in wonderland. They just have to be beyond normal according to Alice's view of the person. Puppett could be extra super crazy murderer if she wants, and Icarus having a child of his own is good. xd

But then we come to the other problem... Sil has never met Mrs. Puppett. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:37 am
Miss Maeko
But then we come to the other problem... Sil has never met Mrs. Puppett. xD
Um... Um... Well dang. All I can say is that she's in for a surprise? xD  

Yen Quest

Crew

Tiny Shapeshifter

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:40 am
Yen Quest
Um... Um... Well dang. All I can say is that she's in for a surprise? xD

lol? xD But if this is Sil's perception on the person, whether it be exaggerated or not, Mrs. Puppett wouldn't be able to be in the Wonderland since Sil has never met Puppett and therefore wouldn't have even a shallow perception of her. sweatdrop But yeah... just wondering...  
❖⊱- Not Quite There -⊰❖ (A Ringleader Fanguild)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games