Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Ocean in Paganism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of the Ocean?
  It has a mysterious awe that I find myself drawn to.
  Never really thought about it.
  It bores me.
View Results

C h e r r yADE xx

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:41 am
Now, I'm very new to Paganism, in fact I wouldn't say that I am Pagan just yet, I've only just started researching it.
So you'll have to excuse my ignorance.

I know that Pagan's devote their time to nature and looking after the earth, but I haven't noticed much mentioned about the sea.

I, in the least oddest sense, love the sea. I don't what I adore about it so much. It's so colourful and mysterious. We know more about the surface ofthe moon than we do about our oceans. Perhaps thats why it isn't mentioned much in witchcraft, or maybe I'm being blind-dumb-deaf.

Am I being dopey? Is there a strand of worship that centers inself around the Ocean?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:42 am
There is lots of stuff in paganism that deals with the ocean. My aunt is really into Yemaya for example. She's also kind of eclectic, so instead of a pentacle she has sand dollars- and a lot of her altar stuff is from the ocean.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

C h e r r yADE xx

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:44 am
Oh well then that's good to hear. What does she do exactly, did she get any information from somewhere or anything?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:47 am
C h e r r yADE xx
Oh well then that's good to hear. What does she do exactly, did she get any information from somewhere or anything?

It's a part of Santeria- so I'm guessing she has some friends who hang out at the local botanica or something.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

C h e r r yADE xx

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:53 pm
Esiris
C h e r r yADE xx

It's a part of Santeria- so I'm guessing she has some friends who hang out at the local botanica or something.
Ah thanks for that, it helps a lot, I'll look into it!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:57 pm
I think I know what you're talking about...I tell every guy I go out with that my first love is the ocean. I've expressed my desire to marry the ocean (ha) on numerous occasions and have had a few...interesting experiences with it.

I center a lot of my work around fae and elementals and there are a lot of ways to commune with the ocean and its spiritual inhabitants through these avenues. Be aware though that fae in general and water spirits in particular can be a little bipolar in their treatment of humans.

Good luck! biggrin  

The Lady Voldemort

Anxious Millionaire

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas