Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
If you knew your parents knew you were not straight,........ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StolenAnima

14,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:28 pm
im to scared to tell my parents because my sister told them she was les and they kicked her out...im pretty sure they would do the same to me, but i think my mom knows...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:25 pm
Totally understandable, your situation. Lemme tell you about how I came out to my mother and father. They're divorced, however, so it was two different times I told them. I told my mother when I was 14. I told my dad just six months ago.

With my Mother, I think she might have had suspicions. However, I was caught kissing a girl in my room who was supposed to spend the night. We both liked each other and wanted to know what it felt like to kiss a girl. Karma being a total b***h, my mother walked in right at that moment. She could have overheard the conversation, but still. She was in denial the whole time and thought I was going through a "phase". She even sent me to a Catholic summer camp to try and "straighten my thoughts". Obviously that didn't work when I was getting touchy feely with one of the other camp girls. She is still in denial about it and keeps telling me every single day that it's "not the Godly way" and "I'm such an abomination". Don't get me wrong, I still love her because she spent 20 hours giving birth to me, but that was just my situation. All parents are different.

Now, with my Father... Well, he's one of those guys who wants their daughter to date the cute boys who are trying to get into my pants so he can get out his shotgun or baseball bat. He's the one who likes to have me be "Daddy's Little Girl". Every time I tell him I'm interested in someone, he tells me "not to lie to him". It's quite pathetic, actually. Four and a half years, and they're still not accepting it. I remember one night when I came home from a date with a girl and my mother actually kicked me out of the house because I had a hickey on my neck from her. :/

Sorry to be such a mood killer here, but I thought I would share since everyone else is. I think you should just go with your gut and what your heart tells you to do(cheesy, I know).

Best of luck!  

Oreo Panda16

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Aedicule

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:17 am
hmm i probably wont tell mine because idk how my mom would act and if my ***hole of a dad knew he would probably kill me and if im lucky he will kick me out or disown me  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff